You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Patients speak out for Jackson's doctor on eve of license hearing

By Ted Rowlands and Michael Cary, CNN
June 13, 2010 11:05 p.m. EDT
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
Hearing Monday on motion to suspend California medical license of Dr. Conrad Murray
Murray is charged with involuntary manslaughter in connection with death of Michael Jackson
The cardiologist's patients at his two clinics say he should keep license
"He's still helping me," says one patient

Las Vegas, Nevada (CNN) -- A California judge is slated to hear arguments Monday on a motion to suspend Dr. Conrad Murray's medical license while he faces criminal charges in the death of Michael Jackson.

Meanwhile, patients at Murray's Houston, Texas, and Las Vegas, Nevada, clinics tell CNN that the cardiologist should keep his license because, they say, he saves lives.

"I had a heart attack 10 years ago and he saved my life," said Gerry Cause, who says he drives a 320-mile round trip for his appointments at Murray's Las Vegas clinic. "He's the most compassionate man. He loves his patients."

"Dr. Murray is a good doctor, a very good doctor," said Ransom Craddock, who says he was among the first of Murray's cardiology patients at his Houston clinic when it opened. "We stand together with him in this community."

They will be paying close attention to a hearing in the case on Monday when a Los Angeles judge will listen to arguments about pulling Murray's medical license in California. If that happens, Murray's attorneys say, Nevada and Texas are likely to follow suit.

"The questions the medical boards have is whether or not they have a doctor on their hands that's a threat to public safety, and he's just not," said Charles Peckham, Murray's civil attorney. "He's a good doctor. He's a benefit to his patients. He's a benefit to public health."

Murray was charged with involuntary manslaughter in February for providing Jackson with propofol -- a sleeping agent typically used for sedation during surgeries. According to the Los Angeles Coroner's Office, Jackson died of "propofol intoxication."

A court brief filed on behalf of the California Medical Board states: "the Board has pointed out it is not just his 'prescribing' practices that are in question, but his fundamental judgment and skill as a physician."

But Dennis Hix, another heart surgery patient of Dr. Murray's, told CNN, "It's just a shame what's going on."

"Everybody's innocent until proven guilty. He should be allowed to practice. He's still helping me, and I don't want to see him go nowhere," Hix said.

A contingent of Murray's supporters plan a rally at a Houston church on Monday, and some patients from Las Vegas say they plan to drive to Los Angeles during the trial to counter the Michael Jackson fans who show up at hearings waving signs calling the doctor a killer.

"He's one of the most compassionate people I've ever met. I just can't see him being the person he's painted to be," said J.D. Nicholas, who's not only a patient of Murray's but also a member of the group The Commodores, and who knew Michael Jackson.

"I think he should continue to practice. He takes good care of me. I'm in great health thanks to Dr. Murray."
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love who\'d think I\'d find
Someone like you to call mine

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
------Michael Jackson

Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. --Oscar Wilde

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
Ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaasssssssssseeeeeeeee  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RK

Murray has another celebrity [well faded celebrity] patient in Nicholas from the Commodores. Interesting that these guys were hugh at motown during the 70's and were there at the same time as J5.
Is it just me or do the patient names listed here sound weird to anyone else? Ransom Craddock?  Also strange that a patient is willing to travel 360 miles to see a specific doctor. More info to go into my just gets weirder file.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Le Murray na plus de permis

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

new video with Dr.Murray

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

He could be innocent.  Just saying.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

RK Well if you think that the names are strange .. everything seems very well-organized. ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions