2good2btrueTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

(PS..I know this is an old article, but sometimes it's good to go back to the begginning....and no, I don't always believe everything I read.. :| )

A 24hr Sober Coach was hired for him ?????????
Michael Jackson's family were so concerned about his addiction to powerful painkillers they considered forcibly admitting him to a rehabilitation clinic just two weeks before he died.
The plan - which would have involved psychiatrists trying to convince a judge he was a danger to himself and others - was abandoned only because of Jackson's resistance, and the overwhelming pressure to fulfil his concert commitments in London.
Instead, he agreed to consult a controversial therapist known as 'Doc Hollywood' and to allow a 'sober coach' to accompany him to Britain, to stay with him constantly to try to wean him off drugs.
Before his death the family had consulted Californian drugs expert Dr Howard Samuels, known as Doc Hollywood, to try to 'save Michael from himself' because they knew he would refuse to go into rehab.
The family discussed all options with Dr Samuels and it was agreed that Jackson would detox at home under medical supervision and then be provided with the 'sober coach', who would remain with him for the duration of his 50 London concerts.
'Michael was adamant he did not have a drug problem and was not going to rehab. But in the end he relented to his family's wishes and agreed to having a sober companion,' said a source.
A typically Hollywood invention, a 'sober coach' is a trained professional who accompanies a patient full-time to ensure they stay off drugs. They administer random drug tests and liaise with psychiatrists and other doctors to keep the patient sober.
A source said: 'No one in the family had realised how serious Michael's problems were until Randy, his youngest brother, started staying over at Michael's house. He quickly realised that the situation was grave and that Michael needed urgent medical help or he might die.'
Dr Samuels is executive director of the Wonderland Centre, a £35,000-a-month private drugs and alcohol rehab facility based in the Hollywood Hills which has previously treated Lindsay Lohan and Mike Tyson.
Dr Samuels is said to be a favourite of the stars because of his unconventional treatment methods.
The source said: 'The Jackson family were recommended to call Wonderland as Dr Samuels is very experienced at dealing with high-profile celebrities.
Enlarge    Time Magazine's special commemorative issue, out on Monday
'Many celebrities do not want to go into a conventional treatment centre because it takes them away from their professional commitments, causes negative Press and means they have to mix with ordinary junkies and, of course, they don't like to think of themselves in that way.
'Initially the family were so worried that they wanted to get a psychiatrist to go to Michael's house to perform a psychiatric evaluation to force him to go to rehab.'
Under California law, a person can be forcibly admitted to a drug detox facility if two independent psychiatrists evaluate him and convince a judge that he is a danger to himself or others.
The source said: 'It is an extremely difficult and lengthy process. When this was explained to the family, it was clearly not an option for Michael.
'Randy said they needed to save Michael from himself.His drug use was so severe, yet Michael was in total denial about how bad it was.
'He was having injections of the painkiller Demerol first thing in the morning and last thing at night, along with a host of other powerful drugs. He was refusing to eat and was popping pills constantly.
'The treatment was due to start this weekend. When someone is in as bad a state of dependence as Michael was you cannot detox them suddenly.
'The plan was to gradually start weaning him off the drugs this coming week. He would have had a team of doctors and nurses on call to deal with withdrawal symptoms. That was the plan.'
Last night a spokesman for Dr Samuels refused to comment on Michael Jackson, citing doctor-patient confidentiality.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WOW !!!  Great find !!  I wish he would have listened !
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sangre

Quote from: "2good2btrue"
The plan - which would have involved psychiatrists trying to convince a judge he was a danger to himself and others - was abandoned only because of Jackson's resistance, and the overwhelming pressure to fulfil his concert commitments in London.

This part sounds reasonable. The only way to save MJ would be to cancel TII concerts, which was unthinkable, so they had no other choice than to fake Michael's death. However, as the article stated MJ was resistant and possibly in denial, so it would mean MJ personally is not as much in control as we first thought he would be. I dunno... :?

I'm very skeptic, but the fact the doctor refused to speak makes sense, if it was true. I mean, even the coroner speaks to fans - it doesn't sound really professional, does it? Is Daily Mail a reliable source?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"No one should judge what I\'ve done with my life. Not unless they\'ve been in my shoes every horrible day and every sleepless night." ~ Michael J. (1995)

2good2btrueTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
"a spokesman for Dr Samuels refused to comment on Michael Jackson, citing doctor-patient confidentiality."

This is actually why I believe it......Doctors are sworn to patient confidentiality.....

unlike Dr Arnold Klein
. ;)  ;)

Something to ponder on...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sangre

"a spokesman for Dr Samuels refused to comment on Michael Jackson, citing doctor-patient confidentiality."

This is actually why I believe it......Doctors are sworn to patient confidentiality.....

unlike Dr Arnold Klein
. ;)  ;)

This is what got me too.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"No one should judge what I\'ve done with my life. Not unless they\'ve been in my shoes every horrible day and every sleepless night." ~ Michael J. (1995)

2good2btrueTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
And guess what?  Someone from TMZ?  has a spy in the Wonderland Rehab. Centre.. ;)

February 07, 2007
Gossip reporter works for Wonderland rehab center.  TMZ.com has one of the most surprising and intriguing reports.
There have been lots of leaks out of Wonderland.  From Mike Tyson's sincerity and commitment to rehabilitation, to Lindsay Lohan's sense of entitlement.  Where does this info come from?  Do the gossip magazines plant moles among the patients?  You know, cough up the dough and send in a spy who can bake a drug habit to hang with the other rehabbers....Or maybe, there's another source for all this juicy information.

The New York Daily News reports today that the media rep for Wonderland is also a gossip reporter who works for Liz Smith and who has written for magazines like People and L.A. Confidential!  Is she the source?  Sure hope not.  Does this smack of a conflict of interest?  Absolutely.  

In light of all the information that's been flowing out of the facility, Wonderland's management may want to rethink their media practices.  Surely patient
confidentiality is critical?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ah lord...I don't believe it...Michael doesn't look like a drug-addict in TII.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

It's funny how they mention the Demerol, yet it wasn't in his system according to the AR if I remember correctly (been a while since I read the report). Of course that doesn't he mean he wasn't addicted to it but it seems strange that he wouldn't have had any that night after a long day of rehearsals...

Otherwise I believe this story might have been a possible scenario (sadly enough  :cry: ). May I also add that you can't always tell by looking at a person if they're an addict or not. Michael looked very skinny in TII and weightloss is a common effect of many drugs but then again, he's always been slim. All I want is the truth but I feel like I'm walking around in circles all the time  :( .
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

This article is strange and seems to be missing vital facts. First of, if Michael was so dependant on having Demerol shots how come none was found in his system? Neither did they found any Demerol in his house. According to the autopsy report Michael was not a drug addict.
"popping pills"`? No he didn’t pop his pills, he didn’t even take the medication as advised and skipped many days taking them.
It's ironic that Joe Jackson was not aware of Conrad Murray or his son’s reportedly deadly addiction to drugs, but still the rest of the family knew...I smell BS
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
All he wanted was the mountain high
Beyond these boundaries,he wanted to fly
In nature\'s scheme,never to die
– MJ

Glinda

And guess what?  Someone from TMZ?  has a spy in the Wonderland Rehab. Centre.. ;)

February 07, 2007
Gossip reporter works for Wonderland rehab center.  TMZ.com has one of the most surprising and intriguing reports.
There have been lots of leaks out of Wonderland.  From Mike Tyson's sincerity and commitment to rehabilitation, to Lindsay Lohan's sense of entitlement.  Where does this info come from?  Do the gossip magazines plant moles among the patients?  You know, cough up the dough and send in a spy who can bake a drug habit to hang with the other rehabbers....Or maybe, there's another source for all this juicy information.

The New York Daily News reports today that the media rep for Wonderland is also a gossip reporter who works for Liz Smith and who has written for magazines like People and L.A. Confidential!  Is she the source?  Sure hope not.  Does this smack of a conflict of interest?  Absolutely.  

In light of all the information that's been flowing out of the facility, Wonderland's management may want to rethink their media practices.  Surely patient
confidentiality is critical?

This can also be bs..
You can call TMZ with a tip, they even have a hotline so they don't need a "insider at the rehab"
They only need someone at the rehab to confirm.
And that could be anyone, its enough for a tabloid when they hear from the rehab " No Comment"
And voila, a rumour is born!

Who is that gossip reporter? They dont give a name.
They don't run background checks in the USA when you apply for a job? :mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

This story of addiction, not a person that their food is very healthy, does not smoke, drink alcohol, professional dancer since she was a child, can not die of a heart attack suddenly, this story of addiction was created. And the family, they said they had no contact with Michael that their security would not allow?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "Sangre"

unlike Dr Arnold Klein
. ;)  ;)

This is what got me too.

I don't think this statement is odd if the doctor is ethically sound. Patient confidentiality doesn't start at the time of treatment. It actually should apply even if the family called the office inquiring about treatment. That, too, should fall under confidentiality.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

Quote from: "paula-c"
This story of addiction, not a person that their food is very healthy, does not smoke, drink alcohol, professional dancer since she was a child, can not die of a heart attack suddenly, this story of addiction was created. And the family, they said they had no contact with Michael that their security would not allow?

He did drink alcohol..   he did eat junk food occasionally..   we dont know if he smoked or not....    lots of people die of sudden heart attacks, even elite athletes do..  but the cause of MJs death isnt listed as heart attack..  dont get confused with cardiac arrest which simply means his heart stopped beating because his breathing had stopped as a result of the Propofol injection.

PEACE x
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

2good2btrueTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
People can function quite normally when they are on pain meds.....all it does it make you feel very relaxed and sometimes a little groggy...that's all.  The dose has to be very high to put you to sleep, or to act sleepy.  We never saw him sleeping on the job, but we did see him not as alert as normal.......after a period of time, the addict becomes immuned and needs more.  If he has regular pain, then he would need to use pain meds for this reason, and could still function quite normally.  

The reason I know this is because I am a former pain med. addict, and a sober alcoholic.!!

And please don't think I am starting a debate about this...as this has been argued before.  Lets just agree that we will never agree...I'm trying to make you see this from my point of view.  It doesn't make him any less of a person if God forbid he was addicted.  Addicts will always say they have a medical condition that need pain relief and will Dr. shop if necessary......
The main clue here was the rehab was called "Wonderland".  Peace and Love
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "Sangre"

unlike Dr Arnold Klein
. ;)  ;)

This is what got me too.

I agree totally! What a very interesting article.  God bless everyone here on the forum.  Thank you just for being here, and for your constant love for MJ!

Blessing to all! xxx
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love who\'d think I\'d find
Someone like you to call mine

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
------Michael Jackson

Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. --Oscar Wilde

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal