LA DA Gives Murray The Deal Of A Lifetime
August 01, 2010, 04:23:45 AM
LA DA Gives Michael Jackson’s Killer The Deal Of A Lifetime

Los Angeles County District Attorney Steve Cooley’s decision to indict Michael Jackson’s murderer with the reduced charge of involuntary manslaughter may to some appear to be the maximum charge he could have made — this being LA and all.  Then when you listen to what Cooley’s associates have to say about the guy, you have to wonder if the DA is actually using the legal system to benefit his own political end.

Anyone who’s ever had cause to observe the over-the-top practice of LA prosecutors with respect to indicting so-called racial “minorities” will tell you that the average DA in Cooley’s office would have conducted a vigorous, even if not thorough, investigation before aggressively charging Dr Conrad Murray.

Deputy DA Steve Ipsen in a no-holds-barred video tells the Full Disclosure Network that Cooley is “very selective” and “does not prosecute all corruption.”  He does not investigate the rich and powerful because it may cost him campaign contributions.  He also fails to investigate environmental crime, and refuses to investigate child abusers “that still work in the Catholic Church.”

He says Cooley gave himself a birthday party but didn’t invite the staff from his own office.  Mainly criminal defense lawyers showed up “and each gave him 1000 dollars to his campaign.”

Albert Robles Water Replenishment Board member and candidate for LA County DA says much the same about how Cooley over politicizes the DA’s office.  He accepts money from criminal defense attorneys. Political law violators hire attorneys who are friends with Cooley and he gives them a break by “undercutting” the DA who’s handling the case, he added.

Robles says its human nature that when someone helps you out and later approaches you for a favor, you’re going to help that person, but it’s not fair to the DA who’s been working on the case.

Ispen and Robles make it appear as though the man is not above accepting “bribes,” stating that if a criminal defense attorney has a client he wants to protect, all he has to do is invite Cooley out for a drink and offer to make a contribution to his political campaign.

While Cooley’s predecessor, Gil Garcetti, was upfront regarding his draconian three-strikes sentencing policies for the pettiest of crimes, Steve Cooley prefers to keep a low profile, “you won’t find his face all over the nightly news.”

In 2000, Cooley beat DA Garcetti in their race for Los Angeles County District Attorney.  At the time, Garcetti’s disapproval rating was up around 70 percent which made him particularly vulnerable.  Even to Cooley.  It was said of Steve Cooley at the time that his greatest asset for the job of County DA was that he was the “un-Garcetti.”

As a former police-reserve officer with close law-enforcement ties, Cooley was endorsed by virtually every rank-and-file police organization in the county.  Even though his political views were the same as Garcetti, he moved to the center in order to win over liberal-hearted voters.

For the past 10 years, Steve Cooley has been the DA of LA County but is now seeking the office of state attorney general.  While I’m sure the contributions from Cooley’s lawyer friends were much appreciated, and should aid him in his endeavor to become the next top DA in California.  However what the lawyers donated is nothing compared to the contributions of corporate donors who usually do the heavy lifting in major political campaigns.

The corporate donors I refer to here are Sony Music Publishers, AEG Live, and John Branca’s law firm all whom are major political donors and share an association with the doctor, Michael Jackson’s killer.

Because of Cooley’s track record of not vigorously pursuing certain crimes, there is little doubt that the AEG Live donation, recently reported in the press, may have had something to with Murray receiving what amounts to the deal of a lifetime.

Article source:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Even after all this time
The sun never says to the earth,
"You owe Me."

Look what happens with
A love like that,
It lights the Whole Sky.

Re: LA DA Gives Murray The Deal Of A Lifetime
August 01, 2010, 04:43:30 AM
Wonderful,just friggen wonderful...NOT!!!
This is just one of the many reasons why I am ashamed to call myself an american at times.People like this need to be tossed out like the trash that they have made themselves become because of greed and the almighty dollar,what a pathetic shame.No wonder Michael and many others like him have 'died' or dropped off the face of this earth.There needs to be justice and I mean honest justice and after reading that post I don't see any forthcoming...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

August 01, 2010, 03:29:52 PM
This article has already been posted:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

(Translation = Just because I might disagree with you does not mean I\'m attacking you.)

August 01, 2010, 04:15:47 PM
Oh..I didn't see it. I saw the article dated july 31st and I thought it was new.
Pls detele.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions