*Mo*

The artist formerly known as Michael Jackson
August 05, 2010, 09:10:23 AM
Jacko Unmasked
10/23/2008 2:30 PM PDT by TMZ Staff  

While most people put on masks this time of the year, the artist formerly known as Michael Jackson decided to take his off. Trick or treat?

Play: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

"the artist formerly known as Michael Jackson"
 :lol:
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tmz is really low class, nasty tabloid junk.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
All he wanted was the mountain high
Beyond these boundaries,he wanted to fly
In nature\'s scheme,never to die
– MJ

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

mjkate

look at the fourth paragraph down....about the mask. Not sure that he is wearing a mask here but I think that many appearances where he doesn't need to speak he is wearing a mask compete with hair. It would be perfect...just an exact replica of ears hair, nose etc. Even he could wear it himself on a bad hair day or lend it out to doubles.

My moment with Michael Jackson
Ex-wife of superstar's brother brought me into family's world
By Tony Castro, Staff Writer
Posted: 06/30/2009 11:43:51 AM PDT
Updated: 06/30/2009 11:49:38 AM PDT

Almost two decades ago, an actress friend and I posed as a grieving couple at a grave site at Forest Lawn Memorial-Park in Glendale.
I was being wooed to write an unauthorized biography about the world's most mysterious man since Howard Hughes, and I had insisted on at least getting a glimpse of the subject, if even from a distance, before I signed on.

As it turned out, I would have a face-to-face encounter with Michael Jackson himself, if only for a fleeting moment.

He was among the Jacksons getting out of a nearby limousine to attend his grandmother's burial, and his path to her grave site took him past us. When he was inches away, he slowed almost to a stop for a split-second and looked at us.

My friend, a striking blonde from a popular TV show, could have that affect on people, which is why I asked her to join me. Michael was dressed all in black, sporting a black fedora, and his trademark black curls dangled over his forehead. He wasn't wearing the surgical mask that had become a part of his wardrobe, and for an instant our faces couldn't have been more than a foot apart.

The man looked like an alien. The skin was pasty. His eyes were lifeless. The famous nose job and jaw implant looked ruddy and rubbery. The only sign of color was the pinkish gloss on his lips. I half wondered if he wasn't wearing a mask.

He walked on to his grandmother's grave, and I momentarily made eye contact with the person in their mourning party who had tipped me off that Michael would be there - the person who wanted me to co-author the biography of Michael with her.

Enid Jackson, the estranged wife of Michael's older brother Jackie, nodded to me, and I acknowledged her.

This was how I had finally agreed to write "Michael: From Motown to the Moon," a 100,000-word book that was soon commissioned by William Morrow & Co. for a six-figure advance.

The book was never published for legal reasons and Enid died in 1997.

This set off 18 months of lengthy tape-recorded interview sessions with Enid and an array of Jackson family friends, disgruntled employees, former employees, lovers and ex-lovers.
As they say, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, and Enid was that woman.

She had met Jackie in 1969 shortly after the Jacksons relocated to California from Gary, Ind. Enid Spann was then a student at Beverly Hills High School when she all but began living with Jackie at the home on Hayvenhurst Avenue in Encino, where she was practically another of Michael's older sisters.

Enid and Jackie married in 1974, a union that would fall apart in the late 1980s with Enid accusing Jackie of marital infidelity.

"I guess I could put up with that," she said to me in one interview. "But when it came to cutting me out of the money, that's where I get nasty."

By the time she approached me about the book in 1989, Enid already had a William Morris literary agent and a lot of potential interviews lined up.

I signed on board and into the bizarre world of celebrity biography.

I had actually met Michael in the early stages of his superstardom. In 1983, I had attended the taping of the Motown 25th anniversary show, and in the early hours of the following morning, after an exhausting marathon taping, Michael and his brothers wandered to an after-hours private party across the street from the Pasadena Civic Auditorium.

Michael had stolen the show, debuting his Moonwalk dance in the middle of performing "Billie Jean" from the "Thriller" album. He was ecstatic, too, thanking people who encircled their area for their compliments in that falsetto voice that became so familiar.

His nose was noticeably thinner than from the cover photo on his previous "Off the Wall" album, but I think none of us who were still there - from then-Los Angeles Mayor Tom Bradley to Playboy publisher Hugh Hefner - could have imagined what was to come.

From the family's Encino compound, Enid sneaked out years of home movies, videos and photographs of the Jacksons that documented the transformation. The Jacksons at Disneyland after-hours, the family at get-togethers, Michael and his brothers horsing around at home. They were from the early 1970s, when Enid went to live with the Jacksons, to 1990 and showed the pop icon from pre-teens to adulthood in his early 30s.

"It's as if Michael was black one day and white the next," Enid said. "He had the face that God gave him and traded that in for one that his doctors created."

That was why I wanted to see Michael at that stage when I told Enid I couldn't work on the book without seeing the metamorphosis for myself. "I guess when you see him every day or almost every day, it doesn't seem like he's changed that much," Enid said. "He's Michael."

Still, what Enid provided was just too good to be true. Handwritten notes from Princess Di to Michael on her personal stationery. Thank-you cards from Elizabeth Taylor. Private photographs of Michael with directors Steven Spielberg and John Landis and of Michael with one of his plastic surgeons, Dr. Steven Hoefflin.

Then there were the few real jewels. Sources like Chico Ross, Diana Ross' baby brother who had befriended the young Michael in 1969 when the Jacksons moved to California. Michael stayed at Diana's house for months, and he became the little brother Chico hadn't had.

Chico later spent much of his time at the Jackson's new house in Encino where he occasionally jammed with the family. He later played drums briefly with Kerry Gordy, the son of Motown founder Berry Gordy, in a band called Kryptonite, and dabbled as a Hollywood club promoter.

Chico's recollections of Michael in his young and middle teenage years were priceless, and his anecdotes painted a youngster who, for a short period of life, enjoyed the closest he would ever experience to a normal existence.

"Michael never had a real childhood," Chico said in an interview. "It was stolen from him so that there could be the Jackson 5 and later the Jacksons."

About this time, lawyers for the Gordys, the Rosses and the Jacksons had started a legal war against other recent biographies about Diana and Michael. One publisher was forced into a big settlement. Another biographer went bankrupt.

William Morrow & Co., my publisher, simply decided it wanted no part of it, ate the loss on my advance and never published "Michael: From Motown to the Moon."

In December of 1997, I got a telephone call from Enid, wishing me a happy birthday and apologizing for using me to get back in the good graces of the Jacksons.

"I've got even more and better material for another book that I want to give you to make it all up," she said to me. "It's a book and a film deal. "I'll treat you to lunch at The Ivy after the holidays and tell you all about it."

On Dec. 20, 1997, Enid died of a brain aneurysm in a movie theater bathroom.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

like we needed this possibility to add to the list. i don't know why we aren't all plagued by nightmares by now  :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

He looked like a what?!  :x
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

*Mo*

I'm sorry, but I only posted this article to point out the line:

the artist formerly known as Michael Jackson

That is what I was pointing out to, nothing more and nothing less, and that is why I posted this article in the "Michael Joe Jackson ~ Michael Joseph Jackson" category.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

He's so beautiful in that video, can't take my eyes off him. But what a junky store, and someone's annoying laughter.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mumof3

Trick or Treat stood out to me

Halloween night fright night
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

He looks so adorable in that video. But gosh, imagine having people watch your every move, he did look a bit uncomfortable  :( .
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Formerly known as Michael Jackson? What should that mean?

Yeah, he looks so cute in this video  :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are the sun in my day, the wind in my sky, the waves in my ocean & the beat in my heart... Thinking of you!

*Mo*

Quote from: "Butterfly J"

On June 7, 1993 Prince changed his name to the unpronounceable symbol O(+>. He did that because he considered his record contract with Warner Bros. Records oppressive.  During that period he used the symbol he was frequently referred to in the media as "The Artist Formerly Known as Prince".

On May 16, 2000, Prince ceased using the Love Symbol moniker and returned to using "Prince" again, after his publishing contract with Warner/Chappell expired. In a press conference, he stated that, after being freed from undesirable relationships associated with the name "Prince", he would formally revert to using his real name. Prince still frequently uses the symbol as a logo and on album artwork and continues to play a Love Symbol-shaped guitar.

And here we are with Michael JOE Jackson and Michael JOSEPH Jackson...and I'm one of the people who thinks Mike changed his name...  That is why the line "the artist formerly known as Michael Jackson" stood out to me in this article.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Loes

Indeed strange ...  ;)

I also read the comments under the video en they made me so angry ...  :evil:

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

Quote from: "MJonmind"
He's so beautiful in that video, can't take my eyes off him. But what a junky store, and someone's annoying laughter.
wondered if i was alone in noticing that.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

Quote from: "*Mo*"
Quote from: "Butterfly J"

On June 7, 1993 Prince changed his name to the unpronounceable symbol O(+>. He did that because he considered his record contract with Warner Bros. Records oppressive.  During that period he used the symbol he was frequently referred to in the media as "The Artist Formerly Known as Prince".

On May 16, 2000, Prince ceased using the Love Symbol moniker and returned to using "Prince" again, after his publishing contract with Warner/Chappell expired. In a press conference, he stated that, after being freed from undesirable relationships associated with the name "Prince", he would formally revert to using his real name. Prince still frequently uses the symbol as a logo and on album artwork and continues to play a Love Symbol-shaped guitar.

And here we are with Michael JOE Jackson and Michael JOSEPH Jackson...and I'm one of the people who thinks Mike changed his name...  That is why the line "the artist formerly known as Michael Jackson" stood out to me in this article.

Thanks Mo for explaining. I see.
Hmm, I did´t knew that he was referred in the media as "The Artist Formerly Known as Prince".
Yes, that could mean Michael changed his artist name.
Other hands all the documentation we´ve seen in past year (the last will, death certificate, autopsy report...) had nothing to do with entertainment, so it could be that TMZ just is messing around with us.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are the sun in my day, the wind in my sky, the waves in my ocean & the beat in my heart... Thinking of you!

MashMike

:twisted:  TMZ is a real crap,how mean people can be!the comments suck, i left a very angry comment for the haters there, i hope they will enjoy it :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
NO BROKEN BRIDGES CAN TURN US AROUND,CAUSE WHAT WE\'RE SEARCHING FOR, WILL SOON BE FOUND,CAUSE WE\'RE ALMOST THERE, JUST ONE MORE STEP,JUST ONE MORE STEP,DON\'T GIVE UP CAUSE WE\'RE ALMOST THERE

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal