Quote from: "OneLove"
I mentioned this a long time ago in the old forum. Their album cover for that song is the Burj Al Arab on the Palm Island in Dubai, which is where Michael stayed for awhile and purchased a piece of property on the Palm Island. Owl City is signed by a branch off Motown records.

Really? Hmm. The investigative skills on here are great. Maybe you could be on to something? Who knows...
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

i don't know if this has anything to do with Michael, but,boy... i absolutely love this song. it's stuck in my head and it won't come out,but i'm fine with it. I put it on "repeat"  :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

HEY! Kenny O twitted something about fireflies and MJ last summer!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I mentioned this a long time ago in the old forum. Their album cover for that song is the Burj Al Arab on the Palm Island in Dubai, which is where Michael stayed for awhile and purchased a piece of property on the Palm Island. Owl City is signed by a branch off Motown records.

Interesting...Thanks for the info.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "mjsweety"
HEY! Kenny O twitted something about fireflies and MJ last summer!!

Oh really?!...Wow, I'm gonna look for that, thanks.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

It took me awhile to find it, but here's Kenny's twit...

BIOLUMINESCENCE-emission of light by a living organism which chemical energy is converted to light energy :) fireflies, jelly fish, Michael!     11:28 PM Jul 5th, 2009  via web  

hmmmm....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Your welcome! Yea Michael said he wanted fireflies in TII i believe. I wonder how the MJ island is going, they were going to make an island in Dubai the shape of Michael. Isn't that hilarious! I'm sure he would want the money going elsewhere but, knowing Michael he's like a kid in a candy store when something like that is happening.
Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 04:16:00 PM by OneLove
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Your welcome! Yea Michael said he wanted fireflies in TII i believe. I wonder how the MJ island is going, they were going to make an island in Dubai the shape of Michael. Isn't that hilarious! I'm sure he would want the money going elsewhere but, know Michael he's like a kid in a candy store when something like that is happening.

Wow, a MJ island!...Yeah that sounds really expensive!..I agree, Michael would want the money to go to something charitable...

I found a video where Kenny Ortega mentions fireflies in a interview on Oprah!

Go to 3:40

[youtube:3myq9sva]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aymr0CCGMa4[/youtube:3myq9sva]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

IMO this song fits Michael so well. It makes me picture Michael in concert where the vast crowd are holding their lit lighters. He said he felt loved when he saw that done many times. The reference to sleeping could mean to death. In the song video one of the words the clock radio spells is "believe". All the wind-up toys are for children yet it's an adult song. I posted a while back on this same topic that when I went to see the movie, "The book of Eli" that just before the movie they showed the full Owl City song "Fireflies". Also in the ad for the movie they printed it  "bELIeve"  just like in this hoax it's "beLIEve".  Also Eli very much reminded me of Michael single-handedly delivering and protecting truth (the Bible) through the apocalype for future mankind. And I totally love this song, the creativity, the grandeur.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I also agree that this song fits MJ to a T, almost. When I first heard this song on Radio Disney in my area, I immediately thought of the fireflies used in the movie TII and the whimsical and fantastical themes in the song that also remind me of MJ's child-like and innocent nature. It is a great song-I have it on my iPod!  8-)  8-)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (B. Howard Fans)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (Martin Page Fans)

Quote from: "MJonmind"
IMO this song fits Michael so well. It makes me picture Michael in concert where the vast crowd are holding their lit lighters. He said he felt loved when he saw that done many times. The reference to sleeping could mean to death. In the song video one of the words the clock radio spells is "believe". All the wind-up toys are for children yet it's an adult song. I posted a while back on this same topic that when I went to see the movie, "The book of Eli" that just before the movie they showed the full Owl City song "Fireflies". Also in the ad for the movie they printed it  "bELIeve"  just like in this hoax it's "beLIEve".  Also Eli very much reminded me of Michael single-handedly delivering and protecting truth (the Bible) through the apocalype for future mankind. And I totally love this song, the creativity, the grandeur.

Wow, they showed the video before the movie!?...That's unusual!!...Very interesting...Thanks for sharing.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

:) Well it's mostly nonsense but i suppose it can be read in lots of different ways. maybe owl city didn't make the song for MJ, but maybe the song reminded the people who have mentioned it of his or what is going on with his death...? in the music video the guy looks like he has just written the song and he's seeing how it sounds like MJ did when he couldn't sleep? there are a lot of toys in his room and he's definitely an adult (neverland?)  i dunno maybe it's all just nonsense but you can pick out a lot of things....  :)

maybe i'm looking into this too deeply but the first paragraph:
You would not believe your eyes              you would not believe the 'death'
If ten million fireflies                             a lot of fans
Lit up the world as I fell asleep                everyone saw the fans when i fell asleep ('died')
Cause they fill the open air                        they're everywhere
And leave teardrops everywhere                everyone cried when MJ 'died'
You'd think me rude, but I               some people think MJ would be rude to fake his death
Would just stand and stare.               he watches but doesn't get involved

like i said, maybe it just fit in so well with the hoax that people involved in the hoax used it  :) .
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
\'cause everything is never as it seems.....

Quote from: "xxEmmaxx"
:) Well it's mostly nonsense but i suppose it can be read in lots of different ways. maybe owl city didn't make the song for MJ, but maybe the song reminded the people who have mentioned it of his or what is going on with his death...? in the music video the guy looks like he has just written the song and he's seeing how it sounds like MJ did when he couldn't sleep? there are a lot of toys in his room and he's definitely an adult (neverland?)  i dunno maybe it's all just nonsense but you can pick out a lot of things....  :)

Lit up the world as I fell asleep                everyone saw the fans when i fell asleep ('died')
You'd think me rude, but I               some people think MJ would be rude to fake his death

like i said, maybe it just fit in so well with the hoax that people involved in the hoax used it  :) .

Great analysis!..Yeah I thought I was looking in too deep as well, but this is just too strange...I don't know if it's just a coincidence or we're just crazy.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "Heatherette"
Quote from: "xxEmmaxx"

Great analysis!..Yeah I thought I was looking in too deep as well, but this is just too strange.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: midnightmlk not MJ.
May 17, 2010, 03:35:56 PM
Newest tweet:

"Watching rehearsals...amazing stuff!"

Wonder... ;) , what rehearsals, there will be no tribute, won't be?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions