Books.....Clues.....????
July 01, 2010, 03:06:35 AM
Has anyone read "Michael Jackson: The Magic, The Madness, The Whole Story" by J. Randy Taraborrelli? I'm reading it now and I was hesitant to buy it because I thought that it was going to be defaming, but it isn't so far. Anyway, according to the author (unsure if anyone knew this), when Michael was asked to do the "Victory" tour with his brothers back in the 80's he'd initially refused. When he was finally convinced to do it, he'd vowed to never do it again and commissioned to change the name to "The Final Curtain". Of course the brothers absolutely hated the idea. Hmmmmm....now that my friends is very interesting.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Books.....Clues.....????
July 01, 2010, 09:53:36 AM
i read something like that but in the moonwalk book. he said that he didn't want to do the concerts because he had other projects, you know as a solo artist. then he talks about the victory tour being the final curtain
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

July 01, 2010, 10:27:05 AM
yes I read that book and I do remember that part.....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

July 01, 2010, 11:36:38 AM
Quote from: "andreita2994"
i read something like that but in the moonwalk book. he said that he didn't want to do the concerts because he had other projects, you know as a solo artist. then he talks about the victory tour being the final curtain

Yeah, in "Moonwalk" he actually wrote "This Is It" I think!!! Did you see that?? Taraborrelli made it clear that when he's done with something he's done--especially when he thinks that it's toxic. Don King made the comment that "With Michael you're always on trail...!!!". Those London shows were destined for failure, he knew it and I'm sure that there were disasterous things happening behind the scenes that we would've never imagined. I guess it's pretty coincidental that the person who did the press conference at the 02 Arena (whom I doubt was MJ), was in some way tipping us for what was yet to come.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

July 02, 2010, 02:41:35 AM
Yes, I read both Magic, Madness, The Whole Story and Moonwalker. I remember it talking about both those...I just wish I remembered something OTHER than that... :? :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[size=150]We didn\'t lose Michael, we just can\'t find him.[/size]

"Everyone loved Michael, we all loved him, but I mean, look what we did..." --Gladys Knight

OMG!!!!
July 03, 2010, 03:47:52 AM
Alot of what Taraborrelli says in his book is questionable but it was no secret that he was the King of Hoaxes and pranks. He was infatuated with PT Barnum's theories and philosophies, and that he wanted his career to be "The Greatest Show On Earth". It was. This was the greatest escape ever!!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions