mjkateTopic starter

akon said mj would perform but not likely sing
August 02, 2010, 03:47:58 PM
Michael Jackson Won’t Sing Live, Akon Reveals
But he’ll definitely “perform” during “This Is It”

By Elena Gorgan, Life & Style Editor
1st of June 2009, 13:47 GMT
Adjust text size:  

As thousands of fans around the world are still in shock over the postponement of the first dates of the “This Is It” series of live performances, Akon is casting more doubt as to Michael Jackson’s ability to make it through 50 dates. According to the R&B star, the King of Pop will certainly not be singing live this summer at London’s O2 Arena, as a WENN piece reveals, as quoted by HollywoodRag.

Fans looking forward to Michael exercising his unique voice might have to put their expectations on hold since chances of him actually singing live are close to none, Akon thinks. Still, the singer believes, that is not to say those who’ve bought tickets for the concert will be completely disappointed, since Michael will most certainly put on quite a show – the kind worthy of the one who has been dubbed the King of Pop and who still holds to this title after so many years in the industry.

“Michael singing I’m not so sure about. He will perform but not sing.” Akon reportedly said in a recent interview. Nevertheless, “it’s going to be amazing, I can definitely tell you that. I’m going to have front row tickets. I will have the best tickets in the house and will be so close to the stage you will think that I am on it.” Since this is not some unnamed “spy” dishing inexistent or improbable details to the media, but someone as famous as Akon (who even worked with Jackson in the past), it’s likely what he says is true, several US media outlets are pointing out.

Still, if this proves to be accurate, then it will surely upset fans a bit more. After all, it is being said, they have been promised the most explosive, unbelievably wonderful musical performance ever known to mankind and they rushed to buy the tickets for all 50 dates in just a couple of hours. Now that everything seems to point to this being not quite as organizers AEG Live described it, some angry voices are likely to be heard in the following weeks, word in the industry has it.

As fans must already know, the first dates for Michael Jackson’s “This Is It” have been pushed back on account of a scheduling conflict that did not allow the star to rehearse properly for the opening nights. The initial July 8 show will take place on July 13, and the following dates have been rescheduled as follows: July 10 for March 1, 2010; July 12 for March 3; and July 14 for March 6.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

then why did he sing in rehersals if he wasnt going to sing during the live shows ??
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

[size=150]All the truth in the world adds up to one big lie.
-Bob Dylan[/size]

suspicious mind

Quote from: "mjkate"

Adjust text size:  

As thousands of fans around the world are still in shock over the postponement of the first dates of the “This Is It” series of live performances, Akon is casting more doubt as to Michael Jackson’s ability to make it through 50 dates. According to the R&B star, the King of Pop will certainly not be singing live this summer at London’s O2 Arena, as a WENN piece reveals, as quoted by HollywoodRag.

Fans looking forward to Michael exercising his unique voice might have to put their expectations on hold since chances of him actually singing live are close to none, Akon thinks. Still, the singer believes, that is not to say those who’ve bought tickets for the concert will be completely disappointed, since Michael will most certainly put on quite a show – the kind worthy of the one who has been dubbed the King of Pop and who still holds to this title after so many years in the industry.

“Michael singing I’m not so sure about. He will perbut not sing.” form Akon reportedly said in a recent interview. Nevertheless, “it’s going to be amazing, I can definitely tell you that. I’m going to have front row tickets. I will have the best tickets in the house and will be so close to the stage you will think that I am on it.” Since this is not some unnamed “spy” dishing inexistent or improbable details to the media, but someone as famous as Akon (who even worked with Jackson in the past), it’s likely what he says is true, several US media outlets are pointing out.

Still, if this proves to be accurate, then it will surely upset fans a bit more. After all, it is being said, they have been promised the most explosive, unbelievably wonderful musical performance ever known to mankind and they rushed to buy the tickets for all 50 dates in just a couple of hours. Now that everything seems to point to this being not quite as organizers AEG Live described it, some angry voices are likely to be heard in the following weeks, word in the industry has it.

As fans must already know, the first dates for Michael Jackson’s “This Is It” have been pushed back on account of a scheduling conflict that did not allow the star to rehearse properly for the opening nights. The initial July 8 show will take place on July 13, and the following dates have been rescheduled as follows: July 10 for March 1, 2010; July 12 for March 3; and July 14 for March 6.
because the concerts aren't the show the hoax is
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

Quote from: "suspicious mind"
Quote from: "mjkate"

Adjust text size:  

If he wasn't going to sing live at the show then why did he sing live during This Is It?

because the concerts aren't the show the hoax is

I completely agree!   :mrgreen:   Oh what a circus! Oh what a show!  This Is It was always going to be a movie.  The US Copyright Database proves it beyond a shadow of a doubt!  Bring on the magic, baby!  Can't wait for Cirque du Soleil!  

We love you, Michael! And YES, we will be there!   :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Quote from: "awesome1"
then why did he sing in rehersals if he wasnt going to sing during the live shows ??

Exactly. Michael did lip sync some in TII but he sang live for the majority of it and his voice is great so I see no reason why he wouldn't have sang live in the actual concerts? Even though I believe that TII was meant to be a movie but for those who think it was meant to be a tour (like Akon) I don't know why they would think he would not sing live?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

In My Heart; I Feel You Are All My Brothers...[/b]

I don't think he would have hired  a vocal coach If he was not about to sing... What could make the above article credible is that he might not sing all of the parts of some of his songs which demand intense dancing (smooth criminal, TDCAU)... ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

hope

Why wouldnt he have sang? As far as I know, there was nothing wrong with him that he couldnt have.  :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MashMike

i also don't understand why Akon said that, in TII we clearly see that Michael sings live and his voice is as powerful and strong as it was in Bad, Dangerous and History,i should say for me it was even better , if MJ was not going to sing live during the tour i highly doubt that he would sing live during the rehearsals, i just recall the scene from TII when he was singing "i just cant stop loving you"(his voice was just awesome) and at the end he asked the crew why were they provoking him to sing live, he should save his voice for the concerts, so this once again proves that TII was always meant to be a movie not a tour
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
NO BROKEN BRIDGES CAN TURN US AROUND,CAUSE WHAT WE\'RE SEARCHING FOR, WILL SOON BE FOUND,CAUSE WE\'RE ALMOST THERE, JUST ONE MORE STEP,JUST ONE MORE STEP,DON\'T GIVE UP CAUSE WE\'RE ALMOST THERE

Quote from: "MashMike"
i also don't understand why Akon said that, in TII we clearly see that Michael sings live and his voice is as powerful and strong as it was in Bad, Dangerous and History,i should say for me it was even better , if MJ was not going to sing live during the tour i highly doubt that he would sing live during the rehearsals, i just recall the scene from TII when he was singing "i just cant stop loving you"(his voice was just awesome) and at the end he asked the crew why were they provoking him to sing live, he should save his voice for the concerts, so this once again proves that TII was always meant to be a movie not a tour
yes!!! thats one of my favorite parts of the movie! when he goes crazy at the end of IJCSLY :D and he hits those high notes!!! omggg it was chilling. AND human nature, he sang that entire song live as well and he hit those high notes which i think sounded better than they did on the album. :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

In My Heart; I Feel You Are All My Brothers...[/b]

suspicious mind

another first : he was his own opening act ! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

Hello all. I've been reading, just not registered, for a while. Just wanted to add my 2 cents on this topic... I think it makes perfect sense! Akon is saying that Michael will "perform" (as in act in the TII movie), but he will not likely sing live - which is exactly what we're seeing now. Michael performed in the movie, but he isn't singing these scheduled concerts.

Also, note that Akon said he will have a "front row seat" and he will be so close to the stage that you'll think he's on it. Sounds like Akon is telling us that he's very close to Michael and he knows exactly what's going on. Perhaps he's even in a physical location close to Michael, who knows? But, I think Akon was spot on by telling the fans that Michael would perform but not sing... looks like Akon knew something was up and he was the first one handing out the clues...

I could be wrong (happens quite often), but that's my opinion.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "MJFan71"
Hello all. I've been reading, just not registered, for a while. Just wanted to add my 2 cents on this topic... I think it makes perfect sense! Akon is saying that Michael will "perform" (as in act in the TII movie), but he will not likely sing live - which is exactly what we're seeing now. Michael performed in the movie, but he isn't singing these scheduled concerts.

Also, note that Akon said he will have a "front row seat" and he will be so close to the stage that you'll think he's on it. Sounds like Akon is telling us that he's very close to Michael and he knows exactly what's going on. Perhaps he's even in a physical location close to Michael, who knows? But, I think Akon was spot on by telling the fans that Michael would perform but not sing... looks like Akon knew something was up and he was the first one handing out the clues...

I could be wrong (happens quite often), but that's my opinion.

Its not a bad theory.... you could be right, ive always found Akon saying some interesting things over the past year that could lead us to believe that he does know something.
Michael considered him a close friend and Akon kept the details of his outings with michael private, which is a good thing, Maybe Mike Trusted Akon to keep this secret too ...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

[size=150]All the truth in the world adds up to one big lie.
-Bob Dylan[/size]

Well Michael is a great producer as we are witnessing his film live right now lool spielberg who? Michael Jackson the king of movies loool, but lets say Michael did go on tour pretty sure he would sing because he actually can in tii human nature sounded better than the album version same thing with cant stop loving you, in tii it just kind of let everyone know that Michael just has a natural gift that no amount of training will ever get you
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions