No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

What does white-face mime mean or what is that?
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Let\'s not forget...

Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 05:22:38 AM by White_Orchid
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

we have mime at our church and it has nothing to do with racist I don't know where this came but it I know for a fact racism never came up I think it just makeup wear by the performer.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 05:23:07 AM by White_Orchid
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "White_Orchid"
Quote from: "deedee75"
we have mime at our church and it has nothing to do with racist I don't know where this came but it I know for a fact racism never came up I think it just makeup wear by the performer.

Seriously, I am very interested in your reply.  Would you please explain to me how you believe that 'white-face' mime is not racist_for a fact?

What you have any objections to 'white-people' putting on 'black-face' and reviving the Jim Crow mime?

:?:
for my me it's more of what mime looks like every mime I have seen have white face paint that why I don't think it's about racism it just a form of dance to praise the Lord for as the white-people putting on black-face it's does not bother me I guess because I know who I am and is proud to be black and racism does not hurt me this is how I feel  and yes I see racism on tv and yes it is here where I live but still I don't give it enery to let grow inside of me and if I see thing that I think is racist I keep moving and not feed into it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 05:23:31 AM by White_Orchid
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WTF? Why all of a sudden is all this stuff about race and religion coming up? First the NOI was brought up, now this whole mime thing, which if anyone knows anything about mimes they all paint their faces white. Seems like the blacks have been having negative stuff being said on this bored to try to change americans views again or start a freaking race riot. People don't listen to this B.S. :evil:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Anyway, whatever side it comes from, we should never give opportunities for racism to develop...Don't let ANGER fulfill your hearts.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Do not push the carebear in the nettles

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Quote from: "White_Orchid"
Thank you deedee75, I appreciated your reply.  Let's take religion out of it for a moment.

Were you offended to see Obama in white-face?

[youtube:dgll8y5w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GStMLFMdRcQ&feature=related[/youtube:dgll8y5w]
no because that what they want to hurt and upset people so I don't even give then a chance to when I see and hear thing like this I just keep moving and not give them power to hurt me because I know that who we are.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wilds

WTF?!?!?! ALL MIMES WEAR WHITE FACE! They're dancing and expressing themselves through the Holy Spirit without using words so it is like MIMING! This is one of the most ignorant posts I have ever read on this forum. Please stop this foolishness now. The white face paint worn on the Praise Dancers / Praise Mimes has absolutely nothing to do with the white people! It is a form of art.

My GOD help us LORD JESUS.

Michael Jackson and French mime Marcel Marceau pose during a photo op at the Beacon Theater in New York
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
Religion again..........this topic is too hot to touch, but at least it brings awareness that the topic of racism is still very touchy and still alive........please respect eachother ......

This is a picture of Michael with white makeup...........does that make him racist or "White-face" too???
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "wilds"
WTF?!?!?! ALL MIMES WEAR WHITE FACE! They're dancing and expressing themselves through the Holy Spirit without using words so it is like MIMING! This is one of the most ignorant posts I have ever read on this forum. Please stop this foolishness now. The white face paint worn on the Praise Dancers / Praise Mimes has absolutely nothing to do with the white people! It is a form of art.

My GOD help us LORD JESUS.

Michael Jackson and French mime Marcel Marceau pose during a photo op at the Beacon Theater in New York
well said
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Okay first of all there is no such thing as white face mime.  Secondly, white people who are mimers wear white paint on their faces as well.  So I don't understand what you are trying to say.  White paint is used to show up the facial expressions while miming.  Black paint is also used on the eyebrows and lips.  It's a form of expression and creativity.  This is in no way racist.  I am very offended by this because I happen to be on a  mime praise and dance team.  We're all about doing God's ministry to all cultures.  There are all nationalities at my church and no one is offended by it.  Now for black face that was indeed a form of mockery to black people back in the day.  White entertainers would wear black face and put white paint on their lips to make them look really huge.  They were making fun of black people.  So before you post something like this you need to get your facts right and use some tact.  It's hurtful as a black woman that you would even compare the two.  I can't even believe that you would quote MJ and say that the black churches that do this need to make a change.  I'm sorry but this post is very ignorant and SHOULD BE CLOSED!  Hello even MJ himself loved mime as we see in the photo posted above with a white mimer wearing white face paint.  You basically just offended every black person I'm sure on this web site.  I pray that God will open your eyes and give you a serious wake up call.
Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 01:17:17 AM by msteetee34
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions