*Mo*

Prince No Fan Of Versus Michael Jackson Parties
Posted in Celebrity News, Entertainment, Music on June 10th, 2010 by drfunkenberry

Dj Spinna is bringing his Prince and Michael Jackson party to Los Angeles this Friday for Soul Slam L.A. at the echoplex and then San Francisco this Saturday and although the music and fun will be the same, one thing is different and it’s because of Prince.

For 5 years running, it was called Prince versus Michael Jackson but Prince let it be known he does not like the whole versus thing with MJ no longer being here.

DJ Spinna said “I met Prince and we spoke about this whole versus thing and he’s not a big fan of the idea of it being ‘versus.”

“After Michael’s death we decided to call the party Prince and Michael … because it’s not really fair.”

“I think people are more keen to hearing his music and celebrating it even more. I can feel the energy in the room every time I play his music … way more than before.”

Prince has never attended the parties but one of his DJ’s Rashida Robinson has DJ’d them in the past and perhaps that is how Spinna was able to talk to the Purple One about his feelings on this.

Spinna knows just what he would play for Prince if he did show up; “I think if he actually showed up I would have to get a little deep and go beyond the pop hits. He’s a real musician … he’s real serious about his craft,”

“Maybe if it’s a cut that everyone doesn’t necessarily know off-hand, I would do it for him, just to let him know that I know what time it is.”

“She’s Always In My Hair” would go over quite well with him Spinna.  Trust me.

If you are planning on attending the Soul Slam event in Los Angeles, go HERE or San Francisco, go HERE.   Soul Slam is usually in high demand and should be more so since these are the first Soul Slam events on the West Coast since Michael’s untimely passing last June.

I will be at the Los Angeles one this Friday.  Always looking forward to good music and this should be cool.-Dr.FB

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

To me this shows that Prince and Michael really didn't have a rivalry. Is that your take on this too?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

*Mo*

Quote from: "voiceforthesilent"
To me this shows that Prince and Michael really didn't have a rivalry. Is that your take on this too?

Yes, that's my take as well.  In 1999 Prince said the following about Mike:

"Michael's not a fighter, he's a lover.  Let me say something.  I've never really spoke publicly about Michael.  We should all just kind of like chill because its, you know...  He may know something none of us really know.  Let's wait and see, let's wait it out, let's just wait it out, you never know, right?  You just never know. Ultimately we all gotta come back home, so just let us make a home for everybody."

Would Prince say something like that if they had such rivalry?  I don't think so.

In my opinion the whole "Prince and Michael Jackson hate each other's guts" thing is just media crap.  I wouldn't be surprised to find out they both fed it to the media.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "*Mo*"
Quote from: "voiceforthesilent"

Yes, that's my take as well.  In 1999 Prince said the following about Mike:

"Michael's not a fighter, he's a lover.  Let me say something.  I've never really spoke publicly about Michael.  We should all just kind of like chill because its, you know...  He may know something none of us really know.  Let's wait and see, let's wait it out, let's just wait it out, you never know, right?  You just never know. Ultimately we all gotta come back home, so just let us make a home for everybody."

Would Prince say something like that if they had such rivalry?  I don't think so.

In my opinion the whole "Prince and Michael Jackson hate each other's guts" thing is just media crap.  I wouldn't be surprised to find out they both fed it to the media.
Exactly what I was thinking!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I don´t think they were rivals as well.
Could have been media crap, just as you said, Mo.

They both have their own fanbase and are/were very famous - both of them. So actually there was no need to fight.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You know, I´m serious, dude!" (Akon) LOL

Michael is better!  8-)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Please, click "I Like It" on my Facebook page if you like my drawings :) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<br>

Gosh, don't start comparing please! Of course everyone's entitled to their own opinion but I'm so sick of the fact that whenever I want to listen to or read about Prince there's always some people that insist on comparing him to Michael, it's getting kind of old...

Anyway, I'd love to go t oall of these parties!!! But isn't it sad how Prince points out that Michael is gone?  :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I believe the media trie to make them rivals. They two completely different artist in my opinion.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

imbad

They were both two of the most sucessful African American artists so of course they had to be rivals in the media's eyes. I don't even have the right words to describe thier talent. They are absolute musical genuieses!!! Drama sells and thats why the media pitted them against each other. I completely respect Prince for stepping up and saying he didn't dig the parties. Such a stand up guy in my opinion. There was an article somewhere that said Michael was reading a tabliod story about how him and Prince didn't get along. Apparently Prince had used some kinda mental telepathy to make Bubbles the chimp "go crazy" and Michael got upset  because that just went too far and blah blah blah. Apparently Michael got a real good kick out of if and had a good laugh. If I can find it I will post it. I stumbled on it somewhere. But obviously there was mutual respect there.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Good Lets Dance

[attachment=0:1a9sdyu8]soul-slam-michael-jackson-prince.gif[/attachment:1a9sdyu8]
Poster for 2008 Soul Slam.
I would like to see the posters from other years, and I wonder if there is some way to buy a Soul Slam poster?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "Good Lets Dance"
[attachment=0:27i4abij]soul-slam-michael-jackson-prince.gif[/attachment:27i4abij]
Poster for 2008 Soul Slam.
I would like to see the posters from other years, and I wonder if there is some way to buy a Soul Slam poster?

They're great aren't they?! :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

*Mo*

Quote from: "imbad"
They were both two of the most sucessful African American artists so of course they had to be rivals in the media's eyes. I don't even have the right words to describe thier talent. They are absolute musical genuieses!!! Drama sells and thats why the media pitted them against each other. I completely respect Prince for stepping up and saying he didn't dig the parties. Such a stand up guy in my opinion. There was an article somewhere that said Michael was reading a tabliod story about how him and Prince didn't get along. Apparently Prince had used some kinda mental telepathy to make Bubbles the chimp "go crazy" and Michael got upset  because that just went too far and blah blah blah. Apparently Michael got a real good kick out of if and had a good laugh. If I can find it I will post it. I stumbled on it somewhere. But obviously there was mutual respect there.

Here's the tabloid article you mentioned in your post:

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

VeryLittleSusie wrote;

Michael is better

If it is true ..... :lol:  good as I was never a fan of Prince did not pay attention to this news, but now I'm reading these reports, there is no rivalry, the media and publishing always lies :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Glinda

Quote from: "*Mo*"
Quote from: "imbad"

Here's the tabloid article you mentioned in your post:

Smells like a good mediastunt from Prince and Michael :mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

imbad

Thanks for posting that Mo! Its ridiculous and funny at the same time!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions