SangreTopic starter

I feel so left out
August 11, 2010, 02:14:49 AM
Am I the only non-religious person here? Don't get me wrong, I respect people regardless of whether they believe in God or not and I'm not against religion in any way, but I get lost when a lot of the posts here turn into biblical studies. I don't mind or at least I shouldn't, but I feel like I have nothing to do here if I fail to provide a quote from the Holy Bible and I hate being isolated from the rest of the community. Just throwing it out here...I hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"No one should judge what I\'ve done with my life. Not unless they\'ve been in my shoes every horrible day and every sleepless night." ~ Michael J. (1995)

Re: I feel so left out
August 11, 2010, 02:25:44 AM
I hear ya, I am not religious and just skip over that stuff.  Not my cup of tea either,  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
L.O.V.E - Love Overcomes Virtualy Everything

August 11, 2010, 02:45:47 AM
No you are definitely not alone, I am exactly the same. In fact, I have been feeling like this too and have feared posting something like you have in case of a back lash. I feel extremely lost when God and the Bible is brought into it all and I feel like I'm not really apart of it all this when alot of people talk about God. I also hope to not hurt anyone's feelings and I hope the lack of response in this thread isn't because we have done that but I must admit, it does make cringe to see constant talk of God doing all these things and helping out and then even more so with Bible references etc. I guess I just do that because it's not my cup of tea and it's contrary to my beliefs but each to their own, I respect that.  :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.” - Michael Jackson

Datroot

August 11, 2010, 02:49:26 AM
Same here.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'M A LOVER, NOT A FIGHTER

themjkiss

August 11, 2010, 02:53:07 AM
Sangra/LovelyLurker, I am sorry to see that you feel that way, by no means are you not important, you are. So please do not feel discouraged by this, I am christian myself, and I comment sometimes. Mostly I enjoy reading what everyone has to say on the subject, I keep it at that. So please know that both of you are never left out....

By the way LovelyLurker, I love your name  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

August 11, 2010, 02:55:29 AM
I'm one of the Bible quotin God lovin people! LOL

In my offline life I deal with people of all belief sets - from Christians, to Atheists, to Sikhs, to Hindus, to JWs, to you name it.

My disclaimer to all is if I reference the Bible or God it's because that's what makes me, me.  Those are my beliefs.  I saw someone post a quote from the Quran (oh I'm sure I didn't spell that correctly.. sorry!) and I was so excited because that person was sharing from what they believe.

If you don't believe in God, or don't read the Bible, while I truly wish you would because I believe it would bless you, I won't judge you for it.  You have made that decision for your life and I respect that.

You can still share... share a great quote you know that is relevant... share from your experiences.... try to understand what the Bible quotes we use are conveying and leave it at that.

If there is anything I could do better when referencing verses or God to allow people with differing beliefs to feel "included" please do let me know.

And if I have said anything to make you feel excluded, please accept my apologies.  It was not intentional!

Thanks for sharing!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

August 11, 2010, 03:00:39 AM
Quote from: "Sangre"
Am I the only non-religious person here? Don't get me wrong, I respect people regardless of whether they believe in God or not and I'm not against religion in any way, but I get lost when a lot of the posts here turn into biblical studies. I don't mind or at least I shouldn't, but I feel like I have nothing to do here if I fail to provide a quote from the Holy Bible and I hate being isolated from the rest of the community. Just throwing it out here...I hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings.

You're not alone!  :D  I'm more into metaphysical, self-help things myself. Wayne Dyer, Deepak Chopra, etc., that kinda stuff. xD Not very religious at all! Lolz :P
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (B. Howard Fans)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (Martin Page Fans)

SangreTopic starter

August 11, 2010, 03:20:46 AM
I tend to be philosophical, but in no way spiritual though I do find it very beautiful to believe in something.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"No one should judge what I\'ve done with my life. Not unless they\'ve been in my shoes every horrible day and every sleepless night." ~ Michael J. (1995)

Keiko

August 11, 2010, 03:30:18 AM
You are definitely not alone. I'm not a religious person, either. I know absolutely nothing about the Bible other than the Genesis creation story (Adam and Eve). All these Johns and Pauls and whomevers confuse me... :P
I'm more of a metaphysical, spiritual person myself - I do believe in God, but standard religion has never been my thing. I agree, it's frustrating when everyone makes biblical references, especially when it's used as proof of something. I respect others' opinions, but I just skip over it as well.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

SangreTopic starter

August 11, 2010, 03:32:28 AM
Quote from: "Keiko"
You are definitely not alone. I'm not a religious person, either. I know absolutely nothing about the Bible other than the Genesis creation story (Adam and Eve). All these Johns and Pauls and whomevers confuse me... :P
I'm more of a metaphysical, spiritual person myself - I do believe in God, but standard religion has never been my thing. I agree, it's frustrating when everyone makes biblical references, especially when it's used as proof of something. I respect others' opinions, but I just skip over it as well.

I get it, especially with the "proof."
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

August 11, 2010, 04:58:32 AM
I'm an in-betweener!!  Maybe you'd call that sitting on the fence!  I'm calling it an open mind! Brought up with formal religion, rejected it, looked at other ideas, rejected them all.  I didn't want to know when God and the bible started being quoted by TS and others here and for a long time I skipped over those bits!

But recently, I've become more understanding of how important MJ's belief in God is to him. Whatever our own personal beliefs, I think we have to acknowledge this side of MJ, as it's certainly a HUGE part of what makes him tick, and I'd be doing him a disservice if I just skipped over or ignored this aspect of his being!

And I'm wondering why on earth so many of us here felt overwhelmingly drawn, led or guided to learn about MJ after he 'died', by something we couldn't explain. That sounds pretty spiritual to me!

Please don't feel left out! We're all needed here - it's a great adventure (I think!).
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

trublu

August 11, 2010, 05:50:03 AM
You are not alone. I am not religious but I believe in the afterlife. But I do not practice any religion. I guess I am agnostic. Love to you :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

SangreTopic starter

August 11, 2010, 06:30:09 AM
Quote from: "curls"
I'm an in-betweener!!  Maybe you'd call that sitting on the fence!  I'm calling it an open mind! Brought up with formal religion, rejected it, looked at other ideas, rejected them all.  I didn't want to know when God and the bible started being quoted by TS and others here and for a long time I skipped over those bits!

But recently, I've become more understanding of how important MJ's belief in God is to him. Whatever our own personal beliefs, I think we have to acknowledge this side of MJ, as it's certainly a HUGE part of what makes him tick, and I'd be doing him a disservice if I just skipped over or ignored this aspect of his being!

And I'm wondering why on earth so many of us here felt overwhelmingly drawn, led or guided to learn about MJ after he 'died', by something we couldn't explain. That sounds pretty spiritual to me!

Please don't feel left out! We're all needed here - it's a great adventure (I think!).

A lot of famous people gain more acceptance after something tragic has happened to them. People don't appreciate what they have until it's gone. IMO, there's nothing spiritual about that; just human nature.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

August 11, 2010, 06:44:11 AM
A lot of famous people gain more acceptance after something tragic has happened to them. People don't appreciate what they have until it's gone. IMO, there's nothing spiritual about that; just human nature.

I've done the 'human nature' thing you describe with other famous people that I liked/admired. All I can say is my experience this time, with MJ, is totally different and feels like I'm tapping into a previously hidden part of myself. Hard to describe, and maybe I shouldn't have called it 'spiritual', but I'm keeping an open heart and mind about it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

SangreTopic starter

August 11, 2010, 06:54:56 AM
Quote from: "curls"

I've done the 'human nature' thing you describe with other famous people that I liked/admired. All I can say is my experience this time, with MJ, is totally different and feels like I'm tapping into a previously hidden part of myself. Hard to describe, and maybe I shouldn't have called it 'spiritual', but I'm keeping an open heart and mind about it.

I didn't mean to come across harsh or anything, I hope I didn't hurt your feelings. :oops:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal