Quote from: "Serenitys_Dream"

From the book Star Man by bodyguard Michael Francis.

In September, the Slippery When Wet tour finishes after fourteen months and 160 shows, although both the band and the crew have come to believe that if Doc McGhee had his way it truly would be The Tour Without End.

The final dates are in Japan. We arrive in Tokyo in the last week of Septmeber for five shows at the famed Budokan theatre. The Bon Jovi entourage fills the thirteenth floor of one of the city's most luxurious hotels. Abnove us, the penthouse suite is occupied by Michael Jackson, who has just begun a world tour in support of his new album Bad with a performance at the 38,000-caopacity Korakuen stadium.

On the afternoon of Bon Jovi's first Budokan gig, Jon is summoned to Jackson's suite. I accompany him to the penthouse, where two huge security guards stand on duty at the door. Inside an opulent living room decorated in an elegant Japanese style, Jackson greets us with a soft hello and a weak handshake. I leave Jon talking to him in private and return to the entrance hall to speak with his security men.

Jon reappears after fifteen minutes, beaming excitedly. On the way back to his room, he tells me Michael has accepted his invitation to join Bon Jovi on stage for their last night at the Budokan. He has agreed to sing one song with Jon at the end of the show. I am sceptical, since there is no written agreement, only a verbal acceptance in the course of a conversation. But during the next five days I liaise with Jackson's people in the arranging extra security at the venue, plus a dressing room for Michael and two additional rooms for a small number of his 250-strong entourage.

When the night arrives, the band is one hour from going on stage when word is received from Jackson's camp that Michael will not be showing. I had tried to warn Jon that this might happen given Jackson's well-publicised eccentricity, but he and the other guys in the band are bitterly disappointed.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"They're coming to a rock and roll concert and watching television. That says it all." - Larry Mullen jr on the ZooTV experience.

haha...VERY interesting indeed. especially revealing all those connections like 30 yrs later... :?  

speaking of connections: what's also interesting is that on the same page (below to the right under the bon jovi gallery) is chelsea clinton's wedding playlist. she has some half dozen mj/ jackson5 songs in there, jackie wilson, ray charles, sam cooke, aretha franklin, all kinds of stuff that's somewhere 'mike-related'. not that this is a clue in any way, but we all do remember mike being at clinton's inauguration, right? now little chelsea gets married and her playlist is like a 'mike's all time favorite'- songlist...?

sometimes the links to the left or right are just as interesting as the main article... :mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
just because it\'s in print, doesn\'t mean it\'s the gospel - mj 2003

i have incredible disguises, i can fool my own mother - mj 1988

...details at eleven...

wear something green!

proud member of the army of l.o.v.e!

.... Congregated in the hotel bar, we elect to teach Jackson a lesson. A call is made to Jackson's personal trainer, who cares for the star's pet chimpanzee Bubbles when they are on tour. The guy is a Bon jovi fan who attended the previous night's gig at the Budokan. When we call he is asleep, but as soon as we tell him that Jon wants to come up to his room to see Bubbles, he perks up and says, 'No problem'.

I lead a party of four to the room. Once inside, I explain that the plan has changed: we are taking Bubbles to the bar to meet Jon. The guy panics and pleads with us not to do it, but as I am backing him into a corner, Tico is scooping Bubbles into his arms and scurrying from the room.

The guy calls after us as we follow Tico to the elevator. Calmly, I turn to face him. "Tell Michael if he wants to see Bubbles again, he can come to the bar and get him."

In the bar, we place Bubbles in an armchair. He is a friendly little fellow and a star in his own right. Clad in a red and grey-striped romper suit, he accepts bananas from us, which we order with our drinks. For two hours, we are expecting a visit from Jackson's security staff, but nobody comes. Eventually, we come to the conclusion that Jackson's personal trainer is too scared to let anyone know that Bubbles has been abducted. So we are stuck with him: or to be specific, I am stuck with him. I take the chimp to my room and watch over him for three hours before returning him to the bodyguards outside Jackson's suite. They shake their heads in disbelief as I walk towards them with Bubbles waddling by my side, his hand in mine.

"Don't ask," I say sleepily, patting my little friend on the head and walking quickly away before any questions can be asked. As I roll into bed, I laugh at the stupidity of our prank. Fourteen months on the road can drive anyone crazy.

:lol:  :lol:  I'd say Michael the practical joker owed the Bon Jovi crew a payback prank for that...  8-)  :P
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"They're coming to a rock and roll concert and watching television. That says it all." - Larry Mullen jr on the ZooTV experience.

paula-c

That story!, listen to something long ago, but nothing, drug history and even a dead person ... which still do not understand is that TMZ gently place a picture of Michael :?:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Glinda

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Ok how about this vid?

Thanks for the story about Bubbles and Bon Jovi :D
Very funny!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I watched TMZ this evening and they were showing the Bon Jovi pic.  They were saying that Bon Jovi was apparently afraid the pics might ruin his reputation.  When the guy in dreads said: I would be more worried about his reputation if he hung out with Michael Jackson back stage.  That's when they showed the pic of Bon Jo and Mike.  
Once again, TMZ is making fun of Mike and being very disrespectful.  I don't get it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You Are My Life
                              mjssoulmate

~Souza~Topic starter

Well at least another question answered... Jon is 5'10"

So I guess Mike's height of 5'11" on the 2003 mugshot is pretty accurate. So who is 5'8" - 5'9"?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "~Souza~"

So I guess Mike's height of 5'11" on the 2003 mugshot is pretty accurate. So who is 5'8" - 5'9"?

I hate to say this...how tall is James Brown?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

~Souza~Topic starter

Quote from: "voiceforthesilent"

I hate to say this...how tall is James Brown?

Around 5'6", too short.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "mjssoulmate"
I watched TMZ this evening and they were showing the Bon Jovi pic.  They were saying that Bon Jovi was apparently afraid the pics might ruin his reputation.  When the guy in dreads said: I would be more worried about his reputation if he hung out with Michael Jackson back stage.  That's when they showed the pic of Bon Jo and Mike.  
Once again, TMZ is making fun of Mike and being very disrespectful.  
I saw that0 ugh, it was so disgusting and annoying.. I sure hope the @$$holes who put those jokes on that skit together have some guilt right now about yet another unnecessary dent in his name just for a stupid picture of that idiot Jovi..Ugh..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

Quote from: "PinkTopaz"
Quote from: "mjssoulmate"
Once again, TMZ is making fun of Mike and being very disrespectful.  
I saw that0 ugh, it was so disgusting and annoying.. I sure hope the @$$holes who put those jokes on that skit together have some guilt right now about yet another unnecessary dent in his name just for a stupid picture of that idiot Jovi..Ugh..

Who says Mike doesn't ask him to do this? Who says Mike didn't come up with the peeing story himself? I REALLLY wouldn't be surprised.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Um, yeah, I would be hella surprised if he asked the people on TMZ to say, on national television, "If I were Jon Bon Jovi I'd be more worried about the picture of me with Jackson", (implying that it's too humiliating for a "macho", full-of-himself rocker to be seen with a "scrawny, gay/transexual, nasal-voiced, freaky geek") or "Guess which of these is African-American".. while every dumb young guy (or broad) goes, "yeah, that freak Jacko.."

Harvey may be in on it, but who knows about the rest of the crew..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

Bon Jovi -- Most Boobiful Photoshoot of All Time
42 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

TIAI redirect today: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Coincidence? I don't think so. What is Mike doing there? TMZ talking 'disrespectful' about Mike concerning this article, might as well be just because they want your attention for the article.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

I actually have no problem with Jon, some of you are judging him on something a TABLOID is reporting. I thought we had learned something the past 13 months, but maybe I am wrong.

I like Bon Jovi, went to see them when they played in The Hague last month, great concert. They have some very good songs, you should listen to the lyrics:

[youtube:30qhwtrs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF3D2oiy6YA&feature=avmsc2[/youtube:30qhwtrs]

[youtube:30qhwtrs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GHOLI28h2g&feature=avmsc2[/youtube:30qhwtrs]

[youtube:30qhwtrs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx2u5uUu3DE&feature=avmsc2[/youtube:30qhwtrs]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I actually have no problem with Jon, some of you are judging him on something a TABLOID is reporting. I thought we had learned something the past 13 months, but maybe I am wrong.

I like Bon Jovi, went to see them when they played in The Hague last month, great concert. They have some very good songs, you should listen to the lyrics:

[youtube:2q4slgxh]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF3D2oiy6YA&feature=avmsc2[/youtube:2q4slgxh]

[youtube:2q4slgxh]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GHOLI28h2g&feature=avmsc2[/youtube:2q4slgxh]

[youtube:2q4slgxh]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx2u5uUu3DE&feature=avmsc2[/youtube:2q4slgxh]
That's why it bugged me so much, I know Bon Jovi probably doesn't feel that way about the picture of MJ at all, and yet these goofs have to paint it that way, anyway.. I'm sure there were better ways to get our attention.. Ah well..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions