Hi all,
Here is an article that increases my belief even more that this hoax will indeed be turned into a blockbuster movie, and Michael will have one more thing in common with Elvis! As you will read in the article Michael believed Elvis wouldn't have been so remembered if it had not been for all the movies he made. (Emphasis is mine) Happy reading!

The Michael Jackson Film Career That Almost Was
Michael Jackson Planned to Step into Jimmy Cagney’s Shoes, says ‘Captain EO’ Producer and Longtime Pal Rusty Lemorande

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Unlike his idol Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson never established himself as a movie star - namely in a musical remake of the 1938 James Cagney flick Angels with Dirty Faces - and it’s a regret he took to his grave.
That, according to the King of Pop’s Captain EO collaborator, and friend of 25 years, Rusty Lemorande.

"He really wanted a film career," Rusty tells us of Michael.

In an exclusive interview with BlogTalkRadio, Rusty - who produced and co-wrote the 3-D, Francis Ford Coppola-directed Captain EO as a Disney theme park attraction in 1986 - recounts how Michael came to sign on for Angels and another feature during the early ’90s.

“Michael was pretty pleased with our relationship, and he had just set up his film company at Sony-Columbia. And the problem was, with all the development people, etc. - and it was a pretty thick company with people - he wasn’t committing to anything,” Rusty, whose other production credits include the 1983 Barbra Streisand star vehicle Yentil, tells Movie Geeks United! host Jamey DuVall of the pop star, who died June 25 after suffering cardiac arrest.

“I think people didn’t understand how to relate to him. I used to say to him, ‘You’re a little like Arnold Schwarzenegger. You can’t do any part. The part has to be tailored to you. He became a star because of Terminator.
“Well, Michael said, ‘You come up with some ideas.’ And I came up with two fairly quickly.

“One was to remake an old film called 7 Faces of Dr. Lao, which was a [1964] Tony Randall film that involved a child protagonist, and the other was to remake the film Angels with Dirty Faces, which is a James Cagney film. Michael was a huge James Cagney fan.

“Michael loved both projects. Part of it was the way I explained it to him, talked him through it. We had sketches done and creatures made - you really had to turn it into the toy version.

“On Dr. Lao, we had the set miniatures built of the circus and he committed to both, which was a major event at the time.

“One was set up at Warners. And the other was set up at Turner - who owned the remake rights. And everything was going great. Fantastic!

“And then the first scandal hit.”

(In 1993, Michael was accused of child abuse by the father of then 13-year-old Evan Chandler. Though he denied the allegations, the pop idol eventually settled the suit out of court for $22 million.)

“I remember it as vividly as I remember when I heard President Kennedy was shot. I was in my car driving to this studio where we were building these miniatures, where people were going to come and see them. And someone called me and said, ‘Did you see what’s on the news? Michael Jackson’s ranch has been raided,” continues Rusty.

“The truth of the matter is, very simply - and in fairness to Hollywood and the big studios - they have huge investment obligations to their shareholders. So they got very nervous. They didn’t know if the audience would still be there for Michael.

“Suddenly, nobody wanted to touch him… It was quite sad that it never happened, because it was very important for Michael to be in movies.

“He used to talk about Elvis Presley’s career and say, ‘If Elvis hadn’t made all those films, he wouldn’t be as remembered as he was.’”

During the 30-minute interview, Rusty also reveals how he came to earn Michael’s trust while he and The Godfather director were working on Captain EO.

“The secret of working with Michael Jackson was to think, how would you, literally, deal with a 10-year-old boy?

“Francis got it. At one point, he was having trouble directing Michael. Michael didn’t seem to respond to the kind of word dialogue that a director largely uses.

“So [Francis] sent out for some masks: happy masks - like clown masks - and scary masks. And when he wanted to elicit an emotion from Michael, he would put on those masks and it would be as if a child were reacting to a mask. And it was effective!

“Michael loved to go toy shopping. But the adult in him wanted to drive his car. And he drove like a maniac. I was always grippin’ my seat.

“He loved masks. He had masks in his glove compartment, which he would put on as he drove. His explanation was, ‘If I don’t put it on, people will see it’s me and they’ll chase me.’

“Then we’d go into a toy store. Then it was funny, because the mask he’d wear into the store would usually be like a woman’s harem mask kind of thing, with a veil across his face.”
(End of article)

Some where on this sight someone stated that they had read where Michael wanted to make a movie where the people of the world would be the actors! :o  That's very interesting. I wish I could find where they read that.  Because if that is a true statement, I believe that Michael is fulfilling that desire as we type! I so look forward to seeing that record breaking box office hit, "It Was All For Love!" How about you?  

And instead of writing about "The Michael Jackson Film Career That Almost Was" they will be  bow/ and writing about, "The Dynamic Film Career of Michael Jackson The Director!"  Yes, I believe the "King of Pop" is dead may he rest in peace. But the "King of Movies" yet lives, make 'em "Speechless" Michael! bounce/

Blessings to you all!
OnTheWingsOfLove!
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Defender of the faith, Supporter of the Word!"

onthewingsoflove thank you so much for posting it here! bearhug Before Michael "died" i herd about all these stories that Michael always wanted to make a movie or star in one. He himself said it a lot of times too and i couldn't believe that Michael didn't fulfill his dream for such a long time. But now it's clear as daylight that Michael IS fulfilling his dream right now with us as "actors".  :D
Quote from: "onthewingsoflove"
“Michael loved to go toy shopping. But the adult in him wanted to drive his car. And he drove like a maniac. I was always grippin’ my seat.

This part made me laugh so hard  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
I'm not like you Michael  :lol:, I'm a careful driver!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"What one wishes is to be touched by truth and to be able to interpret that truth so that one may use what one is feeling and experiencing, be it despair or joy, in a way that will add meaning to one\'s life and will hopefully touch others as well.
This is art in its highest form. Those moments of enlightenment are what i continue to live for." -Michael Jackson

Quote from: "Kristina4LOVE"
onthewingsoflove thank you so much for posting it here! bearhug Before Michael "died" i herd about all these stories that Michael always wanted to make a movie or star in one. He himself said it a lot of times too and i couldn't believe that Michael didn't fulfill his dream for such a long time. But now it's clear as daylight that Michael IS fulfilling his dream right now with us as "actors".  :D
Quote from: "onthewingsoflove"

This part made me laugh so hard  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
I'm not like you Michael  :lol:, I'm a careful driver!

Hi there Kristina, thanks for posting!

I learned of his passion for movies only after reading his auto biography.

Yep, I laughed also, as I can't really picture him, as a speed demon, not even with the part in "Moonwalker" where he's on the motorcycle racing with the rabbit! But my mom always taught me it's the quite ones you have to watch out for!  ;)  And I guess concerning Michael she was right!  :lol:

The part in this article that got me to thinking is this:
“And then the first scandal hit.”

(In 1993, Michael was accused of child abuse by the father of then 13-year-old Evan Chandler. Though he denied the allegations, the pop idol eventually settled the suit out of court for $22 million.)...

“The truth of the matter is, very simply - and in fairness to Hollywood and the big studios - they have huge investment obligations to their shareholders. So they got very nervous. They didn’t know if the audience would still be there for Michael.

Suddenly, nobody wanted to touch him… It was quite sad that it never happened, because it was very important for Michael to be in movies."

It is odd that the second scandal also hit at the time he was about to make the movie "They Cage The Animals At Night." (Read the other post on this if you haven't read it already.) It was that second false accusation that derailed that movie for Michael as well, and for the exact same reason, “Suddenly, nobody wanted to touch him…"  I'm probably off in left field, but it appears to me that for some reason(s), someone(s) did not want Michael to venture off into this new endeavor! Whoever they were they had to be someone in a position to know what he was doing, when he was doing it and had enough power to get those accusations brought about! (A conspiracy of another kind, hmmmm!)  suspicious//  And now I'm thinking that in order for him to do what he has wanted to do since starring in "The Wiz," he has had to do it under the cover of being dead! How sad is that. :(  But once it's done, it's done!

I believe that one reason among many for this hoax, is for the world to come to know and understand who Micheal really is. And it's working. The longer Michael is away, and the more I look into things concerning him, I can understand how and why the lyrics of many of his songs came to be. Especially this one!

[align=center:2miq5opi]"Tell me what has become of my rights
Am I invisible because you ignore me?
Your proclamation promised me free liberty, now
I'm tired of bein' the victim of shame
They're throwing me in a class with a bad name
I can't believe this is the land from which I came
You know I do really hate to say it
The government don't wanna see
But if Roosevelt was livin'
He wouldn't let this be, no, no"[/align:2miq5opi]

This hoax, with its subsequent movie, "It Was All For Love!" is truly "V!" Loving it!  bounce/  

This is Academy Award material of another kind!!! Hit 'em where it hurts Michael!! penguin/
Signed #1 supporter of Michael Jackson "The King of Movies"!
OnTheWingsOfLove!

Stay blessed, Kristina! bearhug
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions