You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Michael Jackson was due to move into 32-bed Kent manor house this weekend

By Matt Sandy
Last updated at 1:19 AM on 28th June 2009

This is the Kent mansion into which Michael Jackson was due to move this weekend.

And last night speculation was growing that fears over the upheaval of relocating from the US might have contributed to his sudden death.

The star was said to be suffering extreme stress brought on by the prospect of performing in public for the first time in eight years.
Foxbury Manor near Orpington which Michael Jackson is believed to be renting during his stay in the UK

Foxbury Manor near Orpington which Michael Jackson was going to rent until February for £1million

Family and friends believe he was acutely aware that, once ensconced in Foxbury Manor, he would have had no option but to submit himself to the gruelling series of 50 concerts.

The property’s owner, businessman Osman Ertosun, and his wife and two children moved out of £15million manor in Chislehurst, Kent, more than a week ago and were preparing to stay elsewhere for a year.

The Grade II-listed mansion is among the largest private properties in Greater London. Jackson paid about £1million to rent it until next February. His concert venue, the O2 Arena, is just ten miles away.

The star had personally selected the house after visiting it secretly around the time of his Press conference in London in March.

More...

* 24hr 'sober coach' was hired for Michael Jackson as desperate family brought in controversial 'Doc Hollywood' to save star

An army of tradesmen spent last week renovating it to suit his extraordinary tastes.

Features included fairground rides, a bowling alley and an 8ft security fence around the sprawling eight-acre grounds, which include woods and a lake.

The singer also hired top interior designers to stamp his personality on the suites intended for him and his children. A source said one child’s room had a Star Wars theme.

However, Mr Ertosun and his family – who are said to have been greatly flattered by Jackson’s offer – banned the star from touching their own rooms.

The three-storey, 22,000sqft house originally had 32 bedrooms, but the family recently spent a fortune renovating it themselves and it now has 11 massive suites.

A source said the changes were ‘huge’ and ‘it barely looks like the same house inside’.

It is not clear what will happen to the property after Jackson’s death. But a source said it was possible the rental deal would stand – leaving promoters AEG with another financial headache.

The star had been due to move in by Wednesday of this week at the latest.

A neighbour, who did not want to be named, said: ‘There was a meeting of our residents’ association at which we were told Michael Jackson would be arriving by this Wednesday but the policeman who addressed the meeting would not tell us the exact date and urged us all to stay quiet.

“He also said we would notice an increase in security while he was staying here.’

Mr Ertosun, 42, is chairman of Excelcare, a company that owns 32 care and nursing homes across South-East England. He paid £6.6million for Foxbury Manor in January 2004. Neighbours include pop star Jamelia and boxing promoter Frank Maloney.

The house features a music room, cinema and indoor swimming pool. The main bedroom is said to cover 1,800sqft – bigger than the footprint of many modern four-bedroom houses.

Foxbury Manor was built in 1875 by David Brandon, Queen Victoria’s favourite architect. In the Forties it was a retreat for bishops and missionaries’ wives and children.

Ten years ago developers were considering splitting the property into two ‘semis’, fearing that because it was so big, no one would buy it.

The house is next to Chislehurst Caves, 20 miles of haunted underground passageways said to be haunted.

Last night Mr Ertosun said: ‘I have signed a legal non-disclosure agreement so I cannot comment.

Read more: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

And an interesting comment on an other side:
"But what would have happened if he died in Chislehurst? It would have put Chislehurst on the world map. The road would have been awash with fans, so we are grateful that it happened outside of the village.

Right, so Michael was able to relax there... :lol:
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

That's interesting about one of the rooms having a star wars theme.  Can anyone remember a discussion that took place on here about someone "anonymous" having bought a load of star wars stuff.....i believe it was on TMZ a few months ago.....that would tie in nicely with our Mike  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "bliss1712"
That's interesting about one of the rooms having a star wars theme.  Can anyone remember a discussion that took place on here about someone "anonymous" having bought a load of star wars stuff.....i believe it was on TMZ a few months ago.....that would tie in nicely with our Mike  :D

maybe we can tie in Blanket's star wars video into all of this too?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

Interesting ... 8-)  :mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"But what would have happened if he died in Chislehurst? It would have put Chislehurst on the world map. The road would have been awash with fans, so we are grateful that it happened outside of the village.

CHARMING!!  How utterly heartless...   a man has died and all these people care about are themselves and their own neighbourhoods....  how nice that some posh twat is "grateful" that Michael Jackson died outside of their village!!   WANKERS!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

interesting...I actually thought that's where he might be B4, especially w/ the secret passeges fand whatnots...it's a def possibility, but I still think he's in the US...closer than we think..."hiding in plain" sight so to speak...maybe Neverland or Encino...somewhere where he can see Prince Paris and Blanket on the regular basis...plus flying back and forth might get kinda dangerous...that's just my opinion though...
Much L.O.V.E. :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WHEN I SAY I LOVE YOU, MICHAEL YOU GOTTA KNOW THAT IT'S FOR ALL TIME

mumof3

Quote from: "DancingTheDream"

CHARMING!!  How utterly heartless...   a man has died and all these people care about are themselves and their own neighbourhoods....  how nice that some posh twat is "grateful" that Michael Jackson died outside of their village!!   WANKERS!!

I agree with you I know some people that live in chislhurst and they were absolutly dreading michael going there they were worried that their peace and quiet would go they were not at all happy I am afraid they are mainly upper class twats
I would have been so excited if he was coming to my village I feel it would be an honour. But oh no not for chislehurst people
I also used to work there they are like that there
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mjboogie

Quote from: "Sternschen87"

Michael Jackson was due to move into 32-bed Kent manor house this weekend

By Matt Sandy
Last updated at 1:19 AM on 28th June 2009

This is the Kent mansion into which Michael Jackson was due to move this weekend.

And last night speculation was growing that fears over the upheaval of relocating from the US might have contributed to his sudden death.

The star was said to be suffering extreme stress brought on by the prospect of performing in public for the first time in eight years.
Foxbury Manor near Orpington which Michael Jackson is believed to be renting during his stay in the UK

Foxbury Manor near Orpington which Michael Jackson was going to rent until February for £1million

Family and friends believe he was acutely aware that, once ensconced in Foxbury Manor, he would have had no option but to submit himself to the gruelling series of 50 concerts.

The property’s owner, businessman Osman Ertosun, and his wife and two children moved out of £15million manor in Chislehurst, Kent, more than a week ago and were preparing to stay elsewhere for a year.

The Grade II-listed mansion is among the largest private properties in Greater London. Jackson paid about £1million to rent it until next February. His concert venue, the O2 Arena, is just ten miles away.

The star had personally selected the house after visiting it secretly around the time of his Press conference in London in March.

More...

* 24hr 'sober coach' was hired for Michael Jackson as desperate family brought in controversial 'Doc Hollywood' to save star

An army of tradesmen spent last week renovating it to suit his extraordinary tastes.

Features included fairground rides, a bowling alley and an 8ft security fence around the sprawling eight-acre grounds, which include woods and a lake.

The singer also hired top interior designers to stamp his personality on the suites intended for him and his children. A source said one child’s room had a Star Wars theme.

However, Mr Ertosun and his family – who are said to have been greatly flattered by Jackson’s offer – banned the star from touching their own rooms.

The three-storey, 22,000sqft house originally had 32 bedrooms, but the family recently spent a fortune renovating it themselves and it now has 11 massive suites.

A source said the changes were ‘huge’ and ‘it barely looks like the same house inside’.

It is not clear what will happen to the property after Jackson’s death. But a source said it was possible the rental deal would stand – leaving promoters AEG with another financial headache.

The star had been due to move in by Wednesday of this week at the latest.

A neighbour, who did not want to be named, said: ‘There was a meeting of our residents’ association at which we were told Michael Jackson would be arriving by this Wednesday but the policeman who addressed the meeting would not tell us the exact date and urged us all to stay quiet.

“He also said we would notice an increase in security while he was staying here.’

Mr Ertosun, 42, is chairman of Excelcare, a company that owns 32 care and nursing homes across South-East England. He paid £6.6million for Foxbury Manor in January 2004. Neighbours include pop star Jamelia and boxing promoter Frank Maloney.

The house features a music room, cinema and indoor swimming pool. The main bedroom is said to cover 1,800sqft – bigger than the footprint of many modern four-bedroom houses.

Foxbury Manor was built in 1875 by David Brandon, Queen Victoria’s favourite architect. In the Forties it was a retreat for bishops and missionaries’ wives and children.

Ten years ago developers were considering splitting the property into two ‘semis’, fearing that because it was so big, no one would buy it.

The house is next to Chislehurst Caves, 20 miles of haunted underground passageways said to be haunted.

Last night Mr Ertosun said: ‘I have signed a legal non-disclosure agreement so I cannot comment.

Read more: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

And an interesting comment on an other side:

Right, so Michael was able to relax there... :lol:
Hmm so the police urged the residents to keep quiet and that they were not sure of the exact date? Interesting! And just think , this article came out a few days after June 25th that is why I always say it is good that we go back and look over some of the old topics, be surprised what you can overlook! Now we are trying to connect the Star Wars Theme!! ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

revisiting old topics is a smart idea
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

No you are wrong!  When he supposedly died I was looking on You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and this  place was up for rent, so he was not there.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

it was for rent?
do you have a screenshot?
This means it was never supposed to be Michael's house'?
 :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions