:: Prince Slips Up??? ::
June 12, 2010, 02:44:37 PM
Ok, I know he is just a child, and you could see he was incredibly nervous and new to public speaking, but at the 2010 Grammy Awards when Prince was giving the thank-you speech, it seems he is talking directly to Michael.

"... we would also like to thank your fa- the fans.."

But then again, Prince is the ONLY one that Ive heard pretty much talk about Michael in the past tense, talking about how Michael "lovED" his fans... idk this is all so odd :(

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"...it was cloudy before, but now its all clear - you suddenly appeared"

Re: :: Prince Slips Up??? ::
June 12, 2010, 03:11:33 PM
If it was a rehearsed speech they would have rehearsed it with "loved" instead of "loves", right? I thought Prince and Paris both did a great job but their speeches, especially Paris', didn't make sense by itself. They had double meaning. Just my opinion.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

June 12, 2010, 03:25:06 PM
I know when i heard that speech and watched it several times over online you could tell they were speaking directly to Michael. The "I love you daddy" by Paris was typical Paris. She is daddy's little girl and wants to please him.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Speechless, Speechless, That\'s how you make me feel!!!
I Love You now and forever Michael

June 12, 2010, 03:30:35 PM
Quote from: "MJmakesmespeechless"
I know when i heard that speech and watched it several times over online you could tell they were speaking directly to Michael. The "I love you daddy" by Paris was typical Paris. She is daddy's little girl and wants to please him.

But then also, the "I love you daddy" means nothing to me because I lost my father only a few months apart from Michael, and I tell him I love him all the time. In his eulogy that I wrote I tell him I love him more than anything and I thank him many times. I almost never talked about him in the past tense because I felt like I was disrespecting or forgetting or doing something wrong, -like I felt like it was making him more "gone" but saying that, or that he wasn't as important if I spoke of him like he was dead.. even though he was and is. ..and I wanted and still want to keep his memory alive, and it just feels wrong to refer to him like that. I still do it sometimes but not as much as when it was still super new. I understand why they speak about him like this because I am experiencing it with my own father, but everything else just seems bizarre to me.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mumof3

June 12, 2010, 03:36:15 PM
Me too my mother passed away 13 years ago I still talk about her like she is here it is to painfull not too
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 12, 2010, 03:37:42 PM
To me it just LOOKED like they were speaking to their father like he truly is here and not "gone". Just me but one of those things

I totally realize people talk to people that really have passed on. But to come out and say it on tv looking into the camera. I think if she was talking to his spirit she would have looked up and maybe closed her eyes or something. Just me though. That is what i think
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Speechless, Speechless, That\'s how you make me feel!!!
I Love You now and forever Michael

June 12, 2010, 03:43:40 PM
Quote from: "MJmakesmespeechless"
To me it just LOOKED like they were speaking to their father like he truly is here and not "gone". Just me but one of those things

I totally realize people talk to people that really have passed on. But to come out and say it on tv looking into the camera. I think if she was talking to his spirit she would have looked up and maybe closed her eyes or something. Just me though. That is what i think

Yes I agree with this part, and the way Prince said YOUR fans and then quickly said THE fans made me have to do a double take. It seemed like after that mistake he kinda fumbled through the rest of it as he was so nervous. But then if he was reading a monitor, the word YOUR is followed soon after as he was supposed to thank THE fans for YOUR support, so maybe he got it confused, idk, it was just odd to me.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 13, 2010, 06:27:41 AM
Alright although this had been discussed before, but I have to say it again. After listening to Paris' speech again, I feel that it sounds kinda weird.  :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I still love him, although he\'s bad, he\'s dangerous & a smooth criminal! 

Stories buried and untold, somebody\'s hiding the truth - Cry

June 13, 2010, 03:59:45 PM
I did a double take during that speech and watched it a few times.  But I couldn't help but think Lionel Richie was being weird, when he said mj was gone too soon and smiling, I wanted to laugh out loud, cause I could have sworn I smelled a rat and it smelled real bad, like he KNEW something and was in on it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 15, 2010, 08:21:34 PM
Quote from: "GreenManMakeAChange"
I did a double take during that speech and watched it a few times.  But I couldn't help but think Lionel Richie was being weird, when he said mj was gone too soon and smiling, I wanted to laugh out loud, cause I could have sworn I smelled a rat and it smelled real bad, like he KNEW something and was in on it.

yea why the heck was he so damn happy looking  :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 15, 2010, 11:09:54 PM
yeah my friend and I laughed at him for days, though I also wondered if it was me still being in denial that's he's gone.  She totally believes the hoax, and I'm 50/50 on it cause it changes on and off whether I believe it or not, though there are too many strange things

And I had to watch what prince and paris were saying too and had to watch it a few times
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions