superflysister81

Will against new Jackson album
August 03, 2010, 10:12:13 AM
(UKPA) – 35 minutes ago

Will.i.am thinks a new Michael Jackson album featuring unreleased material from the late King of Pop is a bad idea, and that Jacko himself would have been against it.
The Black Eyed Peas frontman, who worked with Jackson in the past, is vehemently opposed to the album, which is expected by the end of the year, and will be culled from unreleased material in the Thriller star's vaults.
"I don't think that should ever come out. That's bad," Will said. "He was a perfectionist and he wouldn't have wanted it that way. How you gonna release Michael Jackson when Michael Jackson ain't here to bless it?"
Will.i.am collaborated with Jackson on the re-release of Thriller in 2008, with remixed versions of some of the album's classic songs. He said Jackson was very particular about all aspects of his musical productions, from his vocals to arrangements to instrumentation.
"Now that he is not part of the process, what are they doing? Why would you put a record out like that? Because he was a friend of mine, I just think that's disrespectful," he said. "What's wrong with what he already contributed to the world?"
The Jackson estate did not respond to a request for comment.
When asked about the high demand for any new Jackson music, Will replied: "So what? You don't disrespect someone when they're gone ... How much can you suck from his energy? ... Freaking parasites!"
Not much is known about what will be on the album, but Michael's brother Jackie has said he and brother Marlon are working on the record with John McClain, Jackson's former manager and executor of his estate.

Copyright © 2010 The Press Association. All rights reserved.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Hazzely

Will.i.am doesn't support new Michael Jackson album, says 'parasites' are behind it
Published: Tuesday, August 03, 2010, 10:07 AM     Updated: Tuesday, August 03, 2010, 10:10 AM

NEW YORK (AP) — A new Michael Jackson album is expected by the end of the year, culled from unreleased material in his vaults. But Jackson collaborator and Black Eyed Peas frontman will.i.am is vehemently opposed to the idea.

“I don’t think that should ever come out. That’s bad,” he said. “He was a perfectionist and he wouldn’t have wanted it that way. How you gonna release Michael Jackson when Michael Jackson ain’t here to bless it?”
    Will.i.am collaborated with Jackson on the rerelease of “Thriller” in 2008 with remixed versions of some of the album’s classic songs. He said Jackson was very particular about all aspects of his musical productions, from his vocals to arrangements to instrumentation.
    “Now that he is not part of the process, what are they doing? Why would you put a record out like that? Because he was a friend of mine, I just think that’s disrespectful,” he said. “What’s wrong with what he already contributed to the world?”

When asked about the high demand for any new Jackson music, will.i.am replied: “So what? You don’t disrespect someone when they’re gone. ... How much can you suck from his energy? ... Freaking parasites!”
    Not much is known about what will be on the album, but Michael’s brother Jackie has said he and brother Marlon were working on the record with John McClain, Jackson’s former manager and executor of his estate.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
May your spirit keep the freedom of a butterfly in spring and your heart be filled always with the joys of simple things. May your essence claim the freshness of the new laid morning dew. All of this...and more...
Forever, http]

Double post: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

superflysister81

Hazzley, I merged the topics to avoid a double thread...So now we have 2 different articles on Will I am, ok? ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Hazzely

Quote from: "superflysister81"
Hazzley, I merged the topics to avoid a double thread...So now we have 2 different articles on Will I am, ok? ;)

Oh ok
That's fine with me =)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
May your spirit keep the freedom of a butterfly in spring and your heart be filled always with the joys of simple things. May your essence claim the freshness of the new laid morning dew. All of this...and more...
Forever, http]

~Souza~

"He was a perfectionist and he wouldn't have wanted it that way. How you gonna release Michael Jackson when Michael Jackson ain't here to bless it?"

LOL, yes how do you do that?  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Well, maybe it's not good  of me but I 'm eager to get this new album. I want to listen to new Michael's music.  I know Michael is a perfectionist and that's why I don't think the estate will choose  the unfinished stuff for the  new album.

Maybe Will. I. Am simply knows Michael's new music is perfect and will have a great success and he simply  envies Michael. Just a thought.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
DON\'T WALK AWAY

hope

I agree with him 100%. I said those almost exact words to a friend a couple of days ago...freaky. :shock:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Interesting. Looks like some people will buy this new album, with "previously unreleased" material. I will not. There is many "previously unreleased MJ material" on the web, and most of it is not by Michael     :o .

Insiders also said that most of Michael's own "unreleased" material is from the late 90s.
There's far too many doubles, impersonators, look-alikes, dance-alikes (and some real good ones!), sing-alikes (e.g. Malachi). And, I don't trust SONY   :twisted:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Will against new Jackson album
August 03, 2010, 11:27:42 AM
Quote from: "superflysister81"
(UKPA) – 35 minutes ago

Will.i.am thinks a new Michael Jackson album featuring unreleased material from the late King of Pop is a bad idea, and that Jacko himself would have been against it.
The Black Eyed Peas frontman, who worked with Jackson in the past, is vehemently opposed to the album, which is expected by the end of the year, and will be culled from unreleased material in the Thriller star's vaults.
"I don't think that should ever come out. That's bad," Will said. "He was a perfectionist and he wouldn't have wanted it that way. How you gonna release Michael Jackson when Michael Jackson ain't here to bless it?"
Will.i.am collaborated with Jackson on the re-release of Thriller in 2008, with remixed versions of some of the album's classic songs. He said Jackson was very particular about all aspects of his musical productions, from his vocals to arrangements to instrumentation.
"Now that he is not part of the process, what are they doing? Why would you put a record out like that? Because he was a friend of mine, I just think that's disrespectful," he said. "What's wrong with what he already contributed to the world?"
When asked about the high demand for any new Jackson music, Will replied: "So what? You don't disrespect someone when they're gone ... How much can you suck from his energy? ... Freaking parasites!"
Not much is known about what will be on the album, but Michael's brother Jackie has said he and brother Marlon are working on the record with John McClain, Jackson's former manager and executor of his estate.

Copyright © 2010 The Press Association. All rights reserved.

So, if I read this right, Will I. Am must also believe that the release of TII was a bad idea. I'm not sure what to think - he does make some good points. I don't want to be considered a parasite... :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

superflysister81

Jodi Gomes on Facebook :

Jodi Gomes : " What are your thoughts on this as an MJ Fan? Knowing what I know, MJ
wouldn't release the material because his love of the craft and EXCEEDING his fans expectations was key to his soul. HE was his music and nobody else can achieve that. But the demand for
his new music is beyond anybody's understanding and if it benefits his children, I'm for it. If it doesn't.."
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mjkate

I have been thinking about this for a while and I have come to the conclusion that I don't really want to hear new "old music". What was cut from the past albums, Michael wanted cut for a reason so I want to respect those wishes. The last thing I want for mj is for him to be judged yet again and give critics a change to say negative things. I do want to help his kids though but maybe there is already enough money flying around that they should be fine right. So no I agree with Will.i.am. And I hope he meant sony was the parasite not the fans. The fans aren't parasites just desperate to hear his voice sing again. I would love to hear the music he collaborated on lately though. Hopefully he left instructions that it was ok to release the recent albums with the collaborations with Will.i.am and Akon and whoever else.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

hope

Michael was/is a perfectionist and perfected his music and albums himself before releasing them. To have someone, other than Michael himself, release any of his music without he himself okaying it, does not sit well with me. I would always wonder if he is ok with me listening to it. I feel that way everytime I hear TII. As anxious as I am to hear any new MJ music, I DO NOT feel comfortable with sony, McClane, Jackie and Marlon putting it out there. If Michael cannot release his own music, then nobody should. I would feel better waiting a few years and letting his children release it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Looks like Will I Am isn't in the loop. Unless theres a hidden messages to this that will be more obvious as time goes on.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

He makes some good points....Of course the fans want it, they want anything with MJ's name on it and the "parasites" are more than happy to provide it  :evil:
But didn't LaToya take some songs from his house the day after he died? Did she do it so she could release them now? I sure hope this is a hoax and it's all in Mj's plan ..otherwise...it's just all too sick. I feel sorry for those kids, if he's really gone.
I'm still optimistic though...maybe Will I am will end up supporting it, which would mean another "point" for the hoax  ;)  We'll see.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions