Zen

Re: Last Time Michael Jackson Was "Normal"
June 07, 2010, 07:00:16 PM
by suspicious mind » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:01 pm
maybe there is a lesson to be learned here . even on an every day level (especially for those of us still in shcool) we need to realise that those kids and adults we consider freakish or odd just might be alot like this man we so admire. perhaps we just haven't given them the opportunity to let us see who they really are.maybe they aren't all as easy to look at as micheal and maybe you would have to deal with much ridicule yourself to give them a chance. but maybe the rewards could be more than you ever thought .think about it MAKE THAT CHANGE

This is good post.  
Also to BlackVelvet, we know what you mean.  
Exclude the movie, and read Mozart's lifestory, and you will see so
many parallels to Michael life, yet Mozart did not have the paparazzi
and so many headlines marking every move.
Genius thought is probably that the rest of the world is CRAZY.   :|
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 07, 2010, 07:41:56 PM
Can someone please explain 'normal' to me, because it sounds like a word that was made by someone who thinks everyone should be just like the person that made it up.
(I always 'disliked' the word normal  :x )
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
C--ontains
O--ptional
I--nformation
N--ot
C--razy
I--ncidents
D--emanding
E--motional
N--aive
C--razed
E--nforcements

-----------------------------------

b--elieving
e--verything
L--ike
I--nconsistent
E--vidence
v--aries
i--n
n--umerous
g--enres

------------------------------------

If you would just \'Hold my Hand\', together we can cause \'Breaking News\', because we will find out who is \'Behind the Mask\'. --reason

suspicious mind

June 07, 2010, 09:29:14 PM
Quote from: "reasonables+luvs+MJ"
Can someone please explain 'normal' to me, because it sounds like a word that was made by someone who thinks everyone should be just like the person that made it up.

ok i know everyone is feeling offended for micheal, but i think that blackvelvet is speaking in terms of micheal himself beginning to act differently than he had before.he is basicly wondering when micheal started to use the coping mechanisms that he chose to use. and i think maybe wonders about the possiblity of doubles as some others have.

you know the whole thing makes me think of an old love american stylewhere this guy was dateing a stripper. so i guess he had seen all of her with this one exception. the one part of her she would not reveal . she wore gloves. well it like to drove the guy nuts. he tried every trick in the book to get her to take off those gloves.it seems like micheal bared his soul from the beginnig and all anybody was interested in was who he was sleeping with so they tried every way to get at his deep dark secrets even to the point of making them up just to get at that one thing he wanted to keep for himself.just my opinion.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

June 08, 2010, 11:43:54 PM
to me this is about loving yourself

when you love yourself, you take care of yourself, (which does not always mean financially), by honoring  yourself and keeping yourself spiritually and mentally sound...

when someone really loves themselves, they accept themselves as they are, and they accept other people as they are...

people who insult others do not love themselves, and probably don't respect themselves...

If, and its becoming a big IF :( Michael Jackson is still alive, I hope he's learning to love HIMSELF :)

I don't mean to offend anyone. but everyones ??? seemed to have the same answer LOVE 8-)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

June 09, 2010, 12:01:22 AM
if we could see ourselves as GOD sees use it would make the difference.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

June 09, 2010, 12:17:23 AM
Quote from: "suspicious mind"
if we could see ourselves as GOD sees use it would make the difference.

thats true...

for people that believe in God as you and I, but what about people who don't believe in God? many of them believe in being a responsible human being
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WendyE

June 09, 2010, 12:34:27 AM
I have watched Micheal since he was 10 years old. People change. None of us look the same from year to year. Skin disease a couple of surgeries and natural aging. He is more normal than we realize. He is an artist that knows no limits on his creativity. Times changes and so do we. His music however is absolutely timeless. You can listen to one of his songs today and then listen to it ten years from now and it still has it's greatness and meaning. Michael's children were covered to protect them from evil people that would want to do harm to him by way of his children. When Micheal had guest in his children were not covered. He would not allow anyone to have camera's but it was completely normal. You have to understand the mind of an artistic genius and the heart of a wonderful loving father then I think you'll get it. He bleeds just like you and I. He cries and feels pain just like us. He is human. Micheal is not strange. What the world did to him is weird and strange.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 09, 2010, 03:41:37 AM
He didn´t wear surgical masks in public before 1992/1993, right?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jude

June 09, 2010, 08:01:15 AM
We are "normal" Michael was is Extraordinary! One in a billion, someone that don't pass by all too often, thats why he is labled this way, my son use to say " i'm ok, its the rest of the world thats screwed up"  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Get it togetha\', or leave it alone!

Scream

June 09, 2010, 08:15:16 AM
Quote from: "rag doll"
He didn´t wear surgical masks in public before 1992/1993, right?

He started wearing them in the BAD era.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

June 09, 2010, 09:10:04 AM
so in a way it is possible that the mask are no different than the glove , the fedora's, the arm band's.the difference is by the time he started wearing the mask the fix was in to make him out to be someone who had a problem in the head when that wasn't the case.

that said i will always stand by my view of giftedness coming with quirkyness that everyday folks don't have. that's just part of the deal. probably stemming from the reality that they simply aren't as up inhibited as the rest of us. until we go aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!then they can't figure out why we've gone so crazy and it makes them anxious and they don't stranger stuff because they can't figure out what we expect of them.

as always just opinion
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 09, 2010, 09:13:53 AM

I agree, I totallty dislike the word "normal", probably for a different reason but I think my reason can be related to Michael in one way.  Let me tell you a little bit.  I have an 11 year old daughter with Down Syndrome, and people even Doctors are always saying "when you compare her to a normal child" ...   It could be about anything, school, health, actions, looks, behaviors anything.  I think there is no such thing as normal when it comes to people.  But 'll tell you this as far as my Daughter is concerned she doesn't see bad any anybody, she loves everyone just like they are, and she has this special "talent", for lack of a better word, that she can sense emotions in people.  Like if I am upset and crying over something she will not go to bed or leave me until my face is cleared up and I can put on a smile.  
 But the way I see her relating to Michael is that she also has to deal with the staring, being talked about, and being compared to 'normal'.  She may not be a famous person"yet" :) but she knows what it is like to be talked about because of your looks.  I know what kind of pain that causes her and me for that matter, and even though Michael may have had a few surgeries to change his apperance I am sooooo sure that the talks, rumors, stares and being harrassesd because of his looks put the same pain in him.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RK

June 09, 2010, 10:29:15 AM
Quote from: "ConfusedLOVE"

I agree, I totallty dislike the word "normal", probably for a different reason but I think my reason can be related to Michael in one way.  Let me tell you a little bit.  I have an 11 year old daughter with Down Syndrome, and people even Doctors are always saying "when you compare her to a normal child" ...   It could be about anything, school, health, actions, looks, behaviors anything.  I think there is no such thing as normal when it comes to people.  But 'll tell you this as far as my Daughter is concerned she doesn't see bad any anybody, she loves everyone just like they are, and she has this special "talent", for lack of a better word, that she can sense emotions in people.  Like if I am upset and crying over something she will not go to bed or leave me until my face is cleared up and I can put on a smile.  
 But the way I see her relating to Michael is that she also has to deal with the staring, being talked about, and being compared to 'normal'.  She may not be a famous person"yet" :) but she knows what it is like to be talked about because of your looks.  I know what kind of pain that causes her and me for that matter, and even though Michael may have had a few surgeries to change his apperance I am sooooo sure that the talks, rumors, stares and being harrassesd because of his looks put the same pain in him.
Well said Confused Love. God bless you and you precious daughter.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

June 09, 2010, 10:53:15 AM
one would think that this is one life lesson that would be so easy to get hold of and keep in your heart but for some reason so many don't get it.is it rooted in fear or what i just don't know.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal