In the year 1986, toxic gas leaking from the Union Carbide factory in Bhopal, India caused approximately 15,000 people to die and leaving many more injured. Not only that, it has scarred the subsequent generations for life.

Given the fact that India's judiciary is slower than a tortoise, It took 25 long years for the court to give a verdict on the case.....Believe me, living in India, we sometimes feel ashamed and embarassed about the way corruption has made its way into every level of the society in this country. From the politicians at the top to the toilets inside the railway coaches, everything is royally effed up.

Even if I want to have my passport made, I'll be FORCED to bribe the inspecting officer, otherwise, he wont let me be and delay my passport forever.

Its an effing shame...to live in this country. :evil:  :(  

And do you know what happened to the CEO of Union Carbide Mr. Warren Anderson?...

NOTHING.

He roams a free man.He lives a happily retired life shuttling between luxurious resorts in Connecticut and Long Islands, New York. Wen Greenpeace activists confronted him regarding the whole issue, he was in denial and refused to talk about the tragedy and him remaining non-commital to co-operate with the Indian Judiciary, inpite of having promised to do so some 25 years ago.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Will the US extradite him?

"No...We really havent bought up extradotion as a policy" said the chief of South Asian Affairs.  :roll:

And how many years in jail will the Indian executives of that factory, who are guilty of negligence spend?

JUST TWO YEARS  :roll:  :roll: ....Wait....

They have already been  released on bail. Speaks volumes about our judicial system doesnt it?.   :evil:  :evil:

Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions