this1crazygirl

Quote from: "trublu"
Quote from: "this1crazygirl"
Quote from: "Serenitys_Dream"
Leather and fur are two different things : why do you think fur is so expensive? Because often they use exotic animals. Here is a page on leather:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Quote:  "In the leather industry, the skin and rawhide are by-products of the meat industry, because the meat has greater commercial value than the rawhide and skin."

You may quote "In the fur industry, the meat is a by-product, because the skins and hides have greater commercial value."

Though how many people do you know that eat mink, chinchilla or hamsters??

Point is regular leather we buy is a by product from the meat market. Fur is made from killing animals we wouldn't eat for fashion purposes.

I don't eat meat.
Animals raised for human consumption are done so cruelly unless they are free range so leather is also a byproduct of cruelty to animals.

I don't eat meat either. I just wanted to point out that leather is a by-product. Some people don't know that.

No worries at all. I just don't support PETA either as I said they KILL animals themselves because it is cheaper than finding them homes. The point is they are hypocrites and have no right to judge you, me, Janet, Michael or anyone else. They tell us to stop eating meat or wearing fur but the leather industry is huge and PETA has a walk in cooler full of the dead bodies of dogs and cats that they have killed yet could have been adopted.

Many of these animals were picked up and killed immediately after they were placed into the PETA van and then either placed in garbage bags and thrown into local dumpsters or taken back to their headquarters to a walk-in freezer. Once the freezer is full then PETA contacts a disposal company is to remove the bodies as it is cheaper to only pay for one full load then many loads of bodies.

Gosh that just makes me want to cry  :(

wow... hypocrites fur real LOL :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :evil:  :|  :geek:

Please explain...

after this my response is unnecessary... they are hypocrites because in the end, they are cruel to animals themselves, and just as cruel to humans!!
Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 06:30:51 PM by this1crazygirl
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

trublu

Leather and fur are two different things : why do you think fur is so expensive? Because often they use exotic animals. Here is a page on leather:

Quote:  "In the leather industry, the skin and rawhide are by-products of the meat industry, because the meat has greater commercial value than the rawhide and skin."

You may quote "In the fur industry, the meat is a by-product, because the skins and hides have greater commercial value."

Though how many people do you know that eat mink, chinchilla or hamsters??

Point is regular leather we buy is a by product from the meat market. Fur is made from killing animals we wouldn't eat for fashion purposes.

I don't eat meat.
Animals raised for human consumption are done so cruelly unless they are free range so leather is also a byproduct of cruelty to animals.

I don't eat meat either. I just wanted to point out that leather is a by-product. Some people don't know that.

No worries at all. I just don't support PETA either as I said they KILL animals themselves because it is cheaper than finding them homes. The point is they are hypocrites and have no right to judge you, me, Janet, Michael or anyone else. They tell us to stop eating meat or wearing fur but the leather industry is huge and PETA has a walk in cooler full of the dead bodies of dogs and cats that they have killed yet could have been adopted.

Many of these animals were picked up and killed immediately after they were placed into the PETA van and then either placed in garbage bags and thrown into local dumpsters or taken back to their headquarters to a walk-in freezer. Once the freezer is full then PETA contacts a disposal company is to remove the bodies as it is cheaper to only pay for one full load then many loads of bodies.

Gosh that just makes me want to cry  :(

wow... hypocrites fur real LOL :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :evil:  :|  :geek:

Please explain...

after this my response is unnecessary... they hypocrites because in the end, they are cruel to animals themselves, and just as cruel to humans!!

Wow ok sorry I thought you were saying I was a hypocrite. My applogies.It's been a long day  :lol:
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

Do not eat meat, it sickens me .. she earns enough money singing, well it's your decision I hope it's not true
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WHOA how the f**k did this convo get so HOSTILE???  :geek:
what I said was

"it is a wonder to me how people get so emotional about wearing furs or leather and the killing of animals for hides or  consumption, yet those same people don't show the same emotion for people in need or children being abused all over the world."

You can not convince me of what I stated was wrong, because you are already trying to bully me for my opinions... and I have spent most of my life doing things for local children and being a positive force in their being a good citizen, and that was before I even had kids of my own (and I have awards from some very prestigious places sense you asked)... and there a serious child abuse cases all over the world, even to the point where they are putting CHILDREN in cages and treating them as if they were animals, and that concerns me with a vengeance harder than what I feel for some rat looking animal

I do respect all creatures... just some of them I'd rather not be around, and I respect a nice good healthy chicken especially on my plate LOL

sorry if we don't agree... and sorry you and your beliefs should keep your family separated from those who don't agree with you... you like "yes men" :|

Well not following an entertainer who goes the opposite way of your beliefs or what u fight for, has nothing to do with "yes men"

And sorry i still dont see the point in comparing the fight for kids with the one for animals, as if we couldn't defend both at the same time....that s what made me angry because it s the void argument you always get to hear when u r active in the animal protection...makes no sense: "if you would put all that energy in helping children..." So who says we don't? Like ppl would go to someone fighting for ecology fo example and say "hey and what bout the kids?" Of course not.

Everything that needs protection has a right to be defended imo. There are no silly causes, be it ecology or animals, they also have a right to be protected. And being active for those doesnt mean we dont give a shit bout other sufferings

Anyway, i agree my first post was a bit harsch (does that word exist?) but reading that same line again got me a bit nervous on such a touchy subject. So for that, i apologise
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

this1crazygirl

Quote from: "hesouttamylife"
Quote from: "hesouttamylife"
Don't get me wrong I love animals

but humans have dominion over animals, to make use of them...

I hope I don't offend  8-)
Maybe at one time we did :lol:  But judging from the attacks of late, I think they are re-thinking that and taking back some of their control. They are moving into our living space now and making no apologies about it.

..minks look like rats and I don't thinks rats are cute, but people have been wearing animals since the beginning of time :ugeek: ... and if it's such a big deal, why don't they go after race horses, or dogs that pull sleighs over ice, or police dogs, or go to the towns of the world where wild animals are out of control and try to tame them? I see nothing wrong with breeding mink  (as long as they put the minks to sleep in a peaceful way :geek: )

now if peta would protect CHILDREN the way they "protect" animals, this world would be a much better place

but IMO they are an animal protection advertising agency...

hey I did not write that red letter stuff, you should signify your additions to responses...

plus the animals are out of control because they are not being maintained using rationale, just as the rats in nyc subways LOL
I tried to quote it.  Not the whole article. That's why it is in a different color.  So just how do you "signify"?  It wasn't meant to be anything negative , just a bit of animal humor with some truth to it.  Dang, perhaps I should just stop posting here period. :?

that is because people will want to argue about things I've stated and I want to clarify what I say and did not say, nothing against you...

Quote from: "PrettyYoungTeletubby"

Children who can possibly grow into an adult with real problems, yet they focus on animals like these animals will change the world one day. Okay maybe they shouldn't be slaughtered or treated in humanely, but if their usefulness is their fur/hide, and they are not facing extinction, I see nothing wrong with using what is useful. In my life I have seen people treat their dogs and cats better than their own children and family members. That is sad.

May i ask you who "those people" u mention are? What the F*** do you know about what they think about children in need? And how dare you judge intentions of "those people" you dont even know? If u think respecting all creatures is ridiculous, sad for u but dont u come here saying people caring for animals dont give a shit about the rest.

I can t stand how everytime someone defends animals right, some come and say "yeah and what about the kids?" What does that have to do with it? U think we cant have enough heart to care for both? There are enough righteous causes to defend on this earth and we are more than enough people to do the job. If everyone did something good for whatever cause they believe in, the world would finally be a much better place.

i just wonder what u have done for kids in need yourself?

this being said, I agree Janet made a bad move to get some more dollars. Good for her. But she can definitely count me and my family out of her admirers.

what I said was

"it is a wonder to me how people get so emotional about wearing furs or leather and the killing of animals for hides or  consumption, yet those same people don't show the same emotion for people in need or children being abused all over the world."

You can not convince me of what I stated was wrong, because you are already trying to bully me for my opinions... and I have spent most of my life doing things for local children and being a positive force in their being a good citizen, and that was before I even had kids of my own (and I have awards from some very prestigious places sense you asked)... and there a serious child abuse cases all over the world, even to the point where they are putting CHILDREN in cages and treating them as if they were animals, and that concerns me with a vengeance harder than what I feel for some rat looking animal

I do respect all creatures... just some of them I'd rather not be around, and I respect a nice good healthy chicken especially on my plate LOL

sorry if we don't agree... and sorry you and your beliefs should keep your family separated from those who don't agree with you... you like "yes men" :|

wait a minute...
Quote from: "PrettyYoungTeletubby"

what I said was

Well not following an entertainer who goes the opposite way of your beliefs or what u fight for, has nothing to do with "yes men"

And sorry i still dont see the point in comparing the fight for kids with the one for animals, as if we couldn't defend both at the same time....that s what made me angry because it s the void argument you always get to hear when u r active in the animal protection...makes no sense: "if you would put all that energy in helping children..." So who says we don't? Like ppl would go to someone fighting for ecology fo example and say "hey and what bout the kids?" Of course not.

Everything that needs protection has a right to be defended imo. There are no silly causes, be it ecology or animals, they also have a right to be protected. And being active for those doesnt mean we dont give a shit bout other sufferings

Anyway, i agree my first post was a bit harsch (does that word exist?) but reading that same line again got me a bit nervous on such a touchy subject. So for that, i apologise

don't attempt to include my profanities while apologizing for your (shirking responsibility tactic), put it all out there!

well tell me this, what animals have they actually protected? the WWF actually protects animals IMO...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

??

there is no tactic, i stick to what i think. I just added that yes, the way i formulated my feelings wasnt nice to say the least. That s all i meant... When i read it again i agreed i could have expressed my opinion in a better way.

If u mean i didnt quote the whole convo, well i quote the post i answer to, which is the last one. The whole convo is anyway on here for all to see...no?

and i wasnt talking bout PETA here but bout ppl who care for animal rights in general. so i dont really get the part with the WWF....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ANY animal cruelty, whether it be for skinning animals for fashion purposes or mistreating animals is WRONG and sick. Sorry guys but I feel really strongly about this.

you are right
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

[size=150]It doesn\'t matter if you\'re black or white [/size]

last I remember WWF stands for World Wildlife Federation (they sued WWE to stop using their ancronym a few years ago) they put animals on the endangered species list and try to stop things like the slaughter of elephants for their tusks and the killing of tigers and whales that get stuck in fishermens nets and stuff like that...

well I definitely  learned a few things from this thread! that animals are as a sensitive topic as religion and politics!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

This is to be expected. There are many things I can think of that are more desperate than wearing fur coats in an advertisement. Leaked sex tapes for one  :roll: I think killing animals for their fur is disgusting but this doesn't seem like desperation to "save a failing career" to me.

PETA also has killed a lot of animals.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
There\'s a man, who plays the game of life so well...

suspicious mind

Quote from: "teerockjelli"
last I remember WWF stands for World Wildlife Federation (they sued WWE to stop using their ancronym a few years ago) they put animals on the endangered species list and try to stop things like the slaughter of elephants for their tusks and the killing of tigers and whales that get stuck in fishermens nets and stuff like that...

well I definitely  learned a few things from this thread! that animals are as a sensitive topic as religion and politics!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
[/b]

i knew when this topic started that all hell was gonna break loose :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

I wish Janet had not of sold her name to promote the killing of animals. But that is her choice. I love all animals. I would never, never do that. It is just sad.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I wish Janet had not of sold her name to promote the killing of animals. But that is her choice. I love all animals. I would never, never do that. It is just sad.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Regardless of PETAs mistakes, I cannot and will not condone the killing of innocent animals in the name of fashion. Makes me sick.. :twisted:

A big Amen to that!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions