mykidsmum

Re: Against animal cruelty and violence
August 09, 2010, 10:41:22 PM
Hi guys, PETA got back in touch with me and this is what they emailed me:
Dear -------,

Thank you for contacting PETA. We share your concern about disturbing Web sites, e-mails, and postings, and your message has been passed along to the appropriate staff members here for review. The good news is that this Facebook page has been removed due to an overwhelming number of complaints.

For actions that you can take in response to Web sites that depict cruelty to animals and to learn more about what PETA is doing about this issue, please see You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. To learn about other ways that you can help animals, please visit PETA’s Web site You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

Thanks again for bringing this issue to our attention and for everything that you do to help animals!

Sincerely,

The PETA Staff

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Now, I'd like to say my bit.  I understand that we all want to do what is right.  At what cost?  I was one of the "lucky" ones who clicked on that link and what I saw has been all I can think of for the past two days.  I am terribly terribly disturbed and there was no need for me to see that.  I have children who I need to be here for and I can't do that when I am away in my mind thinking of what I saw.  I imagine most people here are sensitive people, we all like a sensitive man, Michael Jackson and we need to protect eachother..  I'm not blaming anyone but I hope that something like this won't happen again.  First, this is not the topic of this forum, second, one person could have reported the problem on their own without the need of getting any one else involved by posting a link with very disturbing material.  Don't you see, that is the agenda of these people, they want you to pass on their crap for everyone to see.  Please, lets keep this forum to topics about MJ and if anyone needs help in the future, post a very very detailed warning about the link, or just forget the link all together.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

August 10, 2010, 01:55:36 AM
Quote from: "Cameron"
Quote from: "suomursu"
I didn't see the page but apparently you're promoting animal rights. You guys saw something shocking and thought it was WRONG. I just have to ask ... how many of you worried about this subject, eats meat and uses animal-tested cosmetics, for example. I'm not judging anyone but I'm giving something to think about. L.O.V.E.

Eat meat it's not the same thing that torture an animal, most of the time domestic, for nothing, just for pleasure.
I admeet that the animal we kill for the meat are not necessary killed cleany, but it's certainly not as long as the torture on those dogs.

And I'm a man I don't use cosmetics  :)

Surely you wash yourself with some kind of soap and brush your teeth etc.? To me those are cosmetics.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Sunflower shower for Mr Jackson
--

HazzelyTopic starter

August 10, 2010, 08:35:46 AM
What do u expect? It says right from the title "against animal cruelty and violence" and in the message i sent it said "OMG HORRIBLE" .. and so did the tweet of TITOholics.. did you expect a garden filled with roses? It is ur own decision whether you click it or not
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
May your spirit keep the freedom of a butterfly in spring and your heart be filled always with the joys of simple things. May your essence claim the freshness of the new laid morning dew. All of this...and more...
Forever, http]

HazzelyTopic starter

August 10, 2010, 08:44:33 AM
I checked the cache version of a site since everything was deleted and I found some people who said it was old news and that authorities took care of them already and seems they're in jail. So if that's true then I'm glad the page is down now.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
May your spirit keep the freedom of a butterfly in spring and your heart be filled always with the joys of simple things. May your essence claim the freshness of the new laid morning dew. All of this...and more...
Forever, http]

mykidsmum

August 11, 2010, 08:41:01 AM
something to cheer everyone up...this is so cute!
[youtube:10maoydy]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK9Xj7eY0UU&feature=player_embedded[/youtube:10maoydy]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

August 11, 2010, 06:12:08 PM
I didn't see the page but apparently you're promoting animal rights. You guys saw something shocking and thought it was WRONG. I just have to ask ... how many of you worried about this subject, eats meat and uses animal-tested cosmetics, for example. I'm not judging anyone but I'm giving something to think about. L.O.V.E.

Eat meat it's not the same thing that torture an animal, most of the time domestic, for nothing, just for pleasure.
I admeet that the animal we kill for the meat are not necessary killed cleany, but it's certainly not as long as the torture on those dogs.

Surely you wash yourself with some kind of soap and brush your teeth etc.? To me those are cosmetics.

I don't wash myself, and I don't brush my teeth.

:lol: Joke.

Ok, but this is normal that cosmetics are tested on animals before on humans.
And I have to tell you that some cosmetics are really bad for the health in long term.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
" I'm going to shock the world, just watch. "

mykidsmum

August 11, 2010, 06:39:33 PM
even if you use a product who's company doesn't test on animals, the ingredients have been at one time or another.  If not by the company who you purchase from, then from other places, distributers or other companies and labratories.  There is a difference between HUMANE and INHUMANE.  For instance, I am a meat eater but I choose to buy my meat from local farms where the raising and slaughter is humane with the least suffering as possible.  My toothpaste and bath products are all vegetable based always and organic if I can manage that, but overall as chem free as possible.  Knowing how your meat got to your plate is a big step in supporting HUMANE treatment of animals.  Think about that before you buy your burger from walmart because your purchase is a vote...if you buy inhumane meat you vote for inhumane treatment.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

August 12, 2010, 01:36:52 PM
Ok, I agree, you're right.
But the entire population of a country can't buy meat in farms, there would be scarceness.
It's to avoid scarceness that we invented the production of mass and all terror which go with...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
" I'm going to shock the world, just watch. "

August 14, 2010, 08:32:39 AM

I don't wash myself, and I don't brush my teeth.

:lol: Joke.

Ok, but this is normal that cosmetics are tested on animals before on humans.
And I have to tell you that some cosmetics are really bad for the health in long term.

I wouldn't say it's normal just because "everyone does it and has always done it". There are alternatives. I know cosmetics may not be good for you and that's why I choose them carefully. For instance I usually don't put on my skin anything that I couldn't eat. So I wash my face with canola oil and salt, teeth with baking soda etc. If I need to use make-up I only wear pure minerals that are cruelty free.

I'm definitely not saying that everyone should stop using cosmetics and eating meat but people really should start thinking about the effects of their daily consuming and start questioning if the way their food and stuff are produced is the best way (mykidsmum has good thoughts to my mind). I think ignorance and thoughtlessness are the problem.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Sunflower shower for Mr Jackson
--

August 14, 2010, 03:50:52 PM
I absolutely agree with you.
In the nature, there are so many things that we could use instead of chemicals elements... But the industrials societies prefer use chemicals because it's less expensive than biologic stuff.

But I think, with the time, we will use more natural and biologic stuff. For our cars, our wash up and make up, to make alloys of plastic...  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions