Re: American Idol connection
May 31, 2010, 02:40:39 AM
Quote from: "Wuselchen"
*lol* I watched Janets performance at YouTube yesterday when my son (9 years but he had seen TII in cinema with me and he likes Michael very much) came and asked "This is Michael Jackson, isn´t it?"!
You see even children can hear it.
:shock:  :o wonder if there were any beLIEvers there that thought the same thing... :?
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
C--ontains
O--ptional
I--nformation
N--ot
C--razy
I--ncidents
D--emanding
E--motional
N--aive
C--razed
E--nforcements

-----------------------------------

b--elieving
e--verything
L--ike
I--nconsistent
E--vidence
v--aries
i--n
n--umerous
g--enres

------------------------------------

If you would just \'Hold my Hand\', together we can cause \'Breaking News\', because we will find out who is \'Behind the Mask\'. --reason

May 31, 2010, 10:17:43 AM
Quote from: "shelby61"
I have been wondering for awhile now if MJ would want Simon's job.  They have been pretty "mum" on SImon's replacement.  Interesting finale last night.  It does have MJ written all over it.  Also, Simon made some comment that there will be some changes made to the show so I wonder if it is going to be more than just a singing competition...maybe there might be some dance added in there ;)...just my thoughts lol.  It would be the perfect marketing strategy to get more people to watch American Idol.  I think the numbers have been dwindling since Paula left and now Simon leaving too.  

I thought Janet was great last night :)

I heard that Brett Michaels made a comment about maybe replacing Simon. Two thoughts on Michael replacing Simon: 1) would anyone watch the singers and dancers if MJ was around? I know my eyes would be fixated on MJ. 2) Can MJ be mean enough to give honest critique? Michael is an encourager and wouldn't want to hurt people's feelings. I do think nobody could give the show a better rating than MJ, however. I know I'd be watching more.
Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 10:42:15 AM by voiceforthesilent
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

loyalfan

May 31, 2010, 10:23:18 AM
i would hope micheal has better things to do than that....xxxxx
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

steph

May 31, 2010, 03:08:14 PM
I noticed that janet kept the hand held mic very close to her mouth while singing.She also had a head mic on as well.Why have two mics at the same time?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

May 31, 2010, 04:09:03 PM
Quote from: "steph"
I noticed that janet kept the hand held mic very close to her mouth while singing.She also had a head mic on as well.Why have two mics at the same time?

The headset mic was for her performance for "Nasty". Why she had it on during "Nothing" instead of putting it on during her costume change, I don't know...Also while she was performing "Nothing" she turned it off after the part we all believed to be MJ. She pressed a button on the ear piece. So maybe his voice was being fed through that mic or something. Who knows...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 02, 2010, 03:55:48 AM
I can't find the coke commercial thread but I got so hyper off it

I felt like the Coke Machine was Michael and the people around it were acting like it's Michael.  The hands reminded me of Michael.  It gave pizza like Michael did to fans.  And the sunflowers. It made me think of how Pepsi and MJ joined forces in the early 90's cause of being big in America and taking on the world, and now it's happening with Coke and he's doing it.  Is mj a soda pop machine now? Was there more to this commercial?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 02, 2010, 04:50:35 AM
Quote from: "GreenManMakeAChange"
I can't find the coke commercial thread but I got so hyper off it

I felt like the Coke Machine was Michael and the people around it were acting like it's Michael.  The hands reminded me of Michael.  It gave pizza like Michael did to fans.  And the sunflowers. It made me think of how Pepsi and MJ joined forces in the early 90's cause of being big in America and taking on the world, and now it's happening with Coke and he's doing it.  Is mj a soda pop machine now? Was there more to this commercial?

Here is the thread on the Coke machine...

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

nefari

June 02, 2010, 11:47:03 AM
This is all very interesting to me as yesterday on television, not sure which channel, but there was a show on about the NEW future of Coke and how they are almost to the popular point in their new bottle shapes, various new campagnes etc.....to take over the world! It was really tooting the horn of the New Coke company of the future. There was a news man walking around with one of the higher ups in the company and they were saying this is the new beginning for Coke as they have all they have ever dreamed of etc.....ready to take charge, connect with the future blah blah blah and this all really has me thinking maybe just maybe they have MJ by their sides.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
]

June 02, 2010, 12:31:04 PM
Quote from: "Wuselchen"
*lol* I watched Janets performance at YouTube yesterday when my son (9 years but he had seen TII in cinema with me and he likes Michael very much) came and asked "This is Michael Jackson, isn´t it?"!
You see even children can hear it.

That's simply because their two voices have always been very close, and michael is more popular than Janet, especially in a kid's mind ( my sister is 5 and knows michael but has never she doesnt know who janet is) so when he hears her...it is clear to me that your son would identify janets voice as being MJ's!!! The Jacksons all look and sound the same anyway...!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 02, 2010, 12:31:57 PM
Quote from: "loyalfan"
i would hope micheal has better things to do than that....xxxxx

LOL! I agree, D! Michael would be too much to handle on American Idol.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

June 05, 2010, 11:49:07 AM
Quote from: "mjj4ever777"
Quote from: "ninanin"

Listen at around 3:20 until 3:50.....  if that is not MJ I will eat my hat !!!  Seriously....my heart is pounding wild.  Also ...just seconds after MJ stops singing...Janet fixes her ear piece ... Like shutting off something ?
She could maybe have used an old recording of MJ`s ? ..... because that is Michael singing !!!!           My heart is still pounding wild !!!!

Much love

I totally agree with you!! That is our Michael singing!! Piece by piece by piece....
Listen to the words that Michael is sing there...his message :D

Exactly...Janet's voice while similar is very soft, sweet and a bit quieter
That was Michael for sure. I know it. I heard it. I dont need any other convincing
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Speechless, Speechless, That\'s how you make me feel!!!
I Love You now and forever Michael

June 05, 2010, 11:50:56 AM
Quote from: "lovemj4everandever"
I knew Michael was singing parts of this song the first time I heard it when it released.  It is obvious from watching the official video of the song that it doesn't match her voice, timing or mouth movements.  Last night was no exception!  We love you, Michael!  And YES, we will be there!   :D  :D

I know iam late replying to this but YES for sure. I knew it was Michael when the song was first released in parts as well. This just confirmed it seeing Janet "Sing" live
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

June 05, 2010, 11:54:18 AM
Quote from: "Adi"
Quote from: "teine21"
I mean, the voice just didn't fit her you could tell & she barely had her mouth open while "singing" the part that goes "We gotta fix this, fix this right this minute, only true love can calm the noise" (which is the part that made me go  :shock:  :o  ;)  :mrgreen:  :lol: lol.

The line in the song underlined above in which Janet sounded SOOO much like Michael reminded me of these lines in This Is It during the J5 medley  singing "I Want You Back"  when Michael pulled the earplug out of his ear and says:

"You guys I'm trying to hear and I can't.....It feels like somebody's fist... like somebody's fist is shoved into my ear...I'm trying to hear and I can't ....With the love, with the love......L.O.V.E"  

"It's difficult, but I'm adjusting to the situation......but it's very difficult"      

"If we can just....bring it down a bit"

Go watch it again if you can....I find it one of the truly fascinating scenes in This Is It and have always felt it had a another meaning besides him having problems with his earplugs and volume etc....it has a double meaning to me this scene.
One of my favourite TII scenes!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal