Latest News > TIAI ~ 2012

TIAI January 21

<< < (63/142) > >>

Dontwalkaway:
Beautiful posts Sarahli and thanks for the videos SimPattyK.  I just listened to them all.  The one which is for unlocking codons is over an hour long but I played the whole thing !  I figured it doesn't hurt to try it.  I feel really peaceful and calm now.

Love you guys.

Suzy7:
 Jono, thanks for your posts and adding that about Jesus' commandments which I agree with. Romans is certainly helpful in clarifying this subject.

Mjonmind, I also agree. Jesus was God's Son, he certainly wasn't "breaking the Sabbath" but rather, fulfilling it. However my point was: the Jews at the time did believe he broke the Sabbath by performing miracles on that day and thusly, did not believe him to be the Messiah. People who keep the Sabbath, believe it is to be kept forever and the New Testament says otherwise; hence why Christians are Christians and Jews are Jews etc. So the comparison between the two and the reasons as to why some keep the Sabbath and some don't, are not logical comparisons to make when making an argument against why Christians don't keep Sabbath. This is because Christians believe Jesus was/is the Messiah therefore, they do not keep the old covenant. For these same reasons, Jews for example, do NOT believe he is the Messiah and therefore: DO keep the Old Covenant. For example: Jesus' very existence and purpose contradicts the Torah, and that is what some aren't understanding. This is why Jews only follow the Old Testament and do not believe in the New. At the end of the day, whether or not Sabbath keeping is the "Mark of the Beast", is strictly dependant upon one's own beliefs. Mind you, there is zero Biblical support of that claim.

On that note, I agree 100% bindupbrokenhearted, Sabbath isn't NEEDED for salvation. That is what Ron's claim is; which goes against Jesus who stated: it is not the works of man but the faith and love that gives us righteousness and salvation. There is zero Biblical support of the grand claim that the Old Ark of the Covenant will resurface and be crucial to our salvation. Also, there is zero support of any of Ron's claims regarding the blood belonging to Jesus for if there was, every Christian would gladly welcome his findings. If in fact there is, than by all means: please share along with the Biblical evidence.

Dontwalkaway:
MJonMind, I just read what you posted about the Coral Castle.  Very Interesting, Thankyou for posting it.  You know I love this kind of stuff.

Also, all this talking about Jesus' blood and how it might have been on the arc reminds me of the Catholic church.    During the communion ceremony they hold up the wine and say something like "Drink this for this is my blood" and then they hold up the wafers/bread and say "Eat this for this is my body" and then something about "everlasting life".  They ring bells/chimes after the priest holds each thing up if I'm remembering correctly. 

And then the prayer/chant is "Through him, with him and in him, through the unity of the holy spirit, forever and ever, Amen, Amen, Amen.

Every one who has celebrated their first communion (usally 7 or 8 years old) and older lines up for communion.

In other words they are also saying that the blood of christ is of importance and it's forever but the holy spirit is needed.  And maybe the holy spirit is what brought the "dead" blood back to life that Ron Wyatt found ??

Anyway that prayer is starting to take on meaning for me.  I don't know if I'm remembering it perfectly ?  Is their anyone who can help me out ??  It's probably in a Catholic prayer/mass book which I don't have anymore.

Suzy7:
 Melody, you did clarify what I stated in my post. That is exactly the point: Jesus wants us to keep the spirit of the law through faith and not by our works as others have said. Jesus also made it known that now everyday should be as a "Sabbath Day" as we should know God and be grateful to Him for His creations and sending us Jesus as our salvation. But, much of your post is where Mjonmind's point comes in: much of the Bible including keeping Sabbath, was specifically directed at the Israelites; not us. God's New Covenant is ours to follow.

Souza, I respect your studies and I mysef have studied Sabbath and therefore have drawn my own conclusion. I am fully aware Saturday is the seventh day, but it doesn't matter anymore anyway. You do realize if we are to keep the Sabbath to be saved; we would also still have to sacrifice animals at an altar for Jehovah God aswell. We do not need to sacrifice anything because Jesus was that ultimate sacrifice. The reason why the *Israelites* (not us) had to obey the Law, was because they were God's chosen people and were delivered out of Egypt by HIM. The Mosaic/written Law also didn't allow for sins to be forgiven; under the New Covenant we are forgiven and the difference between then and now is again: because of Jesus' death we are able to be forgiven and ultimately saved. Another example of the Law ending for Christians is at Romans 10:4: "Christ is the end of the Law, so that everyone exercising faith may have righteousness." Remember, Sabbath keeping was apart of that Law. God used Christ to bring that Law to it's end. Our having a righteous stand with God depends on faith in Christ, not keeping Sabbath. Also see: Galatians 4:9-11; Ephesians 2:13-16; Col 2:13-16.

Now of course we are not to murder, steal, worship other gods etc., lol. This is where common sense comes in, along with what Jesus told us to do. If we are to "love our neighbor as ourself", we would not kill them; just as if we accept God and Jesus Christ as savior, we are not to worship false gods.

~Souza~:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login Melody, you did clarify what I stated in my post. That is exactly the point: Jesus wants us to keep the spirit of the law through faith and not by our works as others have said. Jesus also made it known that now everyday should be as a "Sabbath Day" as we should know God and be grateful to Him for His creations and sending us Jesus as our salvation. But, much of your post is where Mjonmind's point comes in: much of the Bible including the Mosaic Law, was directed at the Israelites; not us. God's New Covenant is ours to follow.

Souza, I respect your studies and I mysef have studied Sabbath and therefore have drawn my own conclusion. I am fully aware Saturday is the seventh day, but it doesn't matter anymore anyway. You do realize if we are to keep the Mosaic Law to be saved; we would also still have to sacrifice animals at an altar for Jehovah God aswell. We do not need to sacrifice anything because Jesus was that ultimate sacrifice. The reason why the *Israelites* (not us) had to obey the Law, was because they were God's chosen people and were delivered out of Egypt by HIM. The Mosaic Law also didn't allow for sins to be forgiven; under the New Covenant we are forgiven and the difference between then and now is again: because of Jesus' death we are able to be forgiven and ultimately saved. Another example of the Law ending for Christians is at Romans 10:4: "Christ is the end of the Law, so that everyone exercising faith may have righteousness." Remember, Sabbath keeping was apart of that Law. God used Christ to bring that Law to it's end. Our having a righteous stand with God depends on faith in Christ, not keeping Sabbath. Also see: Galatians 4:9-11; Ephesians 2:13-16; Col 2:13-16.

Now of course we are not to murder, steal, worship other gods etc., lol. This is where common sense comes in, along with what Jesus told us to do. If we are to "love our neighbor as ourself", we would not kill them; just as if we accept God and Jesus Christ as savior, we are not to worship false gods.

--- End quote ---

You are mixing up the Mosaic law with God's perfect laws which have been around even before Moses was born; the TEN commandments. I never said the 600+ Jewish laws sill were in force, I am talking about God's perfect laws. But it's your own choice, all I can do is point out the errors in your interpretation of the scriptures. Can you answer the question why Jesus said people should pray the flight at the EOW was not on the Sabbath? Why would He bother about that?

Anyway, I am writing down my study but it will take a few weeks to finish. I can send it to you when it's done if you're interested.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version