HazzelyTopic starter

TMZ's Harvey Levin On Jackson Scoop
June 16, 2010, 10:32:50 AM
Just found this, delete if already posted

TMZ's Harvey Levin On Jackson Scoop: "We Just Beat Everybody On This One... Too Bad, So Sad" (VIDEO)
Huffington Post   |  Nicholas Graham First Posted: 07- 6-09 10:50 AM   |   Updated: 08- 6-09 05:12 AM

TMZ scooped the traditional media when it broke the news of Michael Jackson's death, and has been steadily earning more respect as it forges its own path among the mainstream media. CNN's Don Lemon interviewed TMZ founder Harvey Levin about his ambitious media company and their big scoop.

Lemon: You broke the story before the time of death from the coroner.
Harvey: Well, before it was officially announced. We really knew this significantly before even what was going on, but this was, you know, crossing every t. We were positive when we put it up. We put it up when we were 100% positive.
Asked by Lemon how he feels when mainstream outlets rely on TMZ reporting and yet are reluctant to cite or link to him, Levin dismisses the question as one he's not interested in. He says his only interest is in the story:

"I think what happened is that again we just beat everybody on this one. And there are people who feel like wow we should have gotten that. Well, too bad, so sad."

Lemon on Sunday went on CNN's Reliable Sources You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, calling critics "elitist" and Jackson an "accidental civil rights leader."
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
May your spirit keep the freedom of a butterfly in spring and your heart be filled always with the joys of simple things. May your essence claim the freshness of the new laid morning dew. All of this...and more...
Forever, http]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Re: TMZ's Harvey Levin On Jackson Scoop
June 16, 2010, 10:41:03 AM
They knew significantly before even what was going on?  :lol:  Doesn't make sense. But I suppose that's the best he could come up with. He couldn't exactly say.."yeah Michael Jackson called me and confirmed that he died". hahaha.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

June 16, 2010, 10:41:27 AM
THANKS UNCLE HARVEY NOW WE KNOW U KNEW EVEN BEFORE ANYONE EVEN BEFORE IT HAPPENED GEE...... :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

HazzelyTopic starter

June 16, 2010, 10:51:23 AM
Found this also: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
May your spirit keep the freedom of a butterfly in spring and your heart be filled always with the joys of simple things. May your essence claim the freshness of the new laid morning dew. All of this...and more...
Forever, http]

suspicious mind

June 16, 2010, 11:21:13 AM
Quote from: "Hazzely"

TMZ's Harvey Levin On Jackson Scoop: "We Just Beat Everybody On This One... Too Bad, So Sad" (VIDEO)
Huffington Post   |  Nicholas Graham First Posted: 07- 6-09 10:50 AM   |   Updated: 08- 6-09 05:12 AM

TMZ scooped the traditional media when it broke the news of Michael Jackson's death, and has been steadily earning more respect as it forges its own path among the mainstream media. CNN's Don Lemon interviewed TMZ founder Harvey Levin about his ambitious media company and their big scoop.

Lemon: You broke the story before the time of death from the coroner.
Harvey: Well, before it was officially announced. We really knew this significantly before even what was going on, but this was, you know, crossing every t. We were positive when we put it up. We put it up when we were 100% positive.
Asked by Lemon how he feels when mainstream outlets rely on TMZ reporting and yet are reluctant to cite or link to him, Levin dismisses the question as one he's not interested in. He says his only interest is in the story:

"I think what happened is that again we just beat everybody on this one. And there are people who feel like wow we should have gotten that. Well, too bad, so sad."

Lemon on Sunday went on CNN's Reliable Sources You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, calling critics "elitist" and Jackson an "accidental civil rights leader."
[/color]

why does this stand out to me more that the part about harvey and tmz? ok ok  after just cuz she's nuts :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

~Souza~

June 16, 2010, 11:27:18 AM
Here is another interesting interview with uncle Harve:

[youtube:a4t02402]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI-Xpc_NDZM[/youtube:a4t02402]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 16, 2010, 11:37:09 AM
Okay, doctors haven't pronounced Mj dead yet, and TMZ waited to be positive, to be 100% positive he is dead and then break out the news. How did they found out first????????

I think MJ called from LAX  saying '' Harvey, I took off, so now you can break out the news, I will call you later, they are just serving lunch, bye......'' :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 16, 2010, 11:49:23 AM
Lmao this is great hasnt half made me giggle and smile hahahahha I have been feeling a bit sad about michael recently  and a lot of people are starting to give up on it but when we go back to the start it always reminds me that their are just TOO MANY coincidences and mishaps we have all come too far w cant give up now michael needs us..Honestly I dont think he will be back yet 1 year s too soon THIS IS HUGE a year is too early  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 16, 2010, 12:27:01 PM
Quote from: "Michaelangela"
Okay, doctors haven't pronounced Mj dead yet, and TMZ waited to be positive, to be 100% positive he is dead and then break out the news. How did they found out first????????

I think MJ called from LAX  saying '' Harvey, I took off, so now you can break out the news, I will call you later, they are just serving lunch, bye......'' :lol:
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 16, 2010, 04:46:57 PM
Quote from: "cin_pyt"
THANKS UNCLE HARVEY NOW WE KNOW U KNEW EVEN BEFORE ANYONE EVEN BEFORE IT HAPPENED GEE...... :lol:

Jermaine's list of to-do's before going to the media:
1) fix hair (check)
2) rehearse the speech (check)
3) make sure the time of death that Michael wants is listed (check)
4) change clothes (check)
5) fix hair again (check)
6) turn gladness into sadness (check)
7) ....oh and call Harvey

Okay - I think we're ready!  :P
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

paula-c

June 16, 2010, 07:11:22 PM
Michaelangela wrote:

I think MJ called from LAX saying '' Harvey, I took off, so now you can break out the news, I will call you later, they are just serving lunch, bye......''

Yes, that's what happened :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 16, 2010, 11:49:32 PM
Quote from: Hazzely

Boy, this statement says it all for me.  So, that is your plan.  I am glad I see it now.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love who\'d think I\'d find
Someone like you to call mine

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
------Michael Jackson

Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. --Oscar Wilde

June 16, 2010, 11:59:41 PM
wait. didn't TMZ post michael "died" minutes before he was officially declared "dead." so they were 100% positive that he died and put that up before he actually "died." nice try harvey.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yeah we're all wonderful, wonderful people
so when did we all get so fearful?
and now we're finally finding our voices
so take a chance, come help me sing this

suspicious mind

June 17, 2010, 09:57:09 AM
can i ask a question? i have noticed since this all started people from on network news agencies interview people from other networks just as in this instance. is that common? geraldo at one point had nancy grace.i remember her commenting that she had thought micheal was guilty in the molestation trial. now i don 't know if that means going in and coming out but to me it is all kind of not right. yeah i know. back to the cell. :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal