ok,

i was watching bits and bobs of "this is it" with some of my younger relatives.

kids are impatient, so i was fast forwarding quite a bit and as i have seen the movie many times i was just focussing on the actual scenes playing rather than taking the movie in as a whole.

from the after credits scene we know mj said he will come back in his own time. then we also have the black and white scenes where mj is copied in and the character is someone faking his death.

well i was watching thriller, which probably would have been one of mj's most important piece in terms of dancing and use of the stage (billie jean tends to focus on mj himself rather than the stage) and thus would have been centre stage of the concert.

ok, so in the "this is it" version of thriller we get the previously unreleased (or for us fans rare) vincent price verse, which mj would have known would have drawn attention.

so we get this verse (hey look this is new) and immediately after that we get a resurrection scene (like in ghosts) and immediately after that we get a stark cut off to the song threatened.

new verse (bam) > resurrection > threatened

i mean this is pretty clear cut, which out thinking around corners.

the spider in thriller also represents resurrection. i don't really understand why it needed to be there other than for a symbolical reason

alongside the other two hints, this is keeping me on the edge.

and as i have posted before (even thought i don't post a lot), i think the amount of money spent on "this is it" is well out of proportion for a series of concerts.

they wouldn't have made much money just by selling concerts tickets.

i was also reading about the ticket reselling. the vast majority of the "this is it" tickets were on reseller websites within 5 minutes of the sales hotline closing. the main reseller website is also owned by an aeg subsidiary.

i got through on the phone 15 times and on the web 20 times in the 4 hrs that the sales were open and was always told at the last minute that the tickets are gone.

this clearly shows that aeg wanted to resell the tickets in the first place bypassing mj completely in terms of ticket revenue sharing.

so count me in on the mj had enough of situation and wanted out.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
I was just examining the cover of the DVD and realised that most of the pics of MJ are airbrushed...  and yes, it is full of clues.  I remember reading somewhere, that many  tickets were kept to be scapelled by AEG...I think it was Leonard Rowe who said that in the interview with Joe jackson on Larry King Live...You have a valid point regarding the cost of such a production.  Maybe that's why AEG decided to increase the concerts to make a profit.  But this way, MJ didn't even have to perform at all, and the movie still generated heaps of dollars and has restored his image, not only as a performer, but as a filmaker, architect, creative genius and great artist...

I had a dream about three black spiders last night...I didn't know it meant ressurection...xoxoxoxox
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I don't know if I can get on board with that idea.  If true, why would he (or his family) then sign a 250 million dollar deal with AEG and Sony to release more music?  Why would they invite Kenny Ortega and other execs to the funeral and/or memorial service.  I feel like if the hoax is real, Sony/AEG has to be in on it.  Thoughts?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

Quote from: "speeddemon"
i was also reading about the ticket reselling. the vast majority of the "this is it" tickets were on reseller websites within 5 minutes of the sales hotline closing. the main reseller website is also owned by an aeg subsidiary.

i got through on the phone 15 times and on the web 20 times in the 4 hrs that the sales were open and was always told at the last minute that the tickets are gone.

this clearly shows that aeg wanted to resell the tickets in the first place bypassing mj completely in terms of ticket revenue sharing.

This is interesting! I've always been bothered about the fraud aspect of MJ selling tickets (i.e. making money) for concerts that he never intended to do. But your post makes me wonder if any tickets were actually sold at all!  If AEG sidelined the vast majority and subsequently didn't sell them (because they knew there wasn't going to be any concerts) that means they are in on the hoax, or if they did in fact sell them, bypassing MJ's share, doesn't that put them in deep doo-doo??!

Any thoughts on this anyone?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

Quote from: "curls"
Quote from: "speeddemon"

This is interesting! I've always been bothered about the fraud aspect of MJ selling tickets (i.e. making money) for concerts that he never intended to do. But your post makes me wonder if any tickets were actually sold at all!  If AEG sidelined the vast majority and subsequently didn't sell them (because they knew there wasn't going to be any concerts) that means they are in on the hoax, or if they did in fact sell them, bypassing MJ's share, doesn't that put them in deep doo-doo??!

Any thoughts on this anyone?

this was brought up a little earlier but did not get a lot of attention. we had wondered how many people were actually able to get their hands on tickets. i wonder if the info tt is asking to be made public would reveal proceeds from the ticket sales specifically?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

It would be interesting to find out how many of us (or our friends, family members etc.) managed to really physically GET the tickets.

If we assume that AEG knew the concerts were not gonna happen (and they didn't put all the tickets into circulation), what would be the point in arranging the 50 concerts instead of 10? That'd only make sense if they really wanted to make money off Mike, at any cost, in which case it would have been in their own interest to sell as many tickets as possible. Do I make sense? It just isn't logical, something's not right here.

But if AEG pushed Mike to do 50 shows (which is what we were told but can't really prove) then I'm sure they DID try to sell ALL tickets. If AEG is involved in the hoax (which we still don't know) they'd do anything Mike told them to do, including the 50-show frame-up. And this is the part I don't get...did Mike want to prove to everyone he could still sell so many tickets before he hoaxed his death? Did he only pretend to be a victim of AEG/Sony? But Sony surely wanted his catalog. So is he just taking revenge? Did he sign on purpose, knowing AEG would lose it all?
If AEG was so evil, why did the family contract with them in connection with TII? It just gets more and more complicated...Add your thoughts..my head is starting to ache.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

Quote from: "chloead505"
It would be interesting to find out how many of us (or our friends, family members etc.) managed to really physically GET the tickets.

If we assume that AEG knew the concerts were not gonna happen (and they didn't put all the tickets into circulation), what would be the point in arranging the 50 concerts instead of 10? That'd only make sense if they really wanted to make money off Mike, at any cost, in which case it would have been in their own interest to sell as many tickets as possible. Do I make sense? It just isn't logical, something's not right here.

But if AEG pushed Mike to do 50 shows (which is what we were told but can't really prove) then I'm sure they DID try to sell ALL tickets. If AEG is involved in the hoax (which we still don't know) they'd do anything Mike told them to do, including the 50-show frame-up. And this is the part I don't get...did Mike want to prove to everyone he could still sell so many tickets before he hoaxed his death? Did he only pretend to be a victim of AEG/Sony? But Sony surely wanted his catalog. So is he just taking revenge? Did he sign on purpose, knowing AEG would lose it all? If AEG was so evil, why did the family contract with them in connection with TII? It just gets more and more complicated...Add your thoughts..my head is starting to ache.

makes you wonder if he could have found a way .
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

liegi

Yes, and why was AEG involved in the Memorial and the Burial?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "liegi"
Yes, and why was AEG involved in the Memorial and the Burial?

Exactly.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kim

from the after credits scene we know mj said he will come back in his own time.

Why would he say that if the concerts were already planned? :?:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Another very good point, Kim! Things just aren't adding up!
IMO, Mike knew he wasn't gonna do the shows when he said that line from TII (I'll be back in my own time).
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kim

IMO, Mike knew he wasn't gonna do the shows when he said that line from TII (I'll be back in my own time).

Yeah, if he knew he wasn't gonna do the shows, or he was gonna do the shows, it's just odd to say something like that. I think Michael was never intended to do 50 concerts. It is also strange that I never heard again about the fans that have received money back from the concert tickets. Maybe there's something coming up? Maybe that's why the fans still haven't received no money back? Just a thought  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "Kim"

Yeah, if he knew he wasn't gonna do the shows, or he was gonna do the shows, it's just odd to say something like that. I think Michael was never intended to do 50 concerts. It is also strange that I never heard again about the fans that have received money back from the concert tickets. Maybe there's something coming up? Maybe that's why the fans still haven't received no money back? Just a thought  ;)

I've got to find out about the ticket refund. I've got the memo ticket cause I wanted to keep it. But I will ask my friend who asked for refund, I think :!:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

Thanks for posting everyone - I don't think we're anywhere near uncovering the truth about this issue yet! It's a tangled web indeed.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I can't remember where i read it but...what i read said that AEG offered refunds on the tickets but claimed the majority of fans didn't want a refund. and they said u would find the tickets being being sold on ebay for a profit....sounds like  a nice cop out to me...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions