Re: American Idol connection
May 27, 2010, 12:06:27 AM
You guy's didn't even notice the song Crystal sang with Alanis? The same song Beyonce covered at the Grammy's or something. The one that goes "til you die, til you die, but you're still alive!" at the riff. It was good but Crystal is quite loud. As for Janet, can i say DIVA! She looked amazing, sounded awesome, and brought the fierce. Although my aunt was watching it with us, and knows nothing about the hoax said, 'she sounds just like Michael?!?! She looked quite astonished, it was odd. That show was awesome.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

May 27, 2010, 12:14:28 AM
My husband and son (they think he's dead) both said Janet sounded just like Michael, and I just laughed. But now I'll have to listen again....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 27, 2010, 12:17:33 AM
From Oskar Rodrigues
# Wowwww!! Thank u so much guys for all the amazing comments.. Love u all sooo much! Great nite to alll     about 2 hours ago  via Twitterrific

@blocla dancers performing on @americanidol Nick Bass, Hefa Tuita, Lake Smits @Tmoreworld @nathantrasoras @JamesCollins17 @oskarrodriguez about 2 hours ago via Twitterrific

Getting ma baby and party timeeeee.!! NYC flight tomorrow at 6am.. Yessss about 2 hours ago via Twitterrific

Just performed with Miss Janet Jackson on American Idol!Thee best experience of my ENTIRE life!Thank u god! Felt great (via @JamesCollins17) about 3 hours ago via Twitterrific

Just came offstage.!! Felt incredible... Everyone tune into #Idol Finale tonite.... Surprises surprises.... Enjoyyy about 3 hours ago via Twitterrific

Make sure to tune into @americanidol finale tonight @8/7c for the surprise performances w/ TONS of @blocla dancers.#idol finale(via @BlocLA) about 3 hours ago via Twitterrific

@itsdavidyo Yooooo.!! I'll see u out here man.!! Dancing it... about 9 hours ago via Twitterrific in reply to itsdavidyo

@Mallauri I miss u more sweetie.!! Tune into FOX tonite at 8pm.!! Lill surprise... Hahahaha about 9 hours ago via Twitterrific in reply to Mallauri

Huge shouout to all my new followers.!! Thank u so much for all the support.! love uuuuuuuu.. Blessed about 9 hours ago via Twitterrific

@BlocLA Cant wait for u guys to see the show tonite!! Everyone follow the best agents in all coasts.. @BlocLA @BlocNYC @BlocSouth about 9 hours ago via Twitterrific in reply to BlocLA

Having a blast with all the dancers backstage.!! Love u all but please don't put words in my mouth.! I haven't mentioned anything yet.! about 10 hours ago via Twitterrific

Hanging backstage with the dancers.!! Ready to do this show tonite... Yesssssssssss about 11 hours ago via Twitterrific

@shannonholtz Ill see u here ma brotha.!!! We rehearsed already.! about 11 hours ago via Twitterrific in reply to shannonholtz

Waiting to get onstage for blocking rehearsal.!! Showday.!! My fav, everytime... Gonna be AMAZiNG. about 13 hours ago via Twitterrific

UP,UP and away.Wonder how @JPSanPedro @JoseOmar @JamesCullins17 feel right now! I bet we all have the same look on our face. Hahah, early.! about 16 hours ago via Twitterrific

Thank u sooooo much @BlocLA for the amazing cupcakes.!! U are all GREaT.!!! Love uuuuuuuu about 22 hours ago via Twitterrific

Great nite.!! @JPSanPedro @JoseOmar @JamesCollins17 and all the other dancers killed ittttt.!! Love u guys... Thank u @GHSDuldulao... Yess about 22 hours ago via Twitterrific

Amazing nite of rehearsal! 6am tomorrow.!! Say whatttttt????? Couldn't be happier..! about 22 hours ago via Twitterrific

Ok so what was surprising about Janet's performance other than Michael's vocals. To me the rest of it was just a normal performance. Any thots on what could be so surprising?????
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 27, 2010, 01:43:35 AM
Quote from: "OneLove"
You guy's didn't even notice the song Crystal sang with Alanis? The same song Beyonce covered at the Grammy's or something. The one that goes "til you die, til you die, but you're still alive!" at the riff. It was good but Crystal is quite loud. As for Janet, can i say DIVA! She looked amazing, sounded awesome, and brought the fierce. Although my aunt was watching it with us, and knows nothing about the hoax said, 'she sounds just like Michael?!?! She looked quite astonished, it was odd. That show was awesome.
you're right, i did notice that too. The whole show to me reminded me of the Grammy's actually.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
For All Time x x x

May 27, 2010, 01:48:13 AM
Quote from: "simalves"
From Oskar Rodrigues
# Wowwww!! Thank u so much guys for all the amazing comments.. Love u all sooo much! Great nite to alll     about 2 hours ago  via Twitterrific

@blocla dancers performing on @americanidol Nick Bass, Hefa Tuita, Lake Smits @Tmoreworld @nathantrasoras @JamesCollins17 @oskarrodriguez about 2 hours ago via Twitterrific

Getting ma baby and party timeeeee.!! NYC flight tomorrow at 6am.. Yessss about 2 hours ago via Twitterrific

Just performed with Miss Janet Jackson on American Idol!Thee best experience of my ENTIRE life!Thank u god! Felt great (via @JamesCollins17) about 3 hours ago via Twitterrific

Just came offstage.!! Felt incredible... Everyone tune into #Idol Finale tonite.... Surprises surprises.... Enjoyyy about 3 hours ago via Twitterrific

Make sure to tune into @americanidol finale tonight @8/7c for the surprise performances w/ TONS of @blocla dancers.#idol finale(via @BlocLA) about 3 hours ago via Twitterrific

@itsdavidyo Yooooo.!! I'll see u out here man.!! Dancing it... about 9 hours ago via Twitterrific in reply to itsdavidyo

@Mallauri I miss u more sweetie.!! Tune into FOX tonite at 8pm.!! Lill surprise... Hahahaha about 9 hours ago via Twitterrific in reply to Mallauri

Huge shouout to all my new followers.!! Thank u so much for all the support.! love uuuuuuuu.. Blessed about 9 hours ago via Twitterrific

@BlocLA Cant wait for u guys to see the show tonite!! Everyone follow the best agents in all coasts.. @BlocLA @BlocNYC @BlocSouth about 9 hours ago via Twitterrific in reply to BlocLA

Having a blast with all the dancers backstage.!! Love u all but please don't put words in my mouth.! I haven't mentioned anything yet.! about 10 hours ago via Twitterrific

Hanging backstage with the dancers.!! Ready to do this show tonite... Yesssssssssss about 11 hours ago via Twitterrific

@shannonholtz Ill see u here ma brotha.!!! We rehearsed already.! about 11 hours ago via Twitterrific in reply to shannonholtz

Waiting to get onstage for blocking rehearsal.!! Showday.!! My fav, everytime... Gonna be AMAZiNG. about 13 hours ago via Twitterrific

UP,UP and away.Wonder how @JPSanPedro @JoseOmar @JamesCullins17 feel right now! I bet we all have the same look on our face. Hahah, early.! about 16 hours ago via Twitterrific

Thank u sooooo much @BlocLA for the amazing cupcakes.!! U are all GREaT.!!! Love uuuuuuuu about 22 hours ago via Twitterrific

Great nite.!! @JPSanPedro @JoseOmar @JamesCollins17 and all the other dancers killed ittttt.!! Love u guys... Thank u @GHSDuldulao... Yess about 22 hours ago via Twitterrific

Amazing nite of rehearsal! 6am tomorrow.!! Say whatttttt????? Couldn't be happier..! about 22 hours ago via Twitterrific

Ok so what was surprising about Janet's performance other than Michael's vocals. To me the rest of it was just a normal performance. Any thots on what could be so surprising?????
This was one of Orianthi's tweets from today too:

Off to do some mysterious stuff this morning lol
about 15 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

mmmmm.......LOTS of surprises going around.
Midnightmlk was tweeting about watching rehearsals last week, too. :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
For All Time x x x

May 27, 2010, 02:22:25 AM
I saw Janet too on Idol tonight.  I thought she seemed a little nervous because it looked like her hand was shaking alittle when she was holding the mic.  I notice that when she performs she always wear something MJ related.  Like the gloves that go up the arm like MJ wore in the bad video.  She had some gloves on like that.  She also had some black sequins on the shoulders part of her top.  She did the thing like MJ use to do when he goes behind the white screen and you can see his silloette.  She did that when she was changing her outfit for the Nasty boys song.  I really like the song Nothing that she sings.  That is a pretty song.  Speaking of the video Nothing has anyone noticed the panels in the video and how they keep changing?  First there is 9 then there's 5 then there's like 3 and then one time I think I counted 7.  I'm talking about the glass mirror looking things in the background that they show Janet on in the video.  I'm not saying it's a clue but it stood out to me.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Delphi

May 27, 2010, 03:19:40 AM
OK, so I watched Janet's performance and wow, it was wonderful. I don't normally watch American Idol but I just had to tonight. And what I saw was (I'll put up the video that I saw...That'll make things less confusing)

[youtube:3e98sibb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7DX-eJnaJE[/youtube:3e98sibb]

Backup dancers: Smooth Criminal-like costumes
Similar Coreography: the little shuffle they do, like in the "Bad" music video (about 6:30),
 the knee shuffle like in "The Way You Make Me Feel" video, (at about 5:43 minutes in. and 5:56),
Smooth Criminal (TONS, actually but the main one I see is at about 5:33)

I also have to agree with you guys when you said she sounded like Michael, especially in certain parts of the songs.  ;)

now, I might just be looking into this, but I definitely can see a lot of similar moves. I don't know if everyone can see what I saw, but I sure hope so, or else you can just call me crazy right now.  :lol:

Edit:

As an afterthought, has anyone wondered if maybe some of the TII dancers were in this?  :?  I doubt it, but I just wanted to toss the thought out there in case it hadn't already been mentioned...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[size=150]WHAAAAAAT? [/size]

Well they say The Sky\'s The Limit . And to me that\'s really True. But my friend, you have seen nothing; [size=150]Just wait til I get through![/size] ;][/b]

May 27, 2010, 03:26:35 AM
@Delphi

That is what I posted about

Nick Bass and Timor were part of the dancers. Shannon was supposed to be I think.

So please tell me what is surprising in all of this. What does Orianthi and the others mean when they say surprises. Everyone knew Janet was going to perform way before.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Delphi

May 27, 2010, 03:51:51 AM
Guess we gotta wait and find out! I'm definitely game. 8-)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[size=150]WHAAAAAAT? [/size]

Well they say The Sky\'s The Limit . And to me that\'s really True. But my friend, you have seen nothing; [size=150]Just wait til I get through![/size] ;][/b]

May 27, 2010, 03:57:48 AM
I agree in certain parts of the song it was TOTALLY MJ!!! I know she can make her voice go deep but there is just something about the tone of MJ's voice & the way he sings that stands out, that she can't do & that's what I heard. I mean, the voice just didn't fit her you could tell & she barely had her mouth open while "singing" the part that goes "We gotta fix this, fix this right this minute, only true love can calm the noise" (which is the part that made me go  :shock:  :o  ;)  :mrgreen:  :lol: lol. If you look away or close your eyes & listen to it again, it's obvious, I made my mom do that & now she agrees with me!  :D  & then when the dancers were performing, I also noticed someone behind them when they have their shirts off who is wearing a black jacket, white shirt & black tie who appears to still have a mask on dancing around, lol. Who the heck is that?! I absolutely LOVED the Janet performance! I also loved, even though it had nothing to do with MJ or Janet, when Bret Michaels came out after all he's been through, the man could have died he came so close & he came out & looked so happy. That was a great moment as well, I'm not a huge fan of his but I do feel bad for him.  I also noticed Crystals car that she got to design, was painted with huge sunflowers all over it! Hmmm  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 27, 2010, 04:03:21 AM
Quote from: "simalves"
Maybe Michael will be the next judge. He would be a good replacement for Simon Cowell and better than Elton John

that would be so awesome!!! 8-)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I love you Michael...as much as you love super soaker fights!!! xD

alive

May 27, 2010, 04:06:23 AM
Looks like people are starting to notice.....  ;)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 27, 2010, 04:07:49 AM
Quote from: "alive"
Looks like people are starting to notice.....  ;)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

haha thanks for the links...that's funny 8-)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I love you Michael...as much as you love super soaker fights!!! xD

May 27, 2010, 04:15:21 AM
Twitter is full of people who thought she was channeling Michael
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Adi

May 27, 2010, 06:25:17 AM
Quote from: "teine21"
I mean, the voice just didn't fit her you could tell & she barely had her mouth open while "singing" the part that goes "We gotta fix this, fix this right this minute, only true love can calm the noise" (which is the part that made me go  :shock:  :o  ;)  :mrgreen:  :lol: lol.

The line in the song underlined above in which Janet sounded SOOO much like Michael reminded me of these lines in This Is It during the J5 medley  singing "I Want You Back"  when Michael pulled the earplug out of his ear and says:

"You guys I'm trying to hear and I can't.....It feels like somebody's fist... like somebody's fist is shoved into my ear...I'm trying to hear and I can't ....With the love, with the love......L.O.V.E"  

"It's difficult, but I'm adjusting to the situation......but it's very difficult"      

"If we can just....bring it down a bit"

Go watch it again if you can....I find it one of the truly fascinating scenes in This Is It and have always felt it had a another meaning besides him having problems with his earplugs and volume etc....it has a double meaning to me this scene.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions