Quote from: "LadyMedic"
Quote from: "thecheetoman2004"
Maybe this article is TMZ's way of telling us what REALLY happened on the 25th of June:

Randy (MJ) went to the hospital because of chest pains (cardiac arrest) but he was ok (mj was ok...ALIVE).

Just sayin'. It's what I got from the article. Might be totally wrong, but..meh :D

He did not go into cardiac arrest!!! He was having chest pain.  :D

I didn't say that Randy went into cardiac arrest. I was showing the similarities between what happene to MJ and what happened to Randy.

Randy went to the hospital because of chest pains but he was ok.

It could be telling us that

MICHAEL went to the hospital because of CARDIAC ARREST but he was ok.

Just switching the words. I DID NOT say that Randy went into cardiac arrest.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Let me bathe in my own time when I come back in. I\'m gonna button my shirt or my jacket or whatever it is. I\'m gonna look around a little bit, play with them. Snap my fingers maybe, then BAM!"

There is a difference between "heart attack" and "cardiac arrest"

A heart attack occurs when the supply of blood and oxygen to an area of heart muscle is blocked, usually by a clot in a coronary artery

Cardiac arrest is the sudden, abrupt loss of heart function.   Basically it means the heart has stopped..  

A heart attack is can be followed, and can be the cause, of cardiac arrest.. .  but many factors can cause the heart to stop (cardiac arrest) - with MJ we are told the cause of his cardiac arrest was Propofol saturation which led to him stopping breathing, and then his heart stopped.

You need to be aware that Heart Attack and Cardiac Arrest are two seperate issues.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "LadyMedic"
Maybe this article is TMZ's way of telling us what REALLY happened on the 25th of June:

Randy (MJ) went to the hospital because of chest pains (cardiac arrest) but he was ok (mj was ok...ALIVE).

Just sayin'. It's what I got from the article. Might be totally wrong, but..meh :D

He did not go into cardiac arrest!!! He was having chest pain.  :D

I didn't say that Randy went into cardiac arrest. I was showing the similarities between what happene to MJ and what happened to Randy.

Randy went to the hospital because of chest pains but he was ok.

It could be telling us that

MICHAEL went to the hospital because of CARDIAC ARREST but he was ok.

Just switching the words. I DID NOT say that Randy went into cardiac arrest.
I totally get what you were doing now!! I'm sorry  :oops:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

What causes cardiac arrest?

The most common underlying reason for patients to die suddenly from cardiac arrest is coronary heart disease. Most cardiac arrests that lead to sudden death occur when the electrical impulses in the diseased heart become rapid (ventricular tachycardia) or chaotic (ventricular fibrillation) or both. This irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia) causes the heart to suddenly stop beating. Some cardiac arrests are due to extreme slowing of the heart. This is called bradycardia.

Other factors besides heart disease and heart attack can cause cardiac arrest. They include respiratory arrest, electrocution, drowning, choking and trauma. Cardiac arrest can also occur without any known cause.

Can cardiac arrest be reversed?

Brain death and permanent death start to occur in just 4 to 6 minutes after someone experiences cardiac arrest. Cardiac arrest can be reversed if it's treated within a few minutes with an electric shock to the heart to restore a normal heartbeat. This process is called defibrillation. A victim's chances of survival are reduced by 7 to 10 percent with every minute that passes without CPR and defibrillation. Few attempts at resuscitation succeed after 10 minutes.

How many people survive cardiac arrest?

No statistics are available for the exact number of cardiac arrests that occur each year. It's estimated that more than 95 percent of cardiac arrest victims die before reaching the hospital. In cities where defibrillation is provided within 5 to 7 minutes, the survival rate from sudden cardiac arrest is as high as 30–45 percent.

What can be done to increase the survival rate?

Early CPR and rapid defibrillation combined with early advanced care can result in high long-term survival rates for witnessed cardiac arrest. For instance, in June 1999, automated external defibrillators (AEDs) were mounted 1 minute apart in plain view at Chicago's O'Hare and Midway airports. In the first 10 months, 14 cardiac arrests occurred, with 12 of the 14 victims in ventricular fibrillation. Nine of the 14 victims (64 percent) were revived with an AED and had no brain damage.

If bystander CPR was initiated more consistently, if AEDs were more widely available, and if every community could achieve a 20 percent cardiac arrest survival rate, an estimated 40,000 more lives could be saved each year. Death from sudden cardiac arrest is not inevitable. If more people react quickly by calling 9-1-1 and performing CPR, more lives can be saved.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal