this1crazygirl

Re: NEW Record Deal for Michael
March 15, 2010, 11:45:56 PM
Quote from: "lovemj4everandever"
Contracts are NOT RETROACTIVE!  That is all SPIN!  Our dear Michael signed this contract in 2008!!!!  That is why the two year extension takes it 2017 instead of 2019!  

:mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

contracts can be retroactive. this one not sure, but they can be made retroactive in respect to a prior deal
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 15, 2010, 11:48:15 PM
10 albums released in 7 years.  If we count from 2010, the contract should end by 2017, but if they get a two year extension, then it should end in 2019.  I get what youre trying to say.  But maybe the report was talking about the 7 years of contract all alone, not including the 2 year extension?  If thats true, then that contract was certainly signed in 2008  :?

These are too many albums to release for a 7 year period... :shock:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jill

March 15, 2010, 11:50:17 PM
This is mind blowing!  So Michael was back in cahoots with Sony after all the other mess?  I have a question though, if he comes back does that make the deal null and void because it was made with the "executors of his estate?"

It would take a legal team to unravel this mess!

If I have missed it completely, someone tell me.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 15, 2010, 11:59:14 PM
Sometimes I can't believe some of these posters are actually on a HOAX site!   :lol:  :lol:

The DEAL was made with MICHAEL!  Michael is ALIVE!  He signed the deal in 2008!  It was 2008 when he contacted Frank DiLeo about making a movie...the kind of movie that had never been done before!  Then he announced a concert tour which he had no time to put together and for dates that were impossible to play because of previously planned and sold tickets by other artists!  

The promo picture released in May of 2009 was for a MOVIE, not a concert!  You know, the picture of Michael standing with Kenny Ortega behind the MOVIE CAMERA?????

Of course, the story says the deal was made with the executors...he is suppose to still be dead, so shhhhh......   :lol:  :lol:  

I'm not trying to be over-bearing but puhhhh....llllease!  This is a HOAX SITE!  We are here because WE KNOW MICHAEL IS ALIVE AND HE IS THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN! And just as Kenny promised, piece by piece by piece, MJ is being revealed!  The articles say it was a 7 year contract.  A 7 year contract.  And that it had a two year extension taking it to 2017...that means it was signed in 2008!  These are the last two lines from the article....

And we're told Sony gets a two-year extension for the right to distribute the Michael Jackson catalog -- to 2017.  
 :mrgreen:
Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 12:01:25 AM by lovemj4everandever
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

March 15, 2010, 11:59:52 PM
My friend Richard whom worked for cirq here in Orlando moved to take over the runnings of the show Love and he told me back in November that they were opening a show about Elvis, and I had asked him if they were thinking about Michael and he told me that they have been talking about it. I need to get his new number there and see if anything is off the ground with that. Im not sure about this whole Sony thing unless they will have something come back to them in the end that is bad, I just don't know since MJ said alot of bad things about them, why would he want to be helping them make more money??
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What most people need to learn in life is how to love people & use things instead of using people & loving things."
"Some see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not." -George Bernard Shaw

March 16, 2010, 12:02:12 AM
Michael quams with Sony was when Motolla was there...he left in 2006.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

jill

March 16, 2010, 12:05:54 AM
Sometimes I can't believe some of these posters are actually on a HOAX site!   :lol:  :lol:

The DEAL was made with MICHAEL!  Michael is ALIVE!  He signed the deal in 2008!  It was 2008 when he contacted Frank DiLeo about making a movie...the kind of movie that had never been done before!  Then he announced a concert tour which he had no time to put together and for dates that were impossible to play because of previously planned and sold tickets by other artists!  

The promo picture released in May of 2009 was for a MOVIE, not a concert!  You know, the picture of Michael standing with Kenny Ortega behind the MOVIE CAMERA?????

Of course, the story says the deal was made with the executors...he is suppose to still be dead, so shhhhh......   :lol:  :lol:  

I'm not trying to be over-bearing but puhhhh....llllease!  This is a HOAX SITE!  We are here because WE KNOW MICHAEL IS ALIVE AND HE IS THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN! And just as Kenny promised, piece by piece by piece, MJ is being revealed!  The articles say it was a 7 year contract.  A 7 year contract.  And that it had a two year extension taking it to 2017...that means it was signed in 2008!  These are the last two lines from the article....

And we're told Sony gets a two-year extension for the right to distribute the Michael Jackson catalog -- to 2017.  

Thanks for the explanation.  I got the part that Michael had signed the contract in 2008.  I guess my question is the huge falling out with Sony has just been a ploy?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

this1crazygirl

March 16, 2010, 12:06:36 AM
this is getting so good
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jill

March 16, 2010, 12:09:40 AM
I always assumed it was Sony/Motolla behind the molestation charges, now that Motolla is not with Sony all the ill will between Michael and the company were healed?  That's a lot to get over in a short period of time.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 16, 2010, 12:16:44 AM
Michael quams with Sony was when Motolla was there...he left in 2006.

Yep, Howard Stringer terminated Mottola  after Mottola forced out  two of the best selling singers, MJ and Mariah Carey.  Maybe MJ did negotiate with Sony after Mottola left.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 16, 2010, 12:19:24 AM
Whoa whoa whoa, GirlSaturday or Souza, could you give slow me a lil' summary of what this means for the hoax? And doesn't MJ own more of Sony than we think..? ^_'
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

this1crazygirl

March 16, 2010, 12:20:34 AM
Quote from: "PinkTopaz"
Whoa whoa whoa, GirlSaturday or Souza, could you give slow me a lil' summary of what this means for the hoax? And doesn't MJ own more of Sony than we think..? ^_'

own more of sony than we think... yep  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jill

March 16, 2010, 12:22:21 AM
If so, that is the best news on the hoax we have gotten so far!  I guess I was concerned they had cornered him or forced him into the deal.  I have been really worried that he was in a position where the hoax was his only option because he wanted out so badly.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

March 16, 2010, 12:23:50 AM
I may be one of these posters that you're referring to. I'm cool with it and I can laugh at myself.  :lol:  8-)

I am one who must ask and question... again. My worst nightmare is to wake up one day years from now and find myself sitting in the same predicament as those Elvis Presley fans. The thought of it just sends chills and I don't mean the good ones either.  :lol:  ;)

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

March 16, 2010, 12:25:30 AM
OK, thought about it some more. The deal is not for games, merchandise etc. and one article states:

In striking the deal, Sony is betting that the appetite for Mr. Jackson's music will prove more than just a spike generated by his unexpected death and the ensuing round-the-clock coverage. A record contract struck in the early 1980s gave Mr. Jackson ownership of his recordings. Sony had the right to distribute those recordings through 2015. The new deal extends that right until 2017, and adds the rights to material recorded since then.

So if I am correct, Sony pays 250 million bucks for songs they already could release the upcoming 5 years.... Meaning they will pay 250 million to have those rights for only 2 more years?

So they will pay 125 million for 2016 and 125 million for 2017. And they think they will make profit on that by then? I don't think so and I also don't think Sony is that stupid.

Something is off. This sounds like a bogus deal to me, if it is really just for the music.

Thoughts anyone?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions