anewfanTopic starter

Blue Moon
August 15, 2010, 07:39:39 PM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

(Sorry..I don't know how to copy the whole story on here.)

TMZ has had two stories that included the beer logo "Blue Moon" on the Steven Slater saga. (Steven Slater...I see TS....and SEVEN...and LATER....but not sure what later has to do with the hoax :) The first time I saw that I immediately thought of the newer pics of Michael Jackson with the Blue circle over his eye.
I wonder if they ran it a second time so that we pay attention to the Blue Moon?
[attachment=3:w43kl4b1]michael_jackson_blue_eye_photo.jpg[/attachment:w43kl4b1]

I also did some looking and found several connections to Elvis. He was in a band called The Blue Moon Boys.
[attachment=2:w43kl4b1]1556526148.jpg[/attachment:w43kl4b1]

Also he had two songs: Blue Moon Over Kentucky (#4) and Blue Moon (#5) on the following album.

Elvis Presley Elvis at Sun limited vinyl LP.
Tracklisting
1. Harbor lights
2. I love you because
3. That's all right
4. Blue moon of Kentucky
5. Blue moon
6. Tomorrow night
7. I'll never let you go (little darlin')
8. Just because
9. Good rockin' tonight
10. I don't care if the sun don't shine
11. Milkcow blues boogie
12. You're a heartbreaker
13. I'm left, you're right, she's gone (Slow Version)
14. I'm left, you're right, she's gone
15. Baby, let's play house
16. I forgot to remember to forget
17. Mystery train
18. Trying to get you
19. When it rains, it really pours

[attachment=1:w43kl4b1]45443.jpg[/attachment:w43kl4b1]

Elvis also had a song called "When My Blue Moon Turns to Gold Again"
 ELVIS (LP)
(US) RCA LPM 1382
Released: October 1956
Side 1
Rip It Up ****
Love Me **
When My Blue Moon Turns To Gold Again ***
Long Tall Sally ***
First In Line ****
Paralyzed ***
Side 2
So Glad You're Mine *
Old Shep ***
Ready Teddy ****
Anyplace Is Paradise ***
How's The World Treating You **
How Do You Think I Feel **

* Recorded: RCA Studios, New York City, January 30, 1956
** Recorded: Radio Recorders, Hollywood, September 1, 1956
*** Recorded: Radio Recorders, Hollywood, September 2, 1956
**** Recorded: Radio Recorders, Hollywood, September 3, 1956

[attachment=0:w43kl4b1]Elvis LP.jpg[/attachment:w43kl4b1]

TMZ and TS definitely have my attention....I have a question though. We are making the Elvis/MJ connection through the clues from TMZ, but are we supposed to investigate further into the clues? For instance, I understand that Blue Moon has a connection to both MJ and Elvis, but what am I supposed to do with the information? Is there more to the clues? Or are we just suppose to "see" the connections? (Hopefully this makes sense.) Can anybody help me out?
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Your true character is how you act when no one is looking.

suspicious mind

Re: Blue Moon
August 15, 2010, 09:50:03 PM
hmm  
what caught my attention was the statement:so maybe the expression all press is good press isn't so true after all.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

anewfanTopic starter

August 15, 2010, 10:20:25 PM
Quote from: "suspicious mind"
hmm  
what caught my attention was the statement:so maybe the expression all press is good press isn't so true after all.

That is interesting given that in the past  MJ often leaked stories to the tabloids about himself and how some of them seem to have backfired on him.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Adi

August 16, 2010, 04:19:00 AM
I agree...something about these articles caught my eye too.

I don't know why...the titles had me intrigued. I think there is definitely something in the titles and the stories.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

August 16, 2010, 04:44:03 AM
Quote from: "Adi"

I don't know why...the titles had me intrigued. I think there is definitely something in the titles and the stories.

That whole Steven Slater story is one big hoax, something is up with it. Today's article:

40 minutes ago by TMZ Staff  

TMZ has learned JetBlue's most famous beverage slinger Steven Slater has a reality show offer on the table ... and the hook -- helping people quit their jobs.

According to well-placed industry sources ... Stone Entertainment -- a powerhouse in the reality TV world --  is going after Slater to host a show in which various disgruntled workers quit their jobs in extravagant ways.

But reality TV is a fickle thing ... if Slater's story turns out to be a big hoax -- which we're thinkin' is the case -- the offer could disappear as fast as it came.

Still, we're told Slater's lawyer has received the offer.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

anewfanTopic starter

August 17, 2010, 01:23:03 AM
Quote from: "~Souza~"

That whole Steven Slater story is one big hoax, something is up with it. Today's article:

TMZ has learned JetBlue's most famous beverage slinger Steven Slater has a reality show offer on the table ... and the hook -- helping people quit their jobs.

According to well-placed industry sources ... Stone Entertainment -- a powerhouse in the reality TV world --  is going after Slater to host a show in which various disgruntled workers quit their jobs in extravagant ways.

But reality TV is a fickle thing ... if Slater's story turns out to be a big hoax -- which we're thinkin' is the case -- the offer could disappear as fast as it came.

Notice the O2 MJ Fist Pose to the left of Steven Slater. It's the only hand on there like that. The rest have an open hand pose.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

August 19, 2010, 03:34:44 PM
Quote from: "anewfan"
Quote from: "~Souza~"

Notice the O2 MJ Fist Pose to the left of Steven Slater. It's the only hand on there like that. The rest have an open hand pose.

Yeah, you're right  :shock:  But for me the right hand with white sleeve also looks like Michael's hand  :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

God gave a gift to the world when you were born;a person who loves and cares,who sees a person\'s need and fills it,who encourages and lifts people up,who spends energy on others rather than himself,who touches each life he enters & makes a difference in the world.May the love you have shown to others return to you multiplied.

dejavu

August 19, 2010, 03:40:01 PM
Quote from: "vilte90"
Yeah, you're right  :shock:  But for me the right hand with white sleeve also looks like Michael's hand  :?

The one with the red braclet?  :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Michael's Vision - The Immortal Experience

Serenitys_Dream

August 19, 2010, 03:47:26 PM
Blue Moon
A blue moon can refer to the third full moon in a season with four full moons, or the second full moon of a calendar month. Most years have twelve full moons that occur approximately monthly. In addition to those twelve full lunar cycles, each solar calendar year contains roughly eleven days more than the lunar year of 12 lunations. The extra days accumulate, so every two or three years (7 times in the 19-year Metonic cycle), there is an extra full moon. Lunisolar calendars have rules on when to insert such an intercalary of embolismic ("leap") month, and what name it is given; e.g. in the Hebrew calendar the month Adar is duplicated. The term "blue moon" comes from folklore. Different traditions and conventions place the extra "blue" full moon at different times in the year.

* In calculating the dates for Lent and Easter, the Clergy identify the Lent Moon. It is thought that historically when the moon's timing was too early, they named an earlier moon as a "betrayer moon" (belewe moon), thus the Lent moon came at its expected time.
* Folklore gave each moon a name according to its time of year. A moon that came too early had no folk name, and was called a blue moon, retaining the correct seasonal timings for future moons.
* The Farmers' Almanac defined blue moon as an extra full moon that occurred in a season; one season was normally three full moons. If a season had four full moons, then the third full moon was named a blue moon.
* Recent popular usage defined a blue moon as the second full moon in a calendar month, stemming from an interpretation error made in 1946 that was discovered in 1999.] For example, December 31, 2009 was a blue moon according to this usage.

A "blue moon" is also used colloquially to mean "a rare event", reflected in the phrase "once in a blue moon

Blue moons between 2009 and 2016

The following blue moons occur between 2009 and 2016. These dates use UTC as the timezone; months vary with different timezones.

Seasonal
Using the Farmers' Almanac definition of blue moon (meaning the third full moon in a season of four full moons), blue moons occur

* November 21, 2010
    * August 21, 2013
    * May 21, 2016

Calendar
Note that, unlike the astronomical seasonal definition, these dates are dependent on the Gregorian calendar and time zones.

Two full moons in one month:

* 2009: December 2, December 31 (partial lunar eclipse visible in some parts of the world), only in time zones west of UTC+05.
    * 2010: January 1 (partial lunar eclipse), January 30, only in time zones east of UTC+04:30.
    * 2010: March 1, March 30, only in time zones east of UTC+07.
    * 2012: August 2, August 31
    * 2015: July 2, July 31

The next time New Year's Eve falls on a Blue Moon (as occurred on 2009 December 31) is after one Metonic cycle, in 2028. At that time there will be a total lunar eclipse.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Serenitys_Dream

August 19, 2010, 03:53:39 PM
The Blue Moon (and the occult)
A "Blue Moon" occurs when two full moons happen in one calendar month. Since the phase period of the moon is 29.5 days, you usually only have one full moon each month. But each month it's a little earlier than the previous month. About every 2.5 years, you get two full moons in the same calendar month, and the second one is called the "blue moon". There is no physical difference in appearance, the second full moon looks like a regular full moon: circular and white with gray patches.

According to folklorists, the term "Blue Moon" is at least 400 years old. The earliest known references to a blue moon were intended as examples of improbable events or something that could never happen. As time passed the expression evolved to mean something that rarely or never happened. Hence the expression "Once in a Blue Moon" which is still popular today.

In the pagan community, the origins of the meaning of a Blue Moon vary. And the legend or origin of these meanings cannot be substantiated. However, some believe the second full moon holds the knowledge of the Goddess and is therefore contains 3-fold the energy.

In other traditions the phases of the moon represent the transition of knowledge within the Goddess. The quarter moons representing the maiden Goddess, the New Moon the Mother Goddess, the Full Moon the Grand Mother Goddess and the Blue Moon the transition of the Grand Mother or Crone to Divine level of existence.

Another view is that the Blue Moon represents a time of heightened or clearer communication between our physical being and the Great Grand Mother Goddess or the Crone Goddess.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions