HazzelyTopic starter

This is ridiculous! What a shame!!! Poor Bubbles..

Michael Jackson's Chimp Bubbles Up For Adoption
Date: 02-Jul-2010      

Die-hard fans can now get a living, breathing piece of Michael Jackson memorabilia - by adopting his old companion Bubbles the chimpanzee.Now aged 26, the world famous ape is appealing for donations and sponsors direct from his pad at a Florida animal sanctuary.

It costs the centre $15,000 a year to keep the legendary singer's beloved former pet.For just $150 fans can sponsor Bubbles and, for a mere $10,000, can adopt him exclusively for one year.Staff at the Centre For Great Apes, in Wauchula, are hoping pet lovers will step forward with the funds Bubbles needs to comfortably spend the rest of his days there.

The charismatic chimp shot to fame when he was adopted from a Texas research facility by the tragic pop icon as a baby in 1983.Over the next six years, he wowed audiences by moonwalking on stage and even appeared in the star's music videos.Shortly after Jackson died last year, his sister La Toya visited Bubbles at the sanctuary for the first time in almost 20 years.

Bubbles has his own profile on the sanctuary's website, where he is described as "smart, distinctive and tender".
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
May your spirit keep the freedom of a butterfly in spring and your heart be filled always with the joys of simple things. May your essence claim the freshness of the new laid morning dew. All of this...and more...
Forever, http]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Wonder if MJ was paying for his expenses there. He was so generous with donating money for any cause, as we know. This place is either capitalizing on it's sudden fame or they really need the cash.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

So was this the reason for a last visit from LaToya?  Her pitch to show bubbles to the world?  What a damn shame.  I love you Michael Jackson.  Keep the faith :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

Quote from: "hesouttamylife"
So was this the reason for a last visit from LaToya?  Her pitch to show bubbles to the world?  What a damn shame.  I love you Michael Jackson.  Keep the faith :(

The timing seems suspicious doesn't it. But it does take a lot of money to care for these animals properly so it could be that they saw the opportunity to have people reach out. I don't mind helping if it's for a good cause and this seems like one. We might even read where an "anonymous donor - aka Michael" gives the money needed to support Bubbles comfortably. It's worth watching.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

Zen

If Michael Jackson did not provide some type of trust or funding when
he gave up Bubbles, my respect just dropped a notch. Sorry!
I would hope that being the case or the Estate or family is helping
with the care.  I will contact this sanctuary and find out!

IF the sanctuary really do need funds for support, that speak for itself,
but if they too are using Bubbles to solicit funds, that need to be made
public.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

luchy

In 2003, Mike has shown in the documentary "Living With Michael Jackson", by journalist Martin Bashir, who had to send to a shrine Bubbles because he had become aggressive. he was afraid to hurt the children
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Michael Jackson
No matter how small we may be, nothing is too big for us, when we are connected with the light.

Zen

by luchy » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:52 am
In 2003, Mike has shown in the documentary "Living With Michael Jackson", by journalist Martin Bashir, who had to send to a shrine Bubbles because he had become aggressive. he was afraid to hurt the children

You are correct and Mike was correct to  place the chimp. Adult chimps
can get aggressive and captivity goes again their nature at breeding
age.  Can you remember story of the chimp that tore the lady face
off?
Bubble was taken at young age, practically rescued, but did not deserve
to be deserted without monetary help because chimpanzees live
a long life.  Michael was only family he had attached to.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

This story don't seem right.  First of all Bubbles is too big and agressive for someone to adopt.  The lady even said that on the Animal planet special about Bubbles and MJ.  That's why MJ let Bubbles go because he was getting too agressive.  Latoya said that Bubbles started slapping people.  He could slap someone hard enough to knock them out cold.  Even Quincy Jone's daughter Rashida said on tv that Bubbles bit her.  He needs to be in the wild with other chimps.  So by adoption do they mean sponsor Bubbles?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "msteetee34"
This story don't seem right.  First of all Bubbles is too big and agressive for someone to adopt.  The lady even said that on the Animal planet special about Bubbles and MJ.  That's why MJ let Bubbles go because he was getting too agressive.  Latoya said that Bubbles started slapping people.  He could slap someone hard enough to knock them out cold.  Even Quincy Jone's daughter Rashida said on tv that Bubbles bit her.  He needs to be in the wild with other chimps.  So by adoption do they mean sponsor Bubbles?

I took it to mean sponsor but maybe there is another meaning to this story.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal