Re: FEAR - The Slow Murder of Michael Jackson
February 26, 2010, 12:12:53 PM
Quote from: "reading_on"
I really can't read this article without reliving in my head something Diane Sawyer said in an interview with Lisa Marie. This interview took place after they Michael and Lisa were divorced.

Firstly, she was sort of laughing with furrowed brow as she asked the questions again about why Lisa had married Michael. I found that disgusting, why would she do that?...and then she said the thing that left me absolutely dumbfounded.."But what about the way he looks?". You want to know why I am dumbfounded (and understand I am a fan not a fanatic over Michael, I tend to keep my feet firmly planted on earth..lol), because I could not understand the question. It was as if to say don't you think he looks weird.

Remember this question would have been about Michael in his hey day as well. Thousands of women would swoon over him, love him, marry and tell him he was beautiful. Diane didn't need to have my opinion that he was cute as hell to know that the question must have sounded cuckoo to some people, infuriating to others.. but tell me who was that question really guided toward?

She knew that there were millions that loved him.  She wasn't out of the know. Why exert such strong negative words into a question.

I tried to watch that interview but just watching the beginning of it makes me furious!! Everyone's entitled to their own opnion of course but Diane is supposed to be a journalist but instead she's acting like a plain bully. That might sound silly because Michael has so many people that love him and all but what she was doing was pure evil  :x . I don't understand what point she was trying to make in that interview, it definitely seems like she has something personal against Michael. Why would a grown supposedly well educated woman behave like that? I would have been ashamed of myself if I did that.

I don't believe in violence at all but many times I just want to punch that b**ch in the face, her behaviour is unacceptable!
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

February 26, 2010, 12:26:17 PM
this1crazygirl, nobody should look at this program is the best we can do :evil:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Kuki

February 26, 2010, 12:34:04 PM
Thank you for posting this Souza! Again, it hit me like a bomb....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Proud member of Michael\'s army of L.O.V.E.!

The Truth Isn\'t Waiting To Be Found. It\'s Waiting To Be BeLIEved.

February 26, 2010, 12:34:21 PM
Excellent article, thanks for posting it, Souza  ;)  :)

I guess that was exactly what a whole lot of people - like myself - drove to take a deeper look at this unique man that seemed to be with us through all times ... and reflected everything (and maybe a little more) modern societies have to deal with.

My first thought on June 25th was not "what happened?" but "OMG, what have we done?" - to him = to us. Well, what an impact ...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[size=150]L.O.V.E.  Aintnosunshine[/size]

Kuki

February 26, 2010, 12:38:32 PM
Yes, indeed.......that is THE question: what the hell have we done to him?!  :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Proud member of Michael\'s army of L.O.V.E.!

The Truth Isn\'t Waiting To Be Found. It\'s Waiting To Be BeLIEved.

paula-c

February 26, 2010, 01:25:50 PM
Kuki, the answer is easy, I think I really do not listen ... :cry:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 26, 2010, 06:56:12 PM
Quote from: "i[MISS
my[KING]"]amen to that.
Yup  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 26, 2010, 07:51:20 PM
and more importantly, what did we make him do to himself?  Live secluded, exiled away from human touch, emotion, conversation, alone and lonely.  He lost the sparkle in his eyes.  He became like a distant, deserted island.  And all he ever wanted was to give and receive love. Look at how we treated our treasure :cry:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

loma

February 26, 2010, 08:21:05 PM
Can't.. stop.. reading!
This article is amazing.
It completely expressed some thoughts I couldn't quite put my finger on.
 :cry: Makes me ashamed of being an American.
Though, all in all, I think Michael lived/is living a life that nobody could ever repeat.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Michael, we\'ll never stop loving you.
We\'re all wishing you well, and wishing you home.

February 26, 2010, 09:08:11 PM
Quote from: "loma"
Can't.. stop.. reading!
This article is amazing.
It completely expressed some thoughts I couldn't quite put my finger on.
 :cry: Makes me ashamed of being an American.
Though, all in all, I think Michael lived/is living a life that nobody could ever repeat.
Don't be ashamed, Loma, because WE are America, not those small clusters of greedy individuals that try to run the show. This nation has done a lot of things that no other ever dreamed was possible, yes we are whack in plenty of ways, but we're still a great nation, and that is thanks to US the PEOPLE! If it weren't for our nation, Michael wouldn't even be here right now! We can't let the "elite" rule the way we think about everything, we are the people, the true CITIZENS of the United States of America and we need to think for ourselves and be proud of US!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

loma

February 26, 2010, 11:52:20 PM
Quote from: "PinkTopaz"
Don't be ashamed, Loma, because WE are America, not those small clusters of greedy individuals that try to run the show. This nation has done a lot of things that no other ever dreamed was possible, yes we are whack in plenty of ways, but we're still a great nation, and that is thanks to US the PEOPLE! If it weren't for our nation, Michael wouldn't even be here right now! We can't let the "elite" rule the way we think about everything, we are the people, the true CITIZENS of the United States of America and we need to think for ourselves and be proud of US!
:|  :) You're right.
Thanks.
Quote from: "hesouttamylife"
and more importantly, what did we make him do to himself?  Live secluded, exiled away from human touch, emotion, conversation, alone and lonely.  He lost the sparkle in his eyes.  He became like a distant, deserted island.  And all he ever wanted was to give and receive love. Look at how we treated our treasure :cry:
I noticed that too.  :(
But I also can't imagine how Michael, so beautiful, could find a woman to understand him.
Most of the women he tried to befriend, child stars, weren't good enough.
Sometimes I wish he'd found that woman. Sure, us fans would have been extremely jealous ( :oops: )
but we can't be that selfish. He received an overwhelming amount of love from us, his fans.
It's not the same kind of love. And I don't wanna say it, but I have to.
It was probably our fault.
But with the pain we caused him (ex. the airport "little michael" incident), we made him a different man.
A stronger, but troubled one. He says he wouldn't change anything in his life, but I'm sure deep down, we probably scarred him. It makes me feel terrible.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 27, 2010, 01:18:56 AM
Quote from: "loma"
Quote from: "PinkTopaz"
:|  :) You're right.
Thanks.
Quote from: "hesouttamylife"
I noticed that too.  :(
But I also can't imagine how Michael, so beautiful, could find a woman to understand him.
Most of the women he tried to befriend, child stars, weren't good enough.
Sometimes I wish he'd found that woman. Sure, us fans would have been extremely jealous ( :oops: )
but we can't be that selfish. He received an overwhelming amount of love from us, his fans.
It's not the same kind of love. And I don't wanna say it, but I have to.
It was probably our fault.
But with the pain we caused him (ex. the airport "little michael" incident), we made him a different man.
A stronger, but troubled one. He says he wouldn't change anything in his life, but I'm sure deep down, we probably scarred him. It makes me feel terrible.
But fans cannot determine how someone else lives their life.. Ultimately, YOU are responsible for your own life, no one else..I agree though that there were many,  many selfish, stupid fans that behaved like baboons in the past.. However, don't all celebrities live secluded like that? And how do we know he hasn't had many good relationships in secrecy? I think that sometimes his life is dramatized greatly, not that I'm trying to minimize his sufferings, as I know he's had them..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

loma

February 27, 2010, 01:46:23 AM
True.  :)
Eff the haters.
I'm just hoping he found that right person.
Yeah, I get that his life was greatly dramatized, as the tabloids might have wanted us to think.
I understand this story of his "Slow Murder", and I actually think that we, as an audience, controlled a huge part of his life.  :(
This really makes me hope harder that he is alive. He'd see that we really loved him, and that we're truly sorry.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

February 27, 2010, 10:56:42 AM
I don't know if that statement that we are all responsible for ourselves applies to Michael Jackson always.

1) He had people that told him what to do all the time schedules, business affairs, music promoters doctors. They told him not to be responsible for himself. They would take care of things.

2) If you such a star that you actually had to hide to keep from being pulled apart. Painfully apart. Do you not change your plan of actions based on the fear of pain and demise?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is just putting on its shoes.

Mark Twain

February 27, 2010, 12:11:25 PM
I don't know of any other star who lived as secluded as Micheal.  Not one.  It was extreme.  No telling what kinds of thoughts were going through Michael's head because when you have that much time alone your thoughts can consume you.  It is somewhat apparent to me that Michael was at least to some extent experiencing some paranoia.  Agreed that it could have been warranted, or it could even have been interjected by those who were around him, in his small, tight circle.  But he was afraid and in my book, a great deal of that fear came from him not having any socialization with other people.  A person with that kind of energy and no where to release it will turn it inward and it will eat them alive.  Michael Jackson needed to fly, but instead he stayed cooped up behind ornate gates, upstairs in a room in beautiful mansion that should have been filled with friends and joy and music and love and laughter but instead became his personal prison.  I HATE IT :?  It is not natural for any human being to live that reality. I don't care how much money you have, without the proper interaction with other human beings, you cannot and will not live happily ever after. Sometimes I feel Michael was being misled by people who were close to him lending to him feeling  he was being targeted and feeling trapped.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions