Quote from: "White_Orchid"
Thank you for your responses as they were ILLUMINATI-ng.  For those that don't know that 'black-face' existed/exists, please see links provided in earlier posts. Michael's messgae included this 'hot' topic. I tabled it so a little bit of light was shed on the discussion.    

The NAACP has shutdown a 'black-face' mime vaudeville act because the NAACP felt that 'black-face' was demeaning, and yet, the NAACP permits 'white-face' mime in church.
Mime is performance art imitation mime and very different from praise dancing/praise singing.  

Three things really shock me:

1-fusion of mime and religion
2-fusion off religion and politics
3-NAACP double standard regarding white-face/black face

I find both of gospel mime and the NAACP double standards as promoting racism and creating social division which manifest as racial wars and discrimination.

Mind control is not just the Illuminati and music industry.  Mind control is the 'brand' we buy, our governments, our relgions, etc. Freemasons like Dr. E E Jones of Galilee Missionary Baptist Church and Rev Al Sharpton have fused politics into the Afro-American churches.

The forum reponses were the same as the public's response to the Obama Joker poster, mixed. I'm looking for explanations.  Gospel 'white=face' was built on the graves of black people who belived they were entitled to equal rights.

Thank you  for all responses, I'm going to call a few Freemasons and the NAACP for an explanation of their double standards as I find  it offensive and a step back into a racist past.

Wow you need prayer.  Everything is not about illuminati/mind control.  God is in control.  Besides what does this have to do with MJ regarding the death hoax anyway?  Are you serious?
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

I'm getting complaints about this thread, so I'll close it for now because I need to go to work. I'll check it out tonight to see if this thread should stay or go.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Corroborree: I'd love to tell you how long the Australian Aborigines have done this for..

but I might be a few hundreds of thousands years wrong in my estimations. Either way, it was LONG before the white man brutally invaded this land.

Jungle facepaint.

Goes back to seventeenth-century Japan..

For the record, Geisha's did not paint their faces this way to depict a "white whore".  :roll:

With respect to your opinion, I must disagree and point out that to me this is art. it's cultural expression. And normally ripe with sacred traditions. The white face mime links you have posted seem harmless at this present time. The problem with black face mime is that it is blatantly obvious that it was used to ridicule and devalue. They didn't even try to hide it. If you can tell me what hardship in YOUR life, or your ancestors life this is insulting then I might understand how this is discriminating.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"They're coming to a rock and roll concert and watching television. That says it all." - Larry Mullen jr on the ZooTV experience.

Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 02:01:15 AM by rag doll
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "rag doll"
Quote from: "msteetee34"
Okay first of all there is no such thing as white face mime.  Secondly, white people who are mimers wear white paint on their faces as well.  So I don't understand what you are trying to say.  White paint is used to show up the facial expressions while miming.  Black paint is also used on the eyebrows and lips.  It's a form of expression and creativity.  This is in no way racist.  I am very offended by this because I happen to be on a  mime praise and dance team.  We're all about doing God's ministry to all cultures.  There are all nationalities at my church and no one is offended by it.  Now for black face that was indeed a form of mockery to black people back in the day.  White entertainers would wear black face and put white paint on their lips to make them look really huge.  They were making fun of black people.  So before you post something like this you need to get your facts right and use some tact.  It's hurtful as a black woman that you would even compare the two.  I can't even believe that you would quote MJ and say that the black churches that do this need to make a change.  I'm sorry but this post is very ignorant and SHOULD BE CLOSED!  Hello even MJ himself loved mime as we see in the photo posted above with a white mimer wearing white face paint.  You basically just offended every black person I'm sure on this web site.  I pray that God will open your eyes and give you a serious wake up call.

I´m not familar with the tradition of mimes in church, this is not common where I come from and I´ve never heard of it before.
That´s quite interesting - can you tell me what they´re doing during the service? What is their function?
Do mimes participate in all churches in North-America or only in certain religious communities?

Sorry for being so curious (and probably off topic), but it really interests me.  :)

Sure I can answer the question for you.  Basically what we do is we take a gospel song and we interpret the words using mime and dance.  We're basically bringing the song to life.  It's like we're giving the audience a visual interpretation of the song.  It's just like if you go to a ballet like Swan lake the dance is telling the story.  So it's kind of like the same concept except we're doing it in church as an artistic way to express our love for God.  I hope that gives you a better idea.  If you go to youtube and type in praise dance or mime in church there are lots of videos there.  Not all churches do this but there are a lot who do it now along with praise dancing.  I think it's awesome.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions