Lady Gaga didn't keep much of a poker face on "Larry King Live" Tuesday night.

The "Bad Romance" singer spilled the news that she was asked to open for Michael Jackson's "This Is It" tour in London before he died.

"I don’t necessarily like to talk about those very personal things that happened but I guess I can speak about it now," Gaga told the host. "We were going to open for him at the O2 and we were working on making it happen."

The 24-year-old songstress also revealed that the opening acts were in talks to perform with Jackson during his actual show.

"But Michael's death was devastating for me, regardless of whether or not I was supposed to go on tour with him," Gaga added. "He was such an inspiration and a remarkable human being."

In what appeared to be an homage to the King of Pop, Gaga sported sunglasses, a white shirt and black braces reminiscent of Jackson's 30th anniversary concert in 2001.

During the show, Gaga also released a sneak peek of her new video for "Alejandro," the third single from her 2009 album, "The Fame Monster." Recalling Madonna's "Vogue," the music video boasts a "homoerotic military theme," according to Gaga.

By the end of the show, Gaga had also revealed that a recent test for lupus - which killed her aunt - showed she was "borderline positive" for the disease

Read more: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

From a business perspective, having Lady GaGa as the opening act would have really hurt ticket sales.  Why?  Because Michael Jackson's concerts are mostly family oriented, and Lady GaGa is not a family oriented act and/or image.  Not many parents would want their children to attend a Lady GaGa concert.  Besides, there is nothing new that she could have brought to the table that hasn't been done before.  Grace Jones and Madonna have already done that.

It appears that Michael Jackson's target audience includes people of all ages, races, nationalities, and personalities.  In other words, Michael Jackson is international.  To be honest, he never really needed an opening act because he can open and close a concert all by himself.   ;)

The concert organizers should have been focusing on someone or something that is family oriented as the opening act.  For example, something like Cirque du Soleil, even Bubbles will do.  You want someone or something the whole family can enjoy, including grandma.

Again, an opening act for the King of Pop was not necessary.  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I don't buy Gaga's story anyway...just don't!  No mention of this by Michael, Ortega, DiLeo, Randy Phillips, no hint of it in This Is It.  I firmly believe This Is It was always going to be a movie due to extensive research of the United States copyright database information and this...the one and only promotional picture released in early May of 2009 for This Is It...

It takes a lot of imagination judging from this promotional pic to think This Is It was going to be a concert and not a movie... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I don't know but I love Lady Gaga, but why until now she decides to say she was gonna open for Mike. Weird. That's how I view it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

gwynned

Who knows if she's just telling a story or not.  On the face of it, it makes no sense.  There was no publicity, no preparations, etc.  And certainly MJ doesn't need an 'opening act.'  I can't imagine it's true, but I also can't imagine she would say something like this without MJ approval.  For what purpose, I'm not sure.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Michael if he gave a chance for someone to open, most likely the promoters ppl in charge would want someone that isn't that popular. Lady Gaga is in right now and putting her as an opening act, might have had some  ppl going cus of Lady Gaga the young people leaving the concert right after Gaga. Michael the man needed no opening act, it makes no sense to put Lady Gaga as an opening act. On the other hand a duet with Michael really I wanna see that.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

i don't believe it i didn't hear anything about it before her performances just don't fit with MJ's message & concept of the show Michael is more into families love children future of the planet lady's gaga show is not apropriete for the children who were certainly going to come & see Michael she didn't bring anything new that's how Madonna began her carrier & surely MJ does not need an opening act... & i have to say that i'm not a fan of gaga i have a problem with the lyrics of her songs & the melody is almost the same in all her songs.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Okay. Just because you didn't hear promotions about doesn't mean it's not true. She could have been a surprise. This Is It wasn't supposed to be a tour per se but the shows were supposed to happen, MJ just wanted to do 10 though & film them & release a DVD for the fans, instead of doing 50. They put that idea into action, idk when but the shows were supposed to happen. Why would they spend such an enormous amount of $$$ & time on something that was never supposed to be? Other people have been talking about how MJ wanted to work with Gaga & how he wanted her for TII, she's just opening up about it now, because she was either told she could or because it was asked on LKL. I wouldn't shoot her down & dismiss her yet. You have no proof she's lying & you really don't know why she was quiet about it. Yes, it could be a story but it could also be true. Also, she mentions the opening acts, so there must have been other too, not just her. He probably wanted her to open for him because he is a fan or likes her & wanted to collaborate on a duet with her. Yes, sometimes her OWN shows are extreme, but that doesn't mean that's what she would have been doing while opening for him  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

SEHF

Is Lady GaGa as popular world wide as she is here in the USA?

Seems like a poor choice to open up for MJ though really. She really attracts a different younger crowd you'd think then the people going to see MJ's olds hits.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

nynyro

Quote from: "SEHF"

Seems like a poor choice to open up for MJ though really. She really attracts a different younger crowd you'd think then the people going to see MJ's olds hits.

I've seen clips of Lady Gaga in concert and I don't think that's the message Michael wanted to be sending out.  I think it's possible he may have wanted to meet with her (probably to lure her away from the dark side). I dunno...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

She's huge worldwide.  She just did a sold out tour here in March, it was almost impossible to get tickets.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Get the point?  Good.  Lets dance.

Is it over yet?  Can I open my eyes?

I found this article I found about Lady Gaga on LK very interesting.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Lady Gaga confirms that she was the opening act for Michael Jackson (VIDEO)
June 2, 9:06

Last night on Larry King Live, Lady Gaga was the guest and took up an entire hour to share with fans some little known information. One of the unique angles of the evening was Lady Gaga talking about her connection to Michael Jackson.

Before the passing of the celebrity, Michael Jackson's 'This Is It' tour was the headliner for Lady Gaga's opening act. Since she was the beginning act, she would have been exposed to thousands of people in an intimate setting. However, we all know the concerts never happened as Michael Jackson died prior to the show dates.

'I was asked to open for him on his tour. I was to open at the O2,' said Lady Gaga confirming this bit of information. Look extremely uncomfortable about sharing this information, she acted as though the question was way too personal.

"Micheal's death was devastating for me regardless of whether or not I was going on tour with him." Lady Gaga admitted. The death of the King of Pop upset the world as it was so untimely and sudden, like nothing expected. Of course we now know it was an overdose in the beginning, but after hearing the reports, it seemed like a hoax.

During the course of the interview with Larry King, Lady Gaga talked about life, tours and fashion. It was a fascinating hour to take a peek into the life of the super entertainer.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love who\'d think I\'d find
Someone like you to call mine

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
------Michael Jackson

Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. --Oscar Wilde

Quote from: "nynyro"

I've seen clips of Lady Gaga in concert and I don't think that's the message Michael wanted to be sending out.  I think it's possible he may have wanted to meet with her (probably to lure her away from the dark side). I dunno...

Yeah, but he's a huge inspiration to her & she could have changed it up for him, to fit his audience or what he wanted. You never know. & I'm really not so sure about the whole "dark side thing" if she was part of some occult thing why would she openly admit to be religious & being raised catholic & say that she still prays all of the time? The only reason she is confused/conflicted is because most religions condemn gay people & she doesn't believe in that but she is still a religious person. I think there are deeper meanings behind what she does & why she does it other than she's a "puppet", I just don't think that's the case with her. Michael probably saw something in her, that he liked, maybe they have similar beliefs, etc. Who knows. There were always a lot of people he wanted to work with & tour with, who were big in their own right, for instance Prince. I honestly don't think he cared how big someone was, if he appreciated their work & was a fan of them, he'd want to work with them. It's really not fair to assume she's lying or say she was a bad choice, that wouldn't be up to us. Nobody know what the show would have been like with her taking part, you don't know why or if MJ wanted to work with her, & you don't know for sure that she's part of the "dark side". I hate when people assume they know exactly what MJ wanted or thought or liked, nobody can read his mind or even knows the real him out of the spotlight, nobody can think or speak for him. Whether she was going to tour with him or not, she was inspired by him immensely & speaks so kindly about him ever since she came out, that's more important to me. It's too late to worry about her being a good fit for the tour anyways, since it didn't happen.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sangre

Lady GaGa to open for MJ! OH NO! I'm not against Lady Gaga in any way, but...please no.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"No one should judge what I\'ve done with my life. Not unless they\'ve been in my shoes every horrible day and every sleepless night." ~ Michael J. (1995)

Well I also heard R&B singer Robin Thicke say that he was suppose to open for one of MJ's shows.  I believe he said it on the Wendy Williams show or maybe Monique show.  So who knows.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions