Re: Michael Jackson+Wig??...I think not
January 30, 2010, 06:03:14 AM
mjgirl86 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:02 am

Threads like this really bother me... so unnecessary... I try to think of each thread, and posting that I do, as if he were reading it... half these threads would make him uncomfortable.

I agree with you.It sounds silly to talk only about his hair or it's absence..The real topic is behind the "hair thing".It's the real reason on why he was so self conscious with his appearence..He was under the public eye all his life ,he had to present not only his best work but also  his best image  to us and at the same time he was suffering from a devious ailment that attacked his features.Skin,hair etc..When I first found out about Lupus and got some information on the subject,well that's when I really started to admire him.He was a fighter,no doubt!He just didn't woke up one day and said.."Come on!Let's change a few things here and there.." He felt  insecure with everything that was happening to him  and he had to do "things" to preserve a certain image.The psychological effect must have been enormous and explains the plastic surgeries as well.
Writers use words,painters use colors,entertainers use all they got..Voice,talent,appearance..
To make a long story short...
Afro hair...Straight hair...curly hair..I DON'T CARE!
Bald...semi-bald..totally bald ..I've been told...
Who cares???The person,the soul,the voice,the spirit ,the mind are still the same...and I love ALL of them in him.In case he is still around I really  want to make him feel comfortable!
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mykidsmum

January 30, 2010, 07:12:25 AM
Quote from: "Doctor Death"
I'm afarid I've been grossly misunderstood by a lotta you....I never meant to dissect the fact that wether he wore wifs or not.....I was just frustrated by people drawing insulting carricatures of him and making fun of him.....Thats why I tried to voice my opinion.

I never really asked for those pictures.....I dont need them at all....I just thought that people were making fun of him for no reason and therefore tried to explain that what they were doing was wrong.....I dont need MJ to be with a scalp full of hair in order to admire him...I can do that otherwise. I just wanted people to stop cracking silly jokes about him....Thats all.
then why post the thread? No one here makes fun of MJ...I've been here for months and months and no one has made fun of MJ in the least bit...If you didn't want replies or ..other peoples opinions on your post, then you shouldn't have posted...that is what happens here...it's a forum.  You didn't ask for photo's but how else would you realize that he did in fact wear wigs?  As for those who say who cares if he wears wigs...You are right...who cares, but you still looked and read the post which means you are all interested no matter what you say.  No one ever made fun of him or said anything negative...If I had alopecia due to Lupus...I would wear wigs too!  If anything would embarrass MJ more than discussion of "wigs" it would be gold pants talk and any sexual talk in general...He said in his OWN WORDS that he knew what fans said about him sexually and it embarrassed him greatly and that if he thought about what fans were thinking about him sexually, like imagining what he looks like without clothes on before he went out on stage...he wouldn't be able to go out and perform from embarrassment!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 30, 2010, 09:29:27 AM
Look ....

I NEVER had the intention of crucifying MJ for wearing wigs. Its rather understandable.

Like all of you, I too have a right to voice my opinion on this forum and I did just that....I never said that anyone here MADE FUN OF HIM DID I?

I mentioned another website......And yes when I said "ENLIGHTEN ME"  I did not ask the readers to post PICS.....specifically. If they have done that its their wish.

I'm not a cheap, remorseless and thoughtless monster....I dont give  a damn to my own looks.....

I was born in 1991...By that time MJ was done with half his career.....And by the time I started following his music, He was done with his career.....And his music is all I knew and cared about. Like a lotta you, I never had the opprtunity to delve into details of his body or hair.............Therefore its but natural that I may be ignorant about a lot of his problems......There were a lotta things that I came to know only AFTER his death.

So I never really thought that he would feel the necessity to wear a wig......And when I saw certain sites on the web drawing STUPID caricatures of him...showing him bald. I got irked....I didnt like it  and so decided to express my feelings here. If I hav done something wrong in doing that I humbly apologise....But some of you guys misunderstood my intentions.....Thats sad.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 30, 2010, 09:58:36 AM
I have never been disrespectful towards MJ and I'll never be....In my all other previous posts I have only referred to him with utmost respect...A lot of the readers and members who were mad at me for posting the above thread. They thought that the thread was speculative and mean. I never said that I dont want MJ to wear a wig. Wether he wears one or not doesnt in any way devalue the man that he is.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 30, 2010, 11:22:04 AM
Quote from: "lookingforthetroot"
Quote from: "IBelieveInMiracles"
Why does it matter?

I agree, why does it matter, I don't really care if he wore wigs...... also the medications could also thin out your hair and even make it fall out... Either way he always looked great ...

Because we are looking for the truth.. investigating.. and one of the "leaked" autopies claimed MJ was bald and had a tattooed hairline.
We have to investigate to see if this claim is true or not in order to decide on the validity of what information we are being told now in the after-math of June 25th
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

liegi

January 30, 2010, 04:05:44 PM
Good point.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

lilith

January 30, 2010, 04:56:17 PM
Quote from: "onikoti"
mjgirl86 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:02 am

Threads like this really bother me... so unnecessary... I try to think of each thread, and posting that I do, as if he were reading it... half these threads would make him uncomfortable.

I agree with you.It sounds silly to talk only about his hair or it's absence..The real topic is behind the "hair thing".It's the real reason on why he was so self conscious with his appearence..He was under the public eye all his life ,he had to present not only his best work but also  his best image  to us and at the same time he was suffering from a devious ailment that attacked his features.Skin,hair etc..When I first found out about Lupus and got some information on the subject,well that's when I really started to admire him.He was a fighter,no doubt!He just didn't woke up one day and said.."Come on!Let's change a few things here and there.." He felt  insecure with everything that was happening to him  and he had to do "things" to preserve a certain image.The psychological effect must have been enormous and explains the plastic surgeries as well.
Writers use words,painters use colors,entertainers use all they got..Voice,talent,appearance..
To make a long story short...
Afro hair...Straight hair...curly hair..I DON'T CARE!
Bald...semi-bald..totally bald ..I've been told...
Who cares???The person,the soul,the voice,the spirit ,the mind are still the same...and I love ALL of them in him.In case he is still around I really  want to make him feel comfortable!

That is a beautiful post. I admire him for his strength, too. And I want him to feel comfortable in his skin and with every aspect of his self, too.

On the one hand I don't care about those things. And there are many things, which I will not specify, that can hurt when one hears them. Not because as a fan you don't want to hear them, but because it gives you a hint of what Michael went through and that hurts.

But I am interested in sidenotes like that. I don't judge Michael in any way, there is nothing wrong, but imo it is something that is to be understood, if I want to understand Michael really. His health issues are part of who he is. I understand what an effect a disease has on him - I feel him. He is a human being and he goes through hard times.

Well, to put it in a nutshell: many of you here imply that someone who asks a question like Doctor Death just did would judge Michael for anything or would not like him anymore or anything like that. I don't think so. Maybe it is caring.

On the one hand I do care.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 30, 2010, 09:07:49 PM
Quote from: "Doctor Death"
I have never been disrespectful towards MJ and I'll never be....In my all other previous posts I have only referred to him with utmost respect...A lot of the readers and members who were mad at me for posting the above thread. They thought that the thread was speculative and mean. I never said that I dont want MJ to wear a wig. Wether he wears one or not doesnt in any way devalue the man that he is.

I don't feel you were being disrespectful.  I just think you expressed your opinion about something that you were curious about.  We all have the right to our opinions on here which I have said several times.  If people don't like certain forums on here then don't read them or comment on them.  As long as your not saying anything mean about him I don't see what the problem is or putting up forums that cause people to become upset.  I've had different people ask me about my hair before because they are from a different culture than me out of curiosity.  It's okay to ask questions if they are appropriate that's how we learn about each other.  It's better to ask questions than be ignorant and make assumptions about things.  That's exactly why MJ was judged so much because they always made assumptions about him.  I bet he would want someone to ask him a question about him rather then just assume they know the truth about him.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mykidsmum

January 30, 2010, 11:53:06 PM
Doctor Death...I think there is a big misunderstanding going on.  I was hurt that I spent over an hour finding pictures to post to show you the truth and you said "I didn't ask for pictures."  It really bothers me when people (not saying you) are unable to entertain unsavory ideas about MJ and think of him as a saint!  For me, I want to know the truth about him no matter what!  Seeing the truth and not looking at everything with rose colored glasses, helps shed light on who MJ was and what he was about.  How are we going to arrive at TRUTH if we don't want to see it?  I was trying to tell you, you don't have to vent here because everyone here loves MJ!  Here, MOST people know MJ wasn't a "saint" and love him even more for his quirks and his nuances.  I for one want to know the truth about MJ even if it has to do with tattooed eyeliner and lip liner, arthritic knuckles, brown nails, vitiligo, lupus, wig, makeup...I LOVE it all!  (I do wish he would cut his nails sometimes...I don't think long nails look good on any man)  Knowing someone is in the details.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Boreas

January 31, 2010, 12:03:34 AM
I don't care about hair either.
Actually, I think MJ would look really sweet if he shaved his head, as he has a really  nicely shaped head...you can only pull that off if you have the right shaped head, heee heee! It would have been nice to have seen it.
I am a big fan of the short hair, in the LMP pick. It was super cute and boyish!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 31, 2010, 04:15:27 AM
I just fail to understand why was a simple attempt at expressing my feelings regarding  certain undesirable portrayals of MJ got moulded into a racist issue.

Certain noteworthy points for absolute clarification--

1.I DO NOT HATE MJ for wearing a wig, if he wears one. I was under the impression that he didnt and so I didnt think that certain people(NOT FROM THIS FORUM) needed to make fun of him because of that. From your replies so far it seems that me trying to clarify what I thoughtt to be one of the many defaming myths surrounding him has not gone down well with a lotta you......Forget it, You people formed hasty opionions without trying to understand what I was trying to say.

2. To mykidsmom, I DO NOT WANT TO SEE EVERYTHING IN ROSE COLOURED GLASSES.....Sorry, I am not used to doing that because I myself am suffering from Obsessive Copulsive Disorder.....It is hard to deal with and therefore I know that there are a lotta things that people dont like about me....that make me insecure....Just like a lotta things made MJ insecure......I am not a sympathy monger but since you thought me to be a person obsessed with outer beauty and detached from reality, I just thought I'd clarify that I know what INSECURITY means.

3. To that guy who said " Afro hair...straight hair....Who cares?"
Whoever you are, Just try and read what I really wanted to say. I never said that I like MJ in so-and-so- hairstyle and I dont like him in that hairstyle.....I know that there are better criteria to judge a person than hair.....I dont discriminate people coz of their hair.

Its even more pathetic that I have to offer explanations for something that was never intended. Its NOT I who is obsessed with his hair being there or not there...Its they who fail to understand MJ as a person and pass cheap remarks and jeer him.....It irritates me that you people thought me to be one of those people.....Is it a crime to let people know your feelings over here?

If you are this mad at me for nothing then do you also blame Mo and Souza for "Debunking Wacko-Jacko once and fo all"?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 31, 2010, 06:09:49 AM
y Doctor Death » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:15 am

I just fail to understand why was a simple attempt at expressing my feelings regarding certain undesirable portrayals of MJ got moulded into a racist issue.

Certain noteworthy points for absolute clarification--

1.I DO NOT HATE MJ for wearing a wig, if he wears one. I was under the impression that he didnt and so I didnt think that certain people(NOT FROM THIS FORUM) needed to make fun of him because of that. From your replies so far it seems that me trying to clarify what I thoughtt to be one of the many defaming myths surrounding him has not gone down well with a lotta you......Forget it, You people formed hasty opionions without trying to understand what I was trying to say.

3. To that guy who said " Afro hair...straight hair....Who cares?"
Whoever you are, Just try and read what I really wanted to say. I never said that I like MJ in so-and-so- hairstyle and I dont like him in that hairstyle.....I know that there are better criteria to judge a person than hair.....I dont discriminate people coz of their hair.

Its even more pathetic that I have to offer explanations for something that was never intended. Its NOT I who is obsessed with his hair being there or not there...Its they who fail to understand MJ as a person and pass cheap remarks and jeer him.....It irritates me that you people thought me to be one of those people.....Is it a crime to let people know your feelings over here?

If you are this mad at me for nothing then do you also blame Mo and Souza for "Debunking Wacko-Jacko once and fo all"?Doctor Death

Dear DoctorDeath.
I was only answering on what Mjgirl86 was quoting.You got me all wrong.I'm the "guy"who  thought the little afro hair-straight hair poem (I'm a girl actually!) and I was specific. I don't care..I was speaking for myself,not for the whole world.! However,I do care to the point when it's through threads  like yours ,that we are getting the chance to see behind the picture.Offending you wasn't my intention.In fact,if you read what I wrote I have said that I think it's silly to talkonly about his hair or it's absence,without mentioning the fact that he suffered from Lupus.Lots of people don't know that as I found out,and from their point of view it seems "strange"that he wore wigs.(and that explains the mocking remarks and comments in YouTube or elsewhere.Ignorance)
I understand your frustration from some of the answers you got but mine wasn't one of them,attacking you.mjgirl86 quoted that Mj would probably have felt uncomfortable reading all that about his hair(which is true,as well as the GP posts :D that I love!) and I answered in a way that would make him feel comfortable.(I wish)How,I got myself caught up in this "you have offended me"post of yours,I don't Know but it's ok,I guess.Maybe it's the way I use english language..but I'll get better,I promiss! :P

Any way,I've never asked for any explanations from your part,and I don't think you are a racist or a person who prefers to face the world through pink glasses.In fact I considered the thread you started  very interesting because it gave us the opportunity to have some opinions expressed here.I found the pictures and the comments to be very interesting( and that's why I "stayed" here reading everything.My conclusion after it all,is that he did wore wigs because he needed them.
I consider this a place where everybody can express  his or hers opigion on every MJ matter,as long as they are not abusive or offending.And I don't like verbal fights at all in here.Everyone is entitled to his/hers opigion.If I don't like it, I ll just pass it by...

All of the above is my way to explain myself.I wish I did it this time.... :oops:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

January 31, 2010, 06:29:41 AM
Quote from: "DancingTheDream"
Quote from: "lookingforthetroot"
Quote from: "IBelieveInMiracles"
Why does it matter?

I agree, why does it matter, I don't really care if he wore wigs...... also the medications could also thin out your hair and even make it fall out... Either way he always looked great ...

Because we are looking for the truth.. investigating.. and one of the "leaked" autopies claimed MJ was bald and had a tattooed hairline.
We have to investigate to see if this claim is true or not in order to decide on the validity of what information we are being told now in the after-math of June 25th

Oh I see now :idea:  
Sorry for my ignorance.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

liegi

January 31, 2010, 07:40:46 AM
I think the reason for this controversy was to verify the ambulance photo. I don't think Doctor Death cares about whether or not MJ wears a wig. In any case, I think that when he wears his hair curly that it is mostly his hair. He's the best-looking man there is anyway.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Datroot

January 31, 2010, 08:53:08 AM
Wig or no wig, I just want to know for sure that he's alive.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions