mumof3

Quote from: "*Mo*"

After going through this thread I have just one simple

question:

How many of you who replied about animal cruelty are vegetarians or vegans..?

I know what you mean it sound like double standards but wearing fur for decorative reasons is very bad
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

sweet1

I am a vegetarian. I just can't wrap my mind around people wearing fur knowing what those animals went through so they could look luxorious. I imagine they just don't possess a conscience. It's such a sad shame! I know Janet can't be that desperate for money and attention. Keep the Faith!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Eating animals for food and wearing an animal for fashion are two different things. There was a time when man needed the fur of an animal to keep warm, but we've evolved beyond that and no longer need them to survive.

What Janet has done has changed my view of her. She is free to do what she wants and I am free to not support her as an artist. Many celebs wear fur and I think its awful, but to promote it in an ad is beyone awful, it's just sad.

I eat turkey and chicken and sometimes beef, but just as the lion eats the wilderbeast on the serengeti, it's the circle of life. There is no circle in wearing fur.

I don't think MJ would approve, but again she's her own person and free to do what she wants and PETA and others are free to go after her.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "rabbit"
they attack everybody who wears fur not just janet and michael :roll:

Exactly :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

Quote from: "this1crazygirl"
Don't get me wrong I love animals

but humans have dominion over animals, to make use of them...

I hope I don't offend  8-)
Maybe at one time we did :lol:  But judging from the attacks of late, I think they are re-thinking that and taking back some of their control. They are moving into our living space now and making no apologies about it.

..minks look like rats and I don't thinks rats are cute, but people have been wearing animals since the beginning of time :ugeek: ... and if it's such a big deal, why don't they go after race horses, or dogs that pull sleighs over ice, or police dogs, or go to the towns of the world where wild animals are out of control and try to tame them? I see nothing wrong with breeding mink  (as long as they put the minks to sleep in a peaceful way :geek: )

now if peta would protect CHILDREN the way they "protect" animals, this world would be a much better place

but IMO they are an animal protection advertising agency...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…

this1crazygirl

After going through this thread I have just one simple question:

I love animals, but I am not a vegan or vegetarian, (or am I? cause I do eat vegetables LOL)  :lol:

it is a wonder to me how people get so emotional about wearing furs or leather and the killing of animals for hides or  consumption, yet those same people don't show the same emotion for people in need or children being abused all over the world. Children who can possibly grow into an adult with real problems, yet they focus on animals like these animals will change the world one day. Okay maybe they shouldn't be slaughtered or treated in humanely, but if their usefulness is their fur/hide, and they are not facing extinction, I see nothing wrong with using what is useful. In my life I have seen people treat their dogs and cats better than their own children and family members. That is sad.

I'd wear a mink if it was cold enough and I could afford it LOL, and I look great in leather, lambskin, snake skin, I saw this ostrich bag I liked,  :lol: also an alligator bag too, and I drink milk and eat cheese, cause it does a body good,  :lol:  plus I want strong bones still when I get old...

PETA IS a shock advertising agency for animal protection, but other than that I don't really see them doing anything for animals...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

this1crazygirl

Quote from: "hesouttamylife"

Maybe at one time we did :lol:  But judging from the attacks of late, I think they are re-thinking that and taking back some of their control. They are moving into our living space now and making no apologies about it.

..minks look like rats and I don't thinks rats are cute, but people have been wearing animals since the beginning of time :ugeek: ... and if it's such a big deal, why don't they go after race horses, or dogs that pull sleighs over ice, or police dogs, or go to the towns of the world where wild animals are out of control and try to tame them? I see nothing wrong with breeding mink  (as long as they put the minks to sleep in a peaceful way :geek: )

now if peta would protect CHILDREN the way they "protect" animals, this world would be a much better place

hey I did not write that red letter stuff, you should signify your additions to responses...

plus the animals are out of control because they are not being maintained using rationale, just as the rats in nyc subways LOL
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

trublu

I am vegetarian. This is because I spend more of my salary on buying non-meat foods with protein and to be honest it would be cheaper to just eat meat. I understand that some people cannot afford to do this and even if they can, eating meat and wearing a fur that has taken like a hundred animal skins cannot be compared. Fur is worn for vanity - nothing more nothing less. We all know that there are plenty of other materials that can be used that can keep us just as warm and cosy. They are for the most par cheaper too. Now when someone digs into a piece of chicken I highly doubt they are thinking to themselves 'check me out, I look so cool! 8-)' LOL. The reasons for eating meat and wearing fur are completely different.

To the person that said people who care about animals should care more about children, I just have to say, this was a thread about animals so that is what is being discussed. I personally do all I can to defend any group that can be seen as vulnerable or that needs help. This could be children, the elderly, animals, and disabled people etc. They all sometimes need our help in defending their interests from society. Peace to all.

Edit: By the way, I was one of those children that did need help due to a traumatic childhood. Luckily I got it. When I was old enough to understand, I decided I would spend my life trying to help others in a way to 'pay it forward' so to speak.
Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 02:28:42 PM by trublu
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "trublu"

I am vegetarian. This is because I spend more of my salary on buying non-meat foods with protein and to be honest it would be cheaper to just eat meat. I understand that some people cannot afford to do this and even if they can, eating meat and wearing a fur that has taken like a hundred animal skins cannot be compared. Fur is worn for vanity - nothing more nothing less. We all know that there are plenty of other materials that can be used that can keep us just as warm and cosy. They are for the most par cheaper too. Now when someone digs into a piece of chicken I highly doubt they are thinking to themselves 'check me out, I look so cool! 8-)' LOL. The reasons for eating meat and wearing fur are completely different.

To the person that said people who care about animals should care more about children, I just have to say, this was a thread about animals so that is what is being discussed. I personally do all I can to defend any group that can be seen as vulnerable or that needs help. This could be children, the elderly, animals, and disabled people etc. They all sometimes need our help in defending their interests from society. Peace to all.

So very well said trublu  :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

just as people don't understand why people eat poultry and wear fur, there will be people who don't understand why not wear leather , and stop making plastic, cause it is harmful to the planet, yet everyone's view are justified. I just don't like being told what I should like or do, when I have the choice to like what I want...

IMO, PETA are bullies that sometimes conduct themselves with mean and vicious actions...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

Quote from: "ROFL"
Quote from: "suspicious mind"
wonder how this might relate to the hoax? :?

L.O.V.E .. making the world a better place ... etc..etc...

that's true . and when i think of that i think of michael . so sad that the folks from peta didn't happen to mention him either, and the awareness that he tried to bring to these issues.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

it is a wonder to me how people get so emotional about wearing furs or leather and the killing of animals for hides or  consumption, yet those same people don't show the same emotion for people in need or children being abused all over the world. Children who can possibly grow into an adult with real problems, yet they focus on animals like these animals will change the world one day. Okay maybe they shouldn't be slaughtered or treated in humanely, but if their usefulness is their fur/hide, and they are not facing extinction, I see nothing wrong with using what is useful. In my life I have seen people treat their dogs and cats better than their own children and family members. That is sad.

May i ask you who "those people" u mention are? What the F*** do you know about what they think about children in need? And how dare you judge intentions of "those people" you dont even know? If u think respecting all creatures is ridiculous, sad for u but dont u come here saying people caring for animals dont give a shit about the rest.

I can t stand how everytime someone defends animals right, some come and say "yeah and what about the kids?" What does that have to do with it? U think we cant have enough heart to care for both? There are enough righteous causes to defend on this earth and we are more than enough people to do the job. If everyone did something good for whatever cause they believe in, the world would finally be a much better place.

i just wonder what u have done for kids in need yourself?

this being said, I agree Janet made a bad move to get some more dollars. Good for her. But she can definitely count me and my family out of her admirers.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "hesouttamylife"

hey I did not write that red letter stuff, you should signify your additions to responses...

plus the animals are out of control because they are not being maintained using rationale, just as the rats in nyc subways LOL
I tried to quote it.  Not the whole article. That's why it is in a different color.  So just how do you "signify"?  It wasn't meant to be anything negative , just a bit of animal humor with some truth to it.  Dang, perhaps I should just stop posting here period. :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…

Quote from: "foreverking"
Eating animals for food and wearing an animal for fashion are two different things. There was a time when man needed the fur of an animal to keep warm, but we've evolved beyond that and no longer need them to survive.

What Janet has done has changed my view of her. She is free to do what she wants and I am free to not support her as an artist. Many celebs wear fur and I think its awful, but to promote it in an ad is beyone awful, it's just sad.

I eat turkey and chicken and sometimes beef, but just as the lion eats the wilderbeast on the serengeti, it's the circle of life. There is no circle in wearing fur.

I don't think MJ would approve, but again she's her own person and free to do what she wants and PETA and others are free to go after her.

I don't think Michael would care all that much. He wore clothing that came from animals too. Do you see how much leather Michael has worn in his entire life? His entire History Tour outfit was leather. Golden leather. His red leather pants from the Blood on the Dancefloor video. Almost everything Michael wore in the Bad Era was leather. The guy loved leather, and we all know leather comes from dead cows. So do you not support Michael as an artist now? Of course you don't, clothing is clothing. People have been wearing things from animals since the beginning of time. The only form of clothing that doesn't come from animals is Polyester. And Polyester ain't as popular as it use to be, LOL (I'm a 70s buff, so what :)?)

Have you noticed people from PETA only attack music artist and movie stars? Why aren't they in the Gulf saving all of the animals from the oil spill? Why don't they protest at horse races? Why don't they tell police to stop using dogs for them? I can tell you why. It's because PETA doesn't care about animals. They do all of this for money, and just slap the "Animal Cruelty Tag" on themselves so they can get a whole bunch of supporters, which equals more money for them. And since celebrities have money, and PETA can sue them for something trivial, they get even richer. PETA has never cared about animals, never will. They only protest against things that make a lot of money. Like big fashion designers, rich lotion/perfume companies etc, because they know they can get some of their money. PETA is a joke, and they really need to just go away, because they do more harm than good and they kill animals themselves. Just chuck them away like personal property. Instead of chucking (killing) them, why don't they give those animals away to children who want a pet and something to talk to. Nope, the more logical way to PETA is to just kill them off. How about PETA help out children just as much as they "supposedly" do the animals?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

hope

America has a multi billion dollar trade with China for fur. The slaughter of the animals is the most disgusting, saddest and sickest thing I have ever seen. The animals (dogs, cats, bunnys,etc) are actually kept in cages, let out, grabbed, and skinned alive. I have lost respect fof most of the Jackson family already, so I guess Janet just lost mine as well. Before I get backlash...these are :cry:  only my thoughts, and I have a right to them.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions