No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: MJFanForeverAndADay 6/18/10
June 18, 2010, 11:42:45 PM
Thanks for posting this Jill - that was a great video! She makes some very interesting observations.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

Hazzely

June 19, 2010, 03:42:45 AM
Some info about that commercial:

Sony's make.believe EYE CANDY

Superfad’s new in-store campaign for Sony is a startlingly beautiful and surreal homage to Sony’s global brand message of “make.believe” and a tribute to the pleasure of “Eye Candy”. Unfolding in three parts, “Birth of Color,” “Explosion of Color,” and “Release of Color,” the project was directed and produced by Superfad and will be seen in stores and trade shows throughout the world.

The concept was inspired by the idea that from one’s imagination anything is possible. Drawing from the theatrical world of fashion photography, Superfad chose moments of visual drama and magic, with spherical objects representing the dot in “make.believe” as a connecting through-line.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Interview with Superfad’s Carlos Stevens
What was the creative approach to this project?

The creative approach defined by Sony and Will Hyde was to use high-speed photography to display the dynamic color and value range of the new line of Sony televisions. It was assumed from the very beginning of the project that it would be heavily live action mixed with a minimal amount of effects.

In the end, we went a little heavier on the effects than we had originally planned, partially because it is difficult to find a blossoming apple tree in the middle of January. We also have a difficult time bottling our imaginations into something that can be entirely captured in camera.

What was most compelling creative aspect?

The most compelling creative aspect of the job was the brief, which was presented to us as “it needs to be colorful and surreal.” Once we learned the open-ended creative nature of the job, Will and I had a field day coming up with ideas and interesting ways of combining high-speed photography with visual effects.

What hardware/software was used?

The heavy lifting of the job was done in Photoshop, Maya, After Effects and Flame, but we also used Nuke, 3d Studio Max, Real Flow, Cinema 4d and PF Track for some specific tasks.

What was the overall process?

Will Hyde was one of the directors approached by Sony during the pitching process, and he delivered a solo treatment that won us the job. It was loosely based on the use of high-speed photography and vivid imagery.

Once we were awarded the job based on Will’s treatment, I began talking to him about developing concepts in line with the project brief. We both spent several weeks researching and developing ideas for all of the ways we could exploit high-speed photography and surrealism combined together.

It was fun stitching ideas together to create loose stories that had visually stunning pay-offs. Together with our production designer, Jason Puccinelli, we spent some much needed time engineering and testing the props that we used for many of the effects. We did a four day shoot in L.A. where we really started to see the magic of this thing come together. We had both a Phantom and a WeissCam framed up on most of the shots, and we also shot with the Sony F35. At the end of the project, I believe five different models of cameras were used.

Will and I spent the following two weeks directing a team of artists to produce the final spots.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ( + behind the scenes)
Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 06:23:44 PM by Hazzely
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
May your spirit keep the freedom of a butterfly in spring and your heart be filled always with the joys of simple things. May your essence claim the freshness of the new laid morning dew. All of this...and more...
Forever, http]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

June 19, 2010, 10:48:40 AM
Great video thanks for posting.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Loud

June 19, 2010, 12:26:22 PM
The video is not bad BUT Michael Jackson is not behind everything.

We must consider the really huge possibility that many things just simply might be inspired by MJ and most of the things were allready before Michael out there. I think the whole video is an overinterpretation about Michael being involved in everything. God this man hasn´t even time to breath when he did everything the "hoax" community now has found out. :roll:

Well put together but I think that people read too much into everything what has slight connection to Michael withought knowing anything. This interpretation is just a guess not real evidence to me.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 19, 2010, 02:13:27 PM
This video is amazing like always. All of videos are always really good. She is amazing at picking up on this that most people don't see.

@loud- I don't think its reading too much into anything. She presented everything as fact and not guessing. Everything that she posted is able to be verified just by using google.

This is a hoax investigation so everything should be proper analyzed and Maura has done an amazing job yet again.

I think that you are reaching when you say that people assume Michael is behind "everything". Of course he isn't behind everything, but is it far fetched that he would be behind Sony Make.Believe?

Of course not. Why wouldn't he be?

Aside from that she told us in Tiny that this is only the second of many videos to come about this campaign and commercial. So, I think that we need to reserve judgement before anything else.

I'm just looking forward to the next!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions