Hello Everyone....not sure I put this in the right place....please feel free to move it if it's not where it should be. I found this article on yahoo and thought it was a wonderful story...but the last part hit me in the heart and made me think of Michael...actually the whole Secret Santa thing reminds me of Michael as something he would do! But the last part about the poster and the 2 hands...it's amazing how things relating to or reminding us of Michael pop up everywhere! Anyway just wanted to share this as it made me smile, with love & joy! :) God Bless the Angels walking among us here on Earth!!
LOVE & Blessings to All :)

Secret Santa spreads joy, disbelief in Kansas City
AP

– Tue Dec 14, 9:45 pm ET

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Secret Santa II hit the streets Tuesday in a long-standing Kansas City tradition of handing out $100 bills — sometimes several at a time — to unsuspecting strangers in thrift stores, food pantries and shelters.

Some people gasped in surprise. Some wanted to know if the $100 bill the tall man in the red cap offered was fake. Others wept.

Secret Santa II has seen a lot of reactions since taking over where his mentor, Kansas City's original Secret Santa, Larry Stewart, left off when he died in 2007 at age 58. Like Stewart, who gave away more than $1 million to strangers each December in mostly $100 bills, this Secret Santa prefers to stay anonymous.

A fake white beard taped to his face, Secret Santa II handed out about $10,000 in total Tuesday. Recipients included a police officer with terminal cancer, a homeless man pushing a rickety old shopping cart, an 81-year-old woman who had recently told her 27 grandchildren she wouldn't be able to afford any Christmas gifts, and Bernadette Turner, a 32-year-old unemployed mother of two.

"It's hard to come by," Turner said looking in disbelief at the $200 Secret Santa had given her.

Then one of Santa's "elves" — another tall man in a red cap — sidled up to next to Turner, asked a few questions, and handed her an additional $100. Turner, whose children are 3 and 8, was overcome.

"I can only afford one gift for each child. But now ...." she said, wiping tears from her cheeks and reaching out for a hug.

"Do you believe in Santa Claus?" Capt. Ray Wynn of the Kansas City, Mo., Fire Department, asked from a few feet away. Wynn had followed Stewart on many "sleigh rides" around the country and now follows this Secret Santa, providing stories, memories and amusing sound effects.

"I do now," Turner said. "I do now."

Secret Santa II took over from Stewart about the time the recession hit and the economy went into a tailspin. Like Stewart, this Secret Santa doesn't talk about his own finances, where those $100 bills come from and if — like for so many people now — they've been harder to come by.

Come December, he just fills his pockets with money, dons his red cap and heads out looking for people to make really happy.

He will likely hand out about $40,000 this December. He says he'll go "till the money runs out."

"The recession, unemployment. This is the time you don't want to stop. You don't want to back off," he said.

He walked up to Peggy Potter, 59, of Kansas City, Kan., who was looking at some framed prints at a thrift store. He made some small talk, put his arm around her and within minutes she was crying. Her son died about a year and a half ago. Her husband died in July and her daughter died soon after that.

"I'm just ... today's been a rough day for me, just thinking about my loved ones," she said. "I've been having a hard time paying for all the funerals."

Santa gave her $200, listened more, hugged her,and told her the poster she was holding had special meaning. It was a photo of two hands, one large, one small. Words printed at the bottom could have been written by Secret Santa, the original or the current one.[/size]

It said: "Kindness in giving creates love."
[/size][/b]
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

Reminder to read later. Maybe a story for the Inspirational stories on You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

Quote from: "~Souza~"
Reminder to read later. Maybe a story for the Inspirational stories on You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ?

What a wonderful story.  :D

Great idea for the inspirational stories  part of the army of love site.  It's amazing to hear how there is still kindness and love and unselfish generosity in the world.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

So inspiring! And very interesting. I think it's interesting that it was in Kansas.. reminds me of Wizard of Oz. Not saying it was Michael  :lol: Although I wouldn't put anything past him.....obviously  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Great idea. I have heard of this Secret Santa before. What an incredibly generous and kind person to do this every year. Thank you for sharing, Jaci. Holiday blessings!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

Great idea Souza...I didn't think about that when I posted it! The part about the picture with a small hand and a larger hand reminded me of Michael & Akon's song "Hold My Hand"

It's wonderful to see there are others in this world that are kind & giving just like Michael...Bless their Hearts!!  :)

Here's the link to the article in case you want it.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

LOVE & Blessings to All!
Keep the FAITH :)
Michael...I LOVE You Always!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

This also makes me think of the department store "Macy's" new Christmas/ Santa promo with the slogan "Believe"
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Up until 2 years ago, I used to live in Kansas City, MO.  It is such a wonderful thing to hear of him doing this.  You could just be walking around the Plaza looking at the lights with your family and he would walk up to you and hand you a $100 bill.  We also had the pay it forward movement there.  It started at a Starbucks, where the person in front of you would pay for your coffee, in hopes that it would keep going and it did for about a week.  Now where I live close to Branson Mo, I have not heard of anyone doing this, but last year after I recovered from a hard financial situation, I paid it forward.  I was at an ice cream shop buying dinner for my family, close to Christmas time and I had told the lady in the drive thru that I wanted to pay for the car behind me.  I didn't care how much it was.  I just wanted them to have a Merry Christmas.  I didn't expect anything in return, not even a thank you.  I paid for my meal, as well as theirs and I told them to tell the car behind me to have a Merry Christmas and to remember to pay it forward.  Just that one little jester that I did continued they closed.  We got our newspaper a few days later and on the front page in big bold lettering.  Kind Patron pays it forward.  In the article the person that I had paid for described what I was driving and wanted to thank me personally for what I had done.  I met the family at that same ice cream shop and they had tried to give me a $50 gift card to the grocery store.  I declined it and asked them to give it to our local pantry for the less fortunate.  Little things like this make all the difference in the world.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: "dragonflylilies"
Up until 2 years ago, I used to live in Kansas City, MO.  It is such a wonderful thing to hear of him doing this.  You could just be walking around the Plaza looking at the lights with your family and he would walk up to you and hand you a $100 bill.  We also had the pay it forward movement there.  It started at a Starbucks, where the person in front of you would pay for your coffee, in hopes that it would keep going and it did for about a week.  Now where I live close to Branson Mo, I have not heard of anyone doing this, but last year after I recovered from a hard financial situation, I paid it forward.  I was at an ice cream shop buying dinner for my family, close to Christmas time and I had told the lady in the drive thru that I wanted to pay for the car behind me.  I didn't care how much it was.  I just wanted them to have a Merry Christmas.  I didn't expect anything in return, not even a thank you.  I paid for my meal, as well as theirs and I told them to tell the car behind me to have a Merry Christmas and to remember to pay it forward.  Just that one little jester that I did continued they closed.  We got our newspaper a few days later and on the front page in big bold lettering.  Kind Patron pays it forward.  In the article the person that I had paid for described what I was driving and wanted to thank me personally for what I had done.  I met the family at that same ice cream shop and they had tried to give me a $50 gift card to the grocery store.  I declined it and asked them to give it to our local pantry for the less fortunate.  Little things like this make all the difference in the world.

What a wonderful story dragonflylilies....thank you for sharing! I had this happen to me just recently. I decided to treat myself to calorie induced treat at Tim Horton's one night....when I pulled up to the window the ladies there told me that my order was paid for....I was shocked and in disbelief ....I asked them why and they explained to me that the person ahead of me had paid for my order. I almost started crying....I had never had anyone do that for me! The ladies told me that this man always does it and that he had hoped it would be something others would continue....I asked them if they would be sure to tell him "thank you" for me and that I would indeed pay it forward and do the same for others!

I was just so touched....I felt like there are Angels out there among us everyday that go unnoticed. That night I only had enough money to indulge in my treat and felt that this gift was truly sent from heaven above! So now every chance I get, when I have extra money...I do the same for others....I also donate all of my families clothing and children's toys to our Domestic Violence shelter...it's such a wonderful, blessed feeling to be able to give to others. God Bless you all & I pray everyone has a Joyous, Blessed Christmas!!

LOVE & Blessings to All!
Keep the FAITH :)
Michael...I LOVE You Always!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late