MJJ1982

Re: OPUS
December 21, 2009, 04:24:58 PM
Quote from: "hesouttamylife"
They removed the memorial wall middle page and replaced it with something else.  I really wish they hadn't done that.  And hell no.  I still have not received mine yet.

You mean that they removed this:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
\'Just because it\'s in print, doesn\'t mean it\'s the gospel\'

\'A star can never die. It just turns into a smile and melts back into the cosmic music, the Dance of Life\'
You\'re just another part of me... I love YOU more...

December 21, 2009, 06:20:13 PM
Well, I finally got my...tracking info from FedEx today! So if it's accurate, my OPUS will arrive tomorrow (22nd!). Hope it's true.  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

(Translation = Just because I might disagree with you does not mean I\'m attacking you.)

December 21, 2009, 06:29:23 PM
Oh good, I'm glad to hear that!  I guess there's still hope to get them before Christmas.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I will always love you Michael!

Lady J

December 23, 2009, 08:27:26 AM
Please..once again!!! Did they remove the Memorial wall????
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Lady J

December 23, 2009, 08:29:09 AM
Quote from: "hesouttamylife"
They removed the memorial wall middle page and replaced it with something else.  I really wish they hadn't done that.  And hell no.  I still have not received mine yet.

Please donĀ“t tell me they put the coffin pic instead!  :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 24, 2009, 03:26:22 PM
Finally got mine, but haven't had a chance to look at it yet. Might start later tonight. Too much going on over Xmas! Sigh. But I love it...peeked a little bit just to catch a glimpse of that beautiful face. :) It's huge. It's heavy. It's amazing. Can't wait to look at every single page!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

(Translation = Just because I might disagree with you does not mean I\'m attacking you.)

MJJ1982

December 24, 2009, 05:03:24 PM
It seems like most people didn't receive it before Christmas. That's not nice at all!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
\'Just because it\'s in print, doesn\'t mean it\'s the gospel\'

\'A star can never die. It just turns into a smile and melts back into the cosmic music, the Dance of Life\'
You\'re just another part of me... I love YOU more...

December 26, 2009, 03:35:33 AM
Wow I want one! Quite expensive though...

But how is this possible (if MJ is dead):

"The only new publication approved and endorsed by Michael Jackson himself, and by the estate of Michael Jackson"

Or is this a project pre-"death"?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Sunflower shower for Mr Jackson
--

December 26, 2009, 04:43:05 AM
I did not receive the Opus yet. Pre-order Sep. 24.
I've send an email to Ticket Master and the answer was that is not their responsibilty and they gave me 2 emails from krankengroup.com.
I send them today a "nice" email.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 26, 2009, 02:46:47 PM
Quote from: "suomursu"
Wow I want one! Quite expensive though...

But how is this possible (if MJ is dead):

"The only new publication approved and endorsed by Michael Jackson himself, and by the estate of Michael Jackson"

Or is this a project pre-"death"?

MJ was working on the OPUS with the krakenopus group pre-June 25.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 26, 2009, 04:44:25 PM
So guys,I know we buy everything that just has the impression of Michael on it. I got that big box thingamajig at Wal Mart today. I want the Opus just because it is the only thing endorsed by the estate. IT IS JUST SO EXPENSIVE...and it would have been expensive wether or not June 25th had happened...all the Opus's are. Was it worth the buy and are you satisfied? Is it something you buy because of what it is-or something that if you had never heard of it you wouldn't miss anything? I read Jenny saying alot of it she had seen and read before...which was kind of odd to me.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Love you more...forever

December 26, 2009, 07:24:43 PM
Quote from: "neverlandprincess"
So guys,I know we buy everything that just has the impression of Michael on it. I got that big box thingamajig at Wal Mart today. I want the Opus just because it is the only thing endorsed by the estate. IT IS JUST SO EXPENSIVE...and it would have been expensive wether or not June 25th had happened...all the Opus's are. Was it worth the buy and are you satisfied? Is it something you buy because of what it is-or something that if you had never heard of it you wouldn't miss anything? I read Jenny saying alot of it she had seen and read before...which was kind of odd to me.

I personally do NOT buy everything that "just has the impression of Michael on it." I have never felt the need to buy everything with his name or likeness on it or in it. I don't even have all of his CD's. For me, that's just not the point. I buy what moves me...that which has meaning and value.  I bought the Opus because it's a comprehensive work that covers his entire career through 2009. I bought it because it is supposed to have some (no, not all) photos and other content that are not published elsewhere. I bought it because it is oversized, with large photos, and it is done with quality. But mostly, I bought it because Michael himself was involved in it. So if he gave it his seal of approval, then surely it would be worth the price I paid, which was $180 (including shipping). Would I pay $300? No. $250? Probably not. But under $200 I was willing to spend for this incredible volume that honors the magic and talent of Michael Jackson. It's a collector's item, something I can pass down, and something I will truly cherish. And there won't be too many other things that I will buy like that, because I don't buy things just because they have his name or likeness on them.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 26, 2009, 07:44:58 PM
Quote from: "Christiana"

I personally do NOT buy everything that "just has the impression of Michael on it." I have never felt the need to buy everything with his name or likeness on it or in it. I don't even have all of his CD's. For me, that's just not the point. I buy what moves me...that which has meaning and value.  I bought the Opus because it's a comprehensive work that covers his entire career through 2009. I bought it because it is supposed to have some (no, not all) photos and other content that are not published elsewhere. I bought it because it is oversized, with large photos, and it is done with quality. But mostly, I bought it because Michael himself was involved in it. So if he gave it his seal of approval, then surely it would be worth the price I paid, which was $180 (including shipping). Would I pay $300? No. $250? Probably not. But under $200 I was willing to spend for this incredible volume that honors the magic and talent of Michael Jackson. It's a collector's item, something I can pass down, and something I will truly cherish. And there won't be too many other things that I will buy like that, because I don't buy things just because they have his name or likeness on them.
Ok I was not trying to offend. I dont buy EVERYTHING either-especially all the crappy books or magazines....do have all the cds. I wanted this also because he was working on it and its estate approved and looks like something worht having on many many levels...as you said to pass down. I wanted to get it while it was at that special price but was not able to ,and possible when I am able to get it ,it will be sold out.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Love you more...forever

December 26, 2009, 07:53:45 PM
Quote from: "Christiana"

Ok I was not trying to offend. I dont buy EVERYTHING either-especially all the crappy books or magazines....do have all the cds. I wanted this also because he was working on it and its estate approved and looks like something worht having on many many levels...as you said to pass down. I wanted to get it while it was at that special price but was not able to ,and possible when I am able to get it ,it will be sold out.

Hey, girl. I know you were not trying to offend anyone.  :D  Just wanted to make it clear that I am not a person who buys everything with MJ on it. Sure, some people do that, and that's great if they want to do that. I've seen some great MJ collections of others! But I just don't do that. I'm selective and try to get only what will be most meaningful...to me. So no offense taken at all.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

December 27, 2009, 02:39:24 PM
@christiana
ok -whew lol :lol:  Got to be careful on this board anymore! I understand what you are saying,I try to be the same way-the only commemerative magazine I bought was Ebonys' because it WAS the most respectful with none of the gossip.(Nice pics too). My mom is a big Elvis person and wont buy anything that is not approved by the Presley etstate.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions