liegi

Your theory makes a lot of sense and the evidence we have seems to point in this direction. For instance, his death certificate states he was an entertainer for 45 years. Clearly, he wanted to emphasize the fact that he had been the King of Pop for many years, since childhood, and he had given enough. His 02 speech when he emphasized how much he loved his fans ("You must know that") also is another indication he was leaving.  In the DaveDave interview he provides us with the reason for doing this--to disconnect from his father's legacy. Perhaps Michael has been doing something for so long to please his father and now he has decided to do something for himself.  He has become his own man.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "DREAMSandTRUTH"
Quote from: "teine21"
Yup, the memorial, funeral, tributes were all for the FANS to say goodbye & celebrate him as the King of Pop. I think now, he's either living a normal life out of the spotlight or he's working behind the scenes either on movies or on the business side of things. However, I think he got tired of being the King of Pop. He kept going for so long because of the fans & with that life came all of the bad parts in his life as well. Now he's liberated himself from ALL of that. He can start fresh doing something else. I wouldn't blame him, if I had 40+ years in the music business, having next to no privacy, tons of expectations, living under a microscope, being ridiculed, everybody's punchline, media bs my whole career, I'd eventually give it up too. Also he gave his all to the world through music, his dance, his love, his humanitarian work & what did he receive in return? Yes, he had us fans but other people in the business didn't respect him, a lot of people in the world turned on him. He loved singing, dancing & entertaining but he said a long time ago that wanted to do other things & that he would eventually disappear & be behind the scenes. He was human after all, there's only so much a person can take before they say I'm done. He gave so much to all of us, he maybe feels like he's done all he can with his music, he's trying to spread his message & use his genius in other forms now.
This theory makes no sense for me... Just think about it: he still has to wear disguises when he wants to go somewhere without people seeing he is MJ, just like before he "died".
And if he didn't want to be the King of Pop anymore, he could have said that he is tired of that and wants to do movies. Announcing it instead of faking his death is way easier and much normal. He doesn't have to lie. Lying this big just for your own reasons would cause a great twinge of conscience, wouldn't it?
"but other people in the business didn't respect him" Other celebrities did respect him - at least this is what most of them said. And those who wanted his money doesn't respect anyone, not just him. Those people are simply sick.

He's been announcing it for years that he was going to disappear one day & that he wanted to movies. He's said that in more than one interview. He didn't say "I'm going to fake my death but he said he didn't want to grow old in the spotlight, that he was going to disappear & be behind the scenes & that he didn't want to tour anymore. I'm not pulling this out of thin air. Also, other artists respected him...okay, where were they during & post trial? Where was their love & respect BEFORE he died? Some artists did, & some of his friends but way more people turned on him & didn't have anything to do with him than those who supported him. That's just common knowledge. When he was being accused of things & taken to trial & people hated him, even after his innocence was proved, that's when he needed their respect, love & support but did we ever hear statements of support from those who SAY they loved & respected him, nope. Instead we heard...silence. It's always cool for people to want to say they loved someone when they pass away. It's not necessarily how they really feel. If he were still around, they'd still make fun of him in songs, videos & movies. They're so full of sh*t.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

On the outset, I think this theory on the real meaning behind the LKL DD interview makes alot of sense and I tend to want to embrace the notion that the King of Pop is dead, but Michael Jackson is alive and well and living in...  :?:

But, what gets me every time is:  if this is true, why Murray?  How does putting an innocent man on trial factor in to simply being tired of the rat race and wanting to disappear and enjoy life, "behind the scenes".   I guess some would say that Murray is an example of what it's like to be proven guilty in the court of public opinion without due process, but I don't get the logic and the expense of trying an innocent man because you faked your death -- if Murray is in fact innocent.   Therefore, given the extreme compassion Michael possesses, there's got to be more to the Murray story than MJ just wanting to disappear.  IMHO.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

Quote from: "chloead505"
The numbers are totally far-fatched. I just don't get how come 7 and 9 keep on re-appearing. That's why I said it could just as well be a nasty game... :?

As for the reason to fake his death: I actually do think that Elvis might have something to do with it: We all know MJ said he's afraid he's gonna end like him (elvis) "the way he did". I mean that's kinda strange, to say the least.
[/b]

any evidence he said this to anyone other than lisa marie?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

Quote from: "SoldierofLOVE"
On the outset, I think this theory on the real meaning behind the LKL DD interview makes alot of sense and I tend to want to embrace the notion that the King of Pop is dead, but Michael Jackson is alive and well and living in...  :?:

But, what gets me every time is:  if this is true, why Murray?  How does putting an innocent man on trial factor in to simply being tired of the rat race and wanting to disappear and enjoy life, "behind the scenes".   I guess some would say that Murray is an example of what it's like to be proven guilty in the court of public opinion without due process, but I don't get the logic and the expense of trying an innocent man because you faked your death -- if Murray is in fact innocent.   Therefore, given the extreme compassion Michael possesses, there's got to be more to the Murray story than MJ just wanting to disappear.  IMHO.

True.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

HELLO GUYS SORRY BUT JERMAINE SAID IN HIS ANNOUNCEMENT MY BROTHER,THE LEGENDARY KING OF POP DIED.JUST LISTEN TO IT.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

liegi

Good point--why would he say "the legendary king of pop".  Maybe Michael was sick and tired of hearing that phrase. That must have been a heavy load to carry all these years. I imagine he would have had the time to think this through between 2005-2009.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Maybe the double made the O2-announcement because Michael could not bring about himself to do his farewell-speech...just a theory.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

liegi

That's a good idea. Dermot O'Leary said Michael was visibly shaken and turned to him for support. Dermot gave him the "thumbs up"!  It must be hard to leave your fans, even if you know you have no choice (which I imagine was the case).  Perhaps Michael had serious health issues.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

pepper

Quote from: "AgentBJ"
Maybe the double made the O2-announcement because Michael could not bring about himself to do his farewell-speech...just a theory.

I've thought this same thing.  Here's something I wrote (and posted about a year ago) -

[youtube:13jggg44]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiwnF2R2YE0[/youtube:13jggg44]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Start the video at 2:40

Michael's actual words are in "quotes"

(softly spoken, not yet on the microphone) "I love you.  I love you so much.  I love you so much."
"Um, thank you all." For waiting an hour and a half for me to get here today – I 'm kind of nervous and I really had to talk myself into coming at all.  I 'm very nervous.  I'm not sure you are going to like what I am about to tell you[/b]

(someone in the audience starts chanting "this is it")

(cough)  "This is it, this is it, this is it."   THIS is it!
"But anyway…  But I, I, I just want to say that, um, these (exhale) these will be my final show performances in London. " Sorry, sometimes I accidentally make things plural. (hee-hee)  I mean my final show performance in London. Today, THIS performance in London.

"This will be it. This is it and when I say this is it, it really means this is it.  Really. Because um heh,heh,heh." Because I want to separate myself from the 'King of Pop' and just become Michael Jackson the person, the Dad, the film-maker.  I have a rather radical plan, and my performance  today is part of it all.

(audience chants "King of Pop")

Yes I am, and "I'll be, I'll be performing the songs my fans want to hear." I'll actually be performing them in my upcoming movie/documentary, also entitled This is It, believe it or not!  "This is it.  I mean this is really it." THIS. Today. Right now. This is my last performance as Michael Jackson the King of Pop/Entertainer "This is the final, this is the final curtain call.  Okay? and um, I'll see you in July…"   Well, I'll see you, but you won't see me  "heh, heh, heh"
"and"

(audience "we love you Michael")

"I love you."  And I'm really sorry it has to be this way, but it is the only way to accomplish what needs to be accomplished.  I hope you will understand and forgive me.  In the end it will all make sense.  And the troot, I mean truth, will prevail.  "I really do, you have to know that I love you so much.  Really.  From the bottom of my heart.  This is it." The last time I will 'perform' "And see you in July." At my memorial.  I'll be in the second row.  Wearing a light-colored fedora. And sunglasses. ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

@pepper:
a pretty convincing theory!  :shock:  I like it! You  put it so well!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Please, click "I Like It" on my Facebook page if you like my drawings :) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<br>

I was just remembering something, in TII after idk which performance it was, he takes off his jacket, throws it down & stomps on it. Then talks about setting it on fire & watching it burn. This could be symbolic, as I'm done with this life, Michael Jackson the entertainer is no more. The King of Pop is dead. Just something to think about, he seemed adimate about it. That plus the announcement of the concerts was pretty self explanitory, just like Pepper pointed out, plus the LKL interview w/ "Dave Dave", plus the Geraldo interview. He was telling us, he's done. The movie was for us I think, plus the new albums coming out. However, the death thing I think took a turn due to him being the LEGENDARY KING OF POP & people not wanting to let him retire, they wanted him around & to make a comeback, thus possibly trying to drug him to make him but he survived & is now pulling the strings to try to take them down. Just a possibility, I have a hard time seeing managers & etc, whoever letting him just retire. They probably rehired themselves to try to talk or force him out of it. jmo.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yup, the memorial, funeral, tributes were all for the FANS to say goodbye & celebrate him as the King of Pop. I think now, he's either living a normal life out of the spotlight or he's working behind the scenes either on movies or on the business side of things. However, I think he got tired of being the King of Pop. He kept going for so long because of the fans & with that life came all of the bad parts in his life as well. Now he's liberated himself from ALL of that. He can start fresh doing something else. I wouldn't blame him, if I had 40+ years in the music business, having next to no privacy, tons of expectations, living under a microscope, being ridiculed, everybody's punchline, media bs my whole career, I'd eventually give it up too. Also he gave his all to the world through music, his dance, his love, his humanitarian work & what did he receive in return? Yes, he had us fans but other people in the business didn't respect him, a lot of people in the world turned on him. He loved singing, dancing & entertaining but he said a long time ago that wanted to do other things & that he would eventually disappear & be behind the scenes. He was human after all, there's only so much a person can take before they say I'm done. He gave so much to all of us, he maybe feels like he's done all he can with his music, he's trying to spread his message & use his genius in other forms now.
This theory makes no sense for me... Just think about it: he still has to wear disguises when he wants to go somewhere without people seeing he is MJ, just like before he "died".
And if he didn't want to be the King of Pop anymore, he could have said that he is tired of that and wants to do movies. Announcing it instead of faking his death is way easier and much normal. He doesn't have to lie. Lying this big just for your own reasons would cause a great twinge of conscience, wouldn't it?
"but other people in the business didn't respect him" Other celebrities did respect him - at least this is what most of them said. And those who wanted his money doesn't respect anyone, not just him. Those people are simply sick.

He's been announcing it for years that he was going to disappear one day & that he wanted to movies. He's said that in more than one interview. He didn't say "I'm going to fake my death but he said he didn't want to grow old in the spotlight, that he was going to disappear & be behind the scenes & that he didn't want to tour anymore. I'm not pulling this out of thin air. Also, other artists respected him...okay, where were they during & post trial? Where was their love & respect BEFORE he died? Some artists did, & some of his friends but way more people turned on him & didn't have anything to do with him than those who supported him. That's just common knowledge. When he was being accused of things & taken to trial & people hated him, even after his innocence was proved, that's when he needed their respect, love & support but did we ever hear statements of support from those who SAY they loved & respected him, nope. Instead we heard...silence. It's always cool for people to want to say they loved someone when they pass away. It's not necessarily how they really feel. If he were still around, they'd still make fun of him in songs, videos & movies. They're so full of sh*t.
But this is not the best way to communicate clearly. Millions of his fans still think he died, moreover, that he was murdered. His "death" caused a really big scar in all of his fans. And he has MANY. If he faked his death only for getting out of the King of Pop status, this reason would be unacceptable for me. He has a huge responsibility towards his fans, whether he likes it or not. Life is not easy, and he is not the only one suffering.

When Michael appeared at some award shows, you could see on the faces of many artists that they really respect him. They learned a lot from him. Of course, people are different, so as artists. IDK who supported him seriously, I don't read/watch much news/shows where I could hear about it. And who knows what they really think...
All I wanna say is that even though Michael had a very hard life as the King of Pop, he cannot just fake his death because he has had enough. I don't think God would like it...
Of course, this is only my opinion.
Whatever he wants to achieve with this hoax, I love him and wish him the best.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

But this is not the best way to communicate clearly. Millions of his fans still think he died, moreover, that he was murdered. His "death" caused a really big scar in all of his fans. And he has MANY. If he faked his death only for getting out of the King of Pop status, this reason would be unacceptable for me. He has a huge responsibility towards his fans, whether he likes it or not. Life is not easy, and he is not the only one suffering.

When Michael appeared at some award shows, you could see on the faces of many artists that they really respect him. They learned a lot from him. Of course, people are different, so as artists. IDK who supported him seriously, I don't read/watch much news/shows where I could hear about it. And who knows what they really think...
All I wanna say is that even though Michael had a very hard life as the King of Pop, he cannot just fake his death because he has had enough. I don't think God would like it...

Like I said in my post right above this, I think he wanted to retire, which fans or not he has the right to do. I think he gave us his TII film & albums that are going to be coming out as his last gift to us. I mean he gave us 40+ years of entertainment, music & love, he doesn't really owe us anything. Yes, we are his fans & he loves us but he's been performing & making music all his life & he's been the King of Pop for decades. I wouldn't be surprised that he got tired of it. But I think it took a dangerous turn & turned into a hoax when certain people refused to let him retire, they were probably trying to drug him to make him stick around & be their cash cow forever. I think now, he is trying to take them down, through the trial. I don't think he hoaxed his death to retire, I think he was telling us he was going to, he would've done it regardless but the hoax happened when THEY wouldn't let him. That's my opinion. I think it's much more complex, but that's the basic idea I have.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Like I said in my post right above this, I think he wanted to retire, which fans or not he has the right to do. I think he gave us his TII film & albums that are going to be coming out as his last gift to us. I mean he gave us 40+ years of entertainment, music & love, he doesn't really owe us anything. Yes, we are his fans & he loves us but he's been performing & making music all his life & he's been the King of Pop for decades. I wouldn't be surprised that he got tired of it. But I think it took a dangerous turn & turned into a hoax when certain people refused to let him retire, they were probably trying to drug him to make him stick around & be their cash cow forever. I think now, he is trying to take them down, through the trial. I don't think he hoaxed his death to retire, I think he was telling us he was going to, he would've done it regardless but the hoax happened when THEY wouldn't let him. That's my opinion. I think it's much more complex, but that's the basic idea I have.

I agree. Michael didnt owe anybody ANYTHING. He did give us his all and his true die-hard fans stood by him thru thick and thin like myself. Sure over the years he did loose some fans who wavered but he gained more all the time, especially in his "death" This woke people up who were too blinded before to see what kind of human people and person he is and his contributions not only to the music industry, the black industry but to the world with all his humanitarian efforts. He did say he didnt like/want to tour anymore. He also said he didnt want to tour because of being OVERWORKED. He has been overworked for years. He needs a permanent break and that is that. He's had it, he's done...THIS IS IT!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Speechless, Speechless, That\'s how you make me feel!!!
I Love You now and forever Michael

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal