paula-c

newoldfan in this case she takes the surname of his wife, and also has two more names, not if I explain it
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Quote from: "Serenitys_Dream"
Quote from: "*Mo*"
Quote from: "Serenitys_Dream"
Quote from: "reading_on"
Mo..in perspective here on the name change to file the petition. You can actually fill out that paperwork (I am assuming this is here in the US and I haven't even read it...duh!) without ID but when the clerk goes to record it I believe she would need to have it notarized. She would need a valid ID and proof of her residence for notary in most states.

Thank you!

I have just read the form and no where does it state that ANY identification or notarization is required on a claimant's petition. It can be MAILED to the court and does not require an in-person filing of the form. When the petitioner signs the form they are making a legal declaration that they are entitled to make such a claim in the case.

What you have posted is form DE-172, and that is for a Creditor's Claim.

Mocienne Petit Jackson filed a Petition For Probate (Probate Decedents Estate) through form DE-111.  You can find it here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Nowhere on this form are instructions to the petitioner be found on how it needs to be filed, and what is required.

Though I posted the wrong form as I thought she was a claimant. The correct form can also be mailed without identification or notarization. There are several other forms which must be filled out with the "Petition For Probate" form.

How do I file a Petition for Probate?

Step 1
Prepare and file the following forms (you will need to provide the original and at least one photocopy of each form). You should call the Probate Calendar Clerk in advance so that a hearing date can be assigned:

* Petition for Probate (Form DE-111, Judicial Council), and all attachments,
    * Original Will (if there is one)
    * Notice of Petition to Administer Estate (Form DE-121, Judicial Council)
    * Duties and Liabilities of Personal Representative (Form DE-147, Judicial Council)
    * Order for Probate (Form DE-140, Judicial Council)
    * Letters (Form DE-150, Judicial Council)
      You may also need to file the following forms if you need to prove a Will:
    * Proof of Holographic Instrument (Form DE-135, Judicial Council)
    * Proof of Subscribing Witness (Form DE-131, Judicial Council)

Step 2
Give proper notice by mail to all interested persons.

Step 3
Arrange for publication in the proper newspaper. (List of local newspapers)

Step 4
File the Proof of Service by Mail (see section on "Who should get notice") and Proof of Publication (see section on "How do I publish") with the court.

Step 5
File your Bond, if required.

Step 6
Appear before the court at the scheduled hearing date. After the hearing, file the signed Order for Probate and Letters in the Clerk's Office and get certified copies, if desired.

I think we were confused at what I was saying. I was saying that when it was actually recorded as fact with a court, but nonetheless the personal representative absolutely has to show proof of ID. I am not sure why that is not on your list that you found, and I have never been able to get a bond without an ID, so that may have been accountability.
Supplemental form for Personal Representative Here
Confidential Supplement (Form DE-147S, Judicial Council)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is just putting on its shoes.

Mark Twain

Since we're all confused I picked up the phone and called a law firm in the United States which specializes in probate law.  I was given the email address of an attorney that would be able to answer my questions.  

I just sent him an email with the question about identifying yourself or not when filing a petition for probate, and I also asked him:

My second question is about the Michael Jackson Estate.  When I go to the website of the LA Superior Court it says:

Case Summary

Case Number: BP117321
JACKSON, MICHAEL JOSEPH - DECEDENT

Filing Date: 06/29/2009
Case Type: Letters of Administration (General Jurisdiction)

Can you please explain to me what "Status: Judgment by Court-Petition denied" means?

As soon as I have received an answer I will post it here.[/b]

Mo, you could call the court of clerks of the county that is handling the case as well. Just ask for filing requirements and at what point and whom would need ID. Since the clerk is paid by the state and not privately it is easier to get answers.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is just putting on its shoes.

Mark Twain

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal