No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: American Idol connection
May 27, 2010, 04:58:50 PM
Okay, the Music Festival is the Essence Music Festival, don't they always do that? & when she sings Nasty, it's her. I just don't see what the point would be of lip synching to MJ's voice for her own song. For "Nothing" maybe, because maybe that's MJ's song or something. But there's no point for him to sing "Nasty". Her voice can go deep too obviously, especially now that she's older & hasn't performed for a while. & most of the "Nasty" performance, she was almost yelling it, I think because she was tired a little bit. There's no denying that "Nothing" was MJ though. & as for that article, MJ has released some songs where he sings like that, with a more "female tenor" kind of sound, here's one off the top of my head....Speechless. He has more a range, where he can sing softer like that & then he can also sing more masculine & harder. Janet's voice has never changed much in any of her songs, her voice is always noticeably different compared to his. I hope this post makes sense. I'm trying to do two things at once, talking on the phone & typing this. But I think you get what I'm trying to say, lol.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 27, 2010, 05:25:32 PM
Ok, I will probably be in the minority on this particular subject here, but I really don't think Janet sounds enough like Michael to the point of it actually being Michael. Does this take away from the fact that I believe Michael could potentially be alive? Absolutely not.
Janet and Michael are siblings and developing silimalr styles from that alone (in more ways then one) is bound to happen. Besides, aside from being her big brother, Michael has also been a huge mentor and role model for Janet... Of course she is going to favor him. I will admit that from 3:20 to about 3:51 it's eerie how much she sounds like Michael and even I got a chill, but I really think that, that was just genetics.
I hope I haven't been too much of a "Debbie Downer" here, but I really think we are digging far too deep with this whole Janet sounding like Michael thing. Besides, if you really listen and know both their voices you will hear the slight differences. In my opinion, Janet's voice and it's capability to sound strikingly similar to her brothers is nothing more then a blessing and if anyone in the music business deserves to have a sound or style similar to Michaels... It's her.
As for Michael possibly replacing Simon, obviously that would be AMAZING! But lets be real, (and it saddens me to say this) Michael is undoubtbly the biggest celebrity this world has known, so famous to the point of maybe being too famous. He could never be on a show that is so open to the public. Could you imagine how hectic auditions would be? The fainting, and fanatic fans only trying out to get a glimpse of him? It would be impossible! However, I would love to be wrong on this particular topic cause Michael judging Idol would be beyond awesome.  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 27, 2010, 05:56:34 PM
This has crossed my mind, but I think as a mentor, not a regular judge on AI. Too much traveling. So was that Dave Dave dancing last night? Janet used an auto-tuner last night to sound like Michael in "Nothing". You can even hear her regular voice behind it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 27, 2010, 06:07:40 PM
Quote from: "eviltwin"
This has crossed my mind, but I think as a mentor, not a regular judge on AI. Too much traveling. So was that Dave Dave dancing last night? Janet used an auto-tuner last night to sound like Michael in "Nothing". You can even hear her regular voice behind it.

Why would she do that though? I can understand singing like him, like the style of singing or tone. But why would she try to sound EXACTLY like him & not at all like herself? Is trying to see if we can tell his voice or if we'd notice? Other than that, I don't get it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 27, 2010, 06:12:03 PM
Quote from: "speechless777"
Ok, I will probably be in the minority on this particular subject here, but I really don't think Janet sounds enough like Michael to the point of it actually being Michael. Does this take away from the fact that I believe Michael could potentially be alive? Absolutely not.
Janet and Michael are siblings and developing silimalr styles from that alone (in more ways then one) is bound to happen. Besides, aside from being her big brother, Michael has also been a huge mentor and role model for Janet... Of course she is going to favor him. I will admit that from 3:20 to about 3:51 it's eerie how much she sounds like Michael and even I got a chill, but I really think that, that was just genetics.
I hope I haven't been too much of a "Debbie Downer" here, but I really think we are digging far too deep with this whole Janet sounding like Michael thing. Besides, if you really listen and know both their voices you will hear the slight differences. In my opinion, Janet's voice and it's capability to sound strikingly similar to her brothers is nothing more then a blessing and if anyone in the music business deserves to have a sound or style similar to Michaels... It's her.
As for Michael possibly replacing Simon, obviously that would be AMAZING! But lets be real, (and it saddens me to say this) Michael is undoubtbly the biggest celebrity this world has known, so famous to the point of maybe being too famous. He could never be on a show that is so open to the public. Could you imagine how hectic auditions would be? The fainting, and fanatic fans only trying out to get a glimpse of him? It would be impossible! However, I would love to be wrong on this particular topic cause Michael judging Idol would be beyond awesome.  ;)

I agree 100%. Janet's voice does have range and she hasn't performed in a while so her voice could have become a little bit more raspy over time. And she can sound so much like Michael, it's scary. Just listen to This Can't Be Good. Oh and yeah I doubt MJ would be able to be a judge unfortunately. I think there was a rumor that MJ was going to guest judge for the show but it ended up not working due to security. Either way, her performance was great and I'm happy she is gaining the respect of the general public. It's sad it takes a "death" to do it though.  :|
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Awareness + Awakening = Higher Consciousness

alive

May 27, 2010, 06:38:56 PM
Now...I must mention...my brother who knows I think MJ is alive but thinks I am totally nuts LOL so I never speak of it to him....walks by me and says....did you see Janet Jackson last night....what the hell was up with that?   He says she sounded just like Michael!!! I said I told ya....he says he thought he was gonna walk out...I said soon and he laughed....I'm tellin ya people are waking up....I think that's Janet's role in this and she did an excellent job! Thanks Janet!  :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Feuerkind

May 27, 2010, 06:43:11 PM
about the masks: they remind me very much of watchmen --> rorschach to be exact...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 27, 2010, 07:54:33 PM
Quote from: "teine21"

Why would she do that though? I can understand singing like him, like the style of singing or tone. But why would she try to sound EXACTLY like him & not at all like herself? Is trying to see if we can tell his voice or if we'd notice? Other than that, I don't get it.
Me thinks it was Michael's plan. It gets him that much closer to the stage and audience. Plus on the album she sounds even more like him so to sing it live without matching the track would have been a giveaway.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 27, 2010, 08:43:29 PM
I believe both Michael and Janet are signing this song.... it's beautiful and makes my
heart go thump, thump when I hear his voice.  

My stepmom said how much it sounded like Michael and she doesn't listen to music that often.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"The righteous will possess the earth,
And they will live forever on it."
Psalm 37:29

May 27, 2010, 09:31:44 PM
That pic of the dancer that looks like Dave Dave is freaky.  You know what's weird I actually felt like one of those dancers behind Janet was MJ for some reason.  That thought immediately crossed my mind.  Where did this pic come from?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 27, 2010, 09:47:16 PM
Quote from: "CC"
the man who talks at the end say something about a music festival on july 2nd????  :shock:
english is not my first language, somebody help me!!!
july 2nd???
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The festival is June 2-5 (or something like that)...get closer to the 25th

it has been 336 days since Michael has "died"
Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 09:50:24 PM by reasonables+luvs+MJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
C--ontains
O--ptional
I--nformation
N--ot
C--razy
I--ncidents
D--emanding
E--motional
N--aive
C--razed
E--nforcements

-----------------------------------

b--elieving
e--verything
L--ike
I--nconsistent
E--vidence
v--aries
i--n
n--umerous
g--enres

------------------------------------

If you would just \'Hold my Hand\', together we can cause \'Breaking News\', because we will find out who is \'Behind the Mask\'. --reason

May 27, 2010, 09:48:07 PM
Quote from: "teine21"

They are playing with us....remember when the tabloids said that Michael and Janet were one in the same person...lol...people believed that shit!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 27, 2010, 11:51:44 PM
Even though Janet's voice was very high pitched and soft, it didn't sound female. Then in Nasty Boy, it sounded like Janet. Jt was like he sang the first one, and she sang the second.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions