*Mo*

TV Guide Network to Premiere Michael Jackson Documentary Gone Too Soon
Jun 10, 2010 08:57 AM ET
by Joyce Eng

TV Guide Network will premiere a new Michael Jackson documentary, Gone Too Soon, on June 25 to mark the one-year anniversary of his death.

The two-hour special, which will air on the same day in more than 50 countries, comes from author and filmmaker Ian Halperin, who penned the 2009 New York Times best-selling book Unmasked: The Final Years of Michael Jackson. Culled from more than 300 hours of footage shot before and after Jackson's death, Gone Too Soon will focus on the end of Jackson's life, as recounted by those who were closest to him, including the singer's personal manager, chef, spiritual advisor, hairstylist and bodyguard. The film also includes exclusive audio and video of Jackson himself.

"I couldn't see Gone Too Soon airing on any other channel besides TV Guide Network," Halperin, who spent more than five years researching Jackson, said in a statement. "With the success they had with the Susan Boyle special, this proved to be the right home not only for the movie but also for my brand. I hope this is long-lasting relationship."

"Michael Jackson was the biggest entertainer in the world," said Diane Robina, executive vice president of programming and marketing at TV Guide Network. "A year after his death, people are still fascinated with his life story. We're thrilled to participate in this global media event by presenting this gripping documentary to his fans across the U.S."

Gone Too Soon premieres June 25 at 9/8c on TV Guide Network.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

No one should see what he writes or says or what he wants to make this garbage :evil:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

wilds

This is originally from You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. Please let tv guide know we do not want this trash aired!

Please send protest emails to the tvguide network and stop the documentary Gone Too Soon from airing on MJ's anniversary June 25.
We have to fight for MJ's legacy. Send your protest to : You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login , You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login , You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Here is an email copy you can send:

We request you to please stop airing Ian Halperin's documentary: Gone Too Soon on June 25. Ian Halperin has enriched himself with his book on Michael Jackson by spewing lies and speculations. June 25 is the first death anniversary of our beloved Michael Jackson. Please let us honor this great entertainer and humanitarian by not airing more controversial documentaries on Michael Jackson. We prefer to watch MJ's documentary:  This Is It.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thanks for that information.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "wilds"
This is originally from You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. Please let tv guide know we do not want this trash aired!

Please send protest emails to the tvguide network and stop the documentary Gone Too Soon from airing on MJ's anniversary June 25.
We have to fight for MJ's legacy. Send your protest to : You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login , You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login , You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Here is an email copy you can send:

We request you to please stop airing Ian Halperin's documentary: Gone Too Soon on June 25. Ian Halperin has enriched himself with his book on Michael Jackson by spewing lies and speculations. June 25 is the first death anniversary of our beloved Michael Jackson. Please let us honor this great entertainer and humanitarian by not airing more controversial documentaries on Michael Jackson. We prefer to watch MJ's documentary: This Is It.

It is done.  I have sent the above mentioned email to all the emails listed.  God bless you for the information. I am very tired of Mr. Halperin's lies against our beloved MJ.  I will not stop fighting for MJ.  MJ, baby, I love you so much and miss you more than words can express. You are always on my mind! xxxxxxx
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love who\'d think I\'d find
Someone like you to call mine

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
------Michael Jackson

Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. --Oscar Wilde

Oh, no no no no no!! Are all the fan forums protesting?! If they aren't, someone had better alert them, too!! That lying scumbag Halperin is NOT going to ruin June 25th with this nonsense!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "PinkTopaz"
Oh, no no no no no!! Are all the fan forums protesting?! If they aren't, someone had better alert them, too!! That lying scumbag Halperin is NOT going to ruin June 25th with this nonsense!

The only way he can ruin it is if you let him. Do what I'll be doing on the 25th, just simply don't watch it. But don't ban it from other people, someone may still want to watch it just because its about MJ whether it's bad or not.  :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

^ But he's poisoning MJ's image amongst the public and giving more fodder to those who hate him because of his "weird behavior!" We just can't have that this far down the hoax road, when he NEEDS all the support he can get!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "PinkTopaz"
^ But he's poisoning MJ's image amongst the public and giving more fodder to those who hate him because of his "weird behavior!" We just can't have that this far down the hoax road, when he NEEDS all the support he can get!

Well I haven't seen anything from this guy yet, though I do see your concern. Do you have like an article on some of the stuff this guy wrote by chance?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Alas, I don't, but at most non-hoax forums I've been to, everyone knows that he's nothing but a tabloid gossip-monger, and peeps were always advised not to pay attention to him..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

His book has already been out all year. Last fall when I first picked it up at my grocer, I flipped through and saw the stories of a couple of guys saying he visited them in hotel rooms for sex. :evil:  I felt so upset but what can you do. Now everyone has already seen all the Jason Pfieffer nonsense. So I don't see how this will make it worse. Didn't Jason say Michael had said he was his first male lover? And that was just 2 months before he died.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "MJonmind"
His book has already been out all year. Last fall when I first picked it up at my grocer, I flipped through and saw the stories of a couple of guys saying he visited them in hotel rooms for sex. :evil:  I felt so upset but what can you do. Now everyone has already seen all the Jason Pfieffer nonsense. So I don't see how this will make it worse. Didn't Jason say Michael had said he was his first male lover? And that was just 2 months before he died.
But every time they show something like this the people who HAVEN'T seen it, do and it spreads even further! I just think we should stop it while there's still time!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Zen

Some of you need to get a grip!  :roll:  I will and want to watch the
documentary.   Some of you haven't even read any one item this
Ian write, but are simply told what to do and do so.
Please do not "fan site" me.  I always think for myself and many
others share my opinion.
I entitled to my opinion and do NOT tell you what to watch or
what to believe.  
Sony's and AEGs dream!  :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "Zen"
Some of you need to get a grip! :roll: I will and want to watch the
documentary. Some of you haven't even read any one item this
Please do not "fan site" me. I always think for myself and many
others share my opinion.
what to believe.
Sony's and AEGs dream! :roll:

Zen, you do have a right to watch what you want - no one is going to enter your house and force you not to!  But everyone also has a right to protest against certain things, and can choose to do so.  I personally think that Michael and his body of work (speeches, interviews, songs, concerts, Moonwalk, Dancing the Dream, Moonwalker...) say everything there is to know about the man.  Everything that matters to me, at least.  And I'm sick and tired of every person and their dog opining on Michael regardless of how informed or uninformed they are!!  Too many profiteers, too many lies, too many impersonators and copy-cats, too many attention seekers... Ugh!  As Michael said, "Money is the root of all evil."  :evil:  If those people writing books are truly well-intended, they should publish those books with the authorization of the MJ estate (or better yet, MJ's family!) and/or donate all the proceeds to MJ's family, so that they don't benefit the authors.  Until they do so, I'd much rather spend my time watching an MJ interview/video and enjoying MJ's voice and beautiful spirit than watching yet some other predictable crap.  I don't care what "sources" say about MJ... They've been yapping long enough.  At this point only one source matters for me!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Zen

by truthprevails ยป Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:11 am
Zen wrote:Some of you need to get a grip! :roll: I will and want to watch the
documentary. Some of you haven't even read any one item this
Please do not "fan site" me. I always think for myself and many
others share my opinion.
what to believe.
Sony's and AEGs dream! :roll:

Zen, you do have a right to watch what you want - no one is going to enter your house and force you not to! But everyone also has a right to protest against certain things, and can choose to do so. I personally think that Michael and his body of work (speeches, interviews, songs, concerts, Moonwalk, Dancing the Dream, Moonwalker...) say everything there is to know about the man. Everything that matters to me, at least. And I'm sick and tired of every person and their dog opining on Michael regardless of how informed or uninformed they are!! Too many profiteers, too many lies, too many impersonators and copy-cats, too many attention seekers... Ugh! As Michael said, "Money is the root of all evil." :evil:

What I have bolded, I am in complete agreement with.  
After 35 years of supporting Michael Jackson, I am SICK of every tribute,
every club, every singer, comedian, long-lost friend, talk show hosts
using Michael Jackson to BOOST their ratings.  
3 years ago, you could not find one person on the street that give a
damn, and suddenly they ALL in the streets.
That ok if Michael is Alive, but if he gone, it don't mean a dam thing to
Michael, not when it really mattered.
I don't think it right EITHER, that one group of "fans" would try to shut
up or boycott something, they haven't even picked up and read first.
THEY the ones who don't have to watch or read and NOBDOY telling
them to do so.
I read everything and get all perspectives, because the TOTAL truth
is somewhere in the middle.   :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike