Re: Frank Dileo, Dead at 63
August 24, 2011, 08:30:59 PM
Here’s another article. 

NY Times
August 24, 2011
Frank Dileo, Michael Jackson’s Manager, Dies at 63 By BEN SISARIO
Frank Dileo, the stout, cigar-smoking former bookie who was Michael Jackson’s personal manager during much of his 1980s career peak, died on Wednesday in Pittsburgh. He was 63.
The cause was complications from heart surgery in March, said his wife, Linda.
Mr. Dileo was one of a handful of advisers who shepherded Jackson through world tours, endorsement deals and a visit to the White House. Yet at 5 feet 2 inches tall and more than 200 pounds, his hair in a slick ponytail and rings on his pinkies, he cut an unlikely figure next to the Peter Pan-like Jackson.
“You couldn’t find two more different people,” Mr. Dileo once said. “He won’t eat meat; I’ll run out to get a cheeseburger. I’ll take a drink; he won’t touch the stuff.” He added: “Just look at us — he’s skinny, I’m fat. If we stand next to each other, we look like the number 10.”
From 1979 until Jackson hired him as manager in 1984, Mr. Dileo was vice president for promotion at Epic Records, working with acts like Culture Club, Cyndi Lauper and Quiet Riot. Jackson, who also recorded for Epic, credited Mr. Dileo with the radio campaign that helped make the “Thriller” album a worldwide success.
Released in late 1982, “Thriller” has sold well over 50 million copies, according to most estimates, making it the biggest-selling album ever.
Frank Michael Dileo was born in Pittsburgh on Oct. 23, 1947, and got his start in the music business stocking store shelves with new records. In the late 1960s and ’70s he worked in promotion for record companies in Cleveland, Nashville and New York, pitching songs to radio stations.
He had run-ins with the law. Twice in the late ’70s he was convicted of taking bets on college basketball games. At Epic he supported the use of independent promoters, a system of middlemen between labels and radio stations that was investigated by the federal authorities in the 1980s for payola and links to organized crime.
Mr. Dileo, who was not charged, defended the practice, which continues today.
“There’s not anything dishonest going on,” Mr. Dileo said of independent promotion in “Hit Men,” Fredric Dannen’s 1990 book about corruption in the music industry. “Organized crime?” he added. “There ain’t been organized crime since Capone died.”
As Jackson’s manager, he helped negotiate a 1986 endorsement contract with Pepsi that was reported to be worth more than $10 million. In those days Mr. Dileo drove a black Rolls-Royce, a gift from his employer, with the license plate[blink] “THANXMJJ.”[/blink]
But in early 1989 Jackson fired Mr. Dileo, dissatisfied with the sales of his album “Bad.” (Jackson had wanted to sell 100 million copies of the album, but after a year and a half it had sold only 20 million.)
Mr. Dileo soon got a phone call from Martin Scorsese, who had directed the video for Jackson’s song “Bad,” offering a small role as a Mafioso in his next picture, “GoodFellas.” Mr. Dileo played Tuddy Cicero, who kills Joe Pesci’s character, Tommy. He also appeared with Mike Myers and Dana Carvey in the movies “Wayne’s World” and “Wayne’s World 2,” playing a flashy record executive.
In the 1990s Mr. Dileo continued his career as an artist manager, working with Taylor Dayne, Jodeci and Richie Sambora of Bon Jovi. In 2007 he was named chief executive of ValCom, a film, television and theatrical production company.
Mr. Dileo was reunited with Jackson in 2009 as the singer prepared for a run of comeback concerts in London. He signed on as manager again about a month before Jackson died of an overdose of sedatives on June 25 that year; at the U.C.L.A. Medical Center that day, Mr. Dileo informed Jackson’s children that their father had died.
Besides his wife, he is survived by a son, Dominic; a daughter, Belinda; a sister, Rose Marie; and a grandson.
Throughout their time together, Jackson and Mr. Dileo played up their odd-couple image. On the record sleeve for “Bad,” released in 1987, was a picture of the men facing each other in silhouette, a cigar hanging from Mr. Dileo’s mouth. The caption:[blink] “Another great team.[/blink]”

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

BTW - Wasn’t Frank schedule to testify at the trial?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

use_your_illusion

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • If you're reading this...you owe me a dollar
August 24, 2011, 08:55:21 PM
PS. TMZ is still A TABLOID. we don't know if we should trust them as is, and how can we be so certain hes connected with michael in the first place?

Exactly, there isn't really proof that TMZ is working with MJ...anyway this is sad, I can't imagine how he's family is feeling right now.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Do you give up yet?

August 24, 2011, 09:28:56 PM
RIP  :'(

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
EndlesslovetoMJ

August 24, 2011, 09:39:10 PM
With all the different reports about Frank dying...it looks like he did pass away.  It's really tough to lose someone you love...and my heart goes out to his family, his loved ones, and Mike. 

A part of me still thinks that something strange is going on...and it would be great to find out that he didn't die...that it just had to be the 'official' story, for whatever reason.  But maybe that's just the 'hoaxer' in me.

Here's the first youtube tribute vid I've come across...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIxD2bs0vB0[/youtube]

With L.O.V.E. always.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The beauty of Michael Jackson is found in his heart and soul...his enormous talent is a bonus and what a bonus it is.

~PLAY the moments...PAUSE the memories...STOP the pain...REWIND the happiness~

Chinbie

August 24, 2011, 09:42:15 PM
If Mr Dileo really passed away, this must be a very sad day for Michael. I share your sorrow with you Michael and sending you a big hug. Rest in Peace Frank. I'm just hoping this is a part of the hoax and he is still alive.
can't agree more :'(
all of us are hoping it's part of haox
and Frank will come back w/ Michael
Frank really a sincere fd
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

August 24, 2011, 09:44:54 PM
Michael told Frank on the night before he "died", "Thanks for taking me this far.  I can take it from here."  RIP Frank...  Michael, sorry for your loss.   :cry:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

August 24, 2011, 10:04:38 PM
Just finished watching TMZ and there was no mention about Dileo's death.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mjj4ever777

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • BE LOVE..LIVE LOVE! I LOVE you all, so very much!
August 24, 2011, 10:05:08 PM
This is really sad...my heart goes out to all of Frank's family and friends, and especially to Michael. This must be very hard for him. First Peter, then Elizabeth, now Frank...Stay strong Michael...I Love you!

R.I.P Frank!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

August 24, 2011, 10:29:43 PM
there don't seem to be any twitter post from any of the jackson family about this. do you think they would or not? only randy commented when he was first ill right? funny how long ago was that anyway?
 afraid/  when you can't shut the hoax part of your brain off at  a time like this  :-[ :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

skyways

August 24, 2011, 10:30:24 PM
I wl wait anyway@  its make me 2 come back to Elizabeth passing- wth all my respect BUT WHY in the world she was requesting to be buried next 2 Michael in FL IF SHE EXACTLY KNOW  THAT HE IS ALIVE @ ?? I wl see 2 outcome :  FL was add to Liz passing because it may make.believe that Michael is really there 0r - Dame Elizabeth is hoaxing her death to support MJ coming back  - that scenario i totally invision.  U may call me nuts but I will  b holding my doubts on the passing  of these two major figure of Michaels life and carrier - until more proofs wl coming our way and this is hard now  since everything can be fabricated after Michael fake his death@@. Blessings everyone!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

August 24, 2011, 10:40:09 PM
is there still nothing from tmz?

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

RK

August 25, 2011, 12:08:43 AM
Something's fishy....so we wait....and watch.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
August 25, 2011, 12:27:55 AM
So many dead people close to Michael just makes me think who's the next :(.

Thank God his parents are still alive at 80.

Anyway I can't forget "the kid" (as Frank called MJ) fired Frank in the past...but I can't remember why. The same with Branca....and he rehired them for TII...strange

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

_Anna_

August 25, 2011, 12:32:13 AM
It was just posted on Michael's facebook, so it is true

I am very sorry...
Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 12:33:45 AM by _Anna_
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
August 25, 2011, 03:57:25 AM
FRANK DILEO IS A FRAUD & HE WASN'T REHIRED BY MICHAEL JACKSON

Sorry, but after 2 years...I don't believe in co-incidences anymore.  Is KISS the clue??  And if so, was DiLeo murdered.???

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsrWKrzc9MI[/youtube]
Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 04:03:36 AM by 2good2btrue
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions