Latest News > Breaking News!

Michael's NEW ALBUM....Nothing to do with Sony!

<< < (12/18) > >>

darkchild:

--- Quote from: "CC" ---
--- Quote from: "DancingTheDream" ---[youtube:3krhm593]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW1T1DZdWrA[/youtube:3krhm593]
--- End quote ---

AWWWW :oops:
I LOVE THAT SPEECH! I LOVE THIS GUY!!! HE IS THE MOST!!! HE IS THE MAN!!!
EVERY TIME I WATCH THIS I HAVE THE SAME FEELING THAT I HAD WHEN I LOOK THE THIS IS IT SPEECH AT LONDON... HE HAVE SOMETHING ELSE IN MINT!!!
--- End quote ---

@DancingTheDream, Awwww, thanks honey, for putting up this video of MJ .  It expresses everything for me. God bless you for your love and your faith in MJ. xxxx

@ CC, I agree 100% with your well-said sentiments. God bless you, and welcome to the boards! :) MJ, baby, you wrote the book, my angel.  No one can do it and do it better than you, can, baby.  I love you the most, MJ! xxxxxx

Sony, another special dedication for you:

[ROD SERLING INTRO]
Tonight’s story is somewhat unique and calls for a different kind of introduction
A monster had arrived in the village
The major ingredient of any recipe for fear is the unknown
And this person or thing is soon to be met
He knows every thought, he can feel every emotion
Oh yes, I did forget something didn’t I? I forgot to introduce you to the monster.

You’re fearing me, ‘cause you know I’m a beast
Watching you when you sleep, when you’re in bed
I’m underneath
You’re trapped in halls, and my face is the walls
I’m the floor when you fall, and when you scream it’s ‘cause of me
I’m the living dead, the dark thoughts in your head
I heard just what you said
That’s why you’ve got to be threatened by me

[CHORUS]
You should be watching me, you should feel threatened
Why you sleep, why you creep, you should be threatened
Every time your lady speaks she speaks to me, threatened
Half of me you’ll never be, so you should feel threatened by me

You think you’re by yourself, but it’s my touch you felt
I’m not a ghost from Hell, but I’ve got a spell on you
Your worst nightmare, it's me, I'm everywhere
In one blink I’ll disappear, and then I’ll come back to haunt you
I’m telling you, when you lie under a tomb
I’m the one watching you
That’s why you got to be threatened by me

[CHORUS]

[ROD SERLING VERSE]
The unknown monster is about to embark
From a far corner, out of the dark
A nightmare, that’s the case
Never Neverland, that’s the place
This particular monster can read minds
Be in two places at the same time
This is judgement night, execution, slaughter
The devil, ghosts, this monster is torture
You can be sure of one thing, that’s fate
A human presence that you feel is strange
A monster that you can see disappear
A monster, the worst thing to fear.

[CHORUS x 3]

[ROD SERLING OUTRO]
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare.
It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

GirlSaturday:
I am missing this one and I don't see how SONY is left out... :?:

Wasn't MJ under contract with SONY at the time of his "death"? For the past 10 months I have  thought so. Now combine that with the new deal between the Jackson Estate and SONY. Wouldn't that mean that they have MJs music (old and new)under their thumb for the next 7 years and would be the sole distributor?

credit Wall Street Journal 3/16/10
A record contract struck in the early 1980s gave Mr. Jackson ownership of his recordings. Sony had the right to distribute those recordings through 2015. The new deal extends that right until at least 2017, and adds the rights to material recorded since then.

Prior to the new deal SONY had distribution rights to MJs music until 2015. If  songs were recorded in 2007 then SONY had distribution rights to those as well. Help me to understand how SONY lost out and cannot distribute the 2007 recordings. Perhaps I have overlooked something that others are seeing so clearly.

tabloidburn:

--- Quote from: "GirlSaturday" ---I am missing this one and I don't see how SONY is left out... :?:

Wasn't MJ under contract with SONY at the time of his "death"? For the past 10 months I have  thought so. Now combine that with the new deal between the Jackson Estate and SONY. Wouldn't that mean that they have MJs music (old and new)under their thumb for the next 7 years and would be the sole distributor?

A record contract struck in the early 1980s gave Mr. Jackson ownership of his recordings. Sony had the right to distribute those recordings through 2015. The new deal extends that right until at least 2017, and adds the rights to material recorded since then.

Prior to the new deal SONY had distribution rights to MJs music until 2015. If  songs were recorded in 2007 then SONY had distribution rights to those as well. Help me to understand how SONY lost out and cannot distribute the 2007 recordings. Perhaps I have overlooked something that others are seeing so clearly.
--- End quote ---

i do know a little about music contracting (i was married to a musician, worked in the field and was an active musician myself before having kids), so my take is this:

any material that mike recorded outside of sony is to be regarded as 'free' and they won't be able to put their hands on it. the contract between mike and sony ended with his 'death' and the release of the tii-boxset, which is all he had to produce for them to fullfill HIS contract. and i am pretty sure that the new contract can only apply to anything mike did as a sony artist and the unreleased material of that time.  
the new deal with the estate can only regard material that the estate officially inherited and adminsiters in mike's name. that does NOT apply for anything mike ever did in collaboration with other people/ outside of sony. that very probably means that he signed over the rights to that material to the collaborating party, in this case the cascio family. i think this is possible, since mike already owns the rights to his recordings himself. sony can only publish what they can get their hands on, they cannot claim rights to something they are not entitled to, meaning someone other than mike or the estate. i think this is a very tiny legal loophole that mike saw and used to his advantage. outthinking...that's what it is!
and being the detailed and thorough man that he is, mike made sure that 2007 material could be released under a different label and with no way for sony to get their hands on it. preparation is everything... :mrgreen:

this is also just another genius strike, because once this new album comes out, nobody is gonna buy another 'number ones'/'greatest hits' or whatever compilation from sony. and if my gut feeling is right, 'the best is yet to come'. with mike writing up to hundreds of songs for each album, there is very probably tons of new material that sony will never see. their stuff is gonna lay rotting on the shelves while mike is throwing out a new album each year on a different label... :lol:

we'll just have to see how this new material is gonna be packaged... :mrgreen:

GirlSaturday:
Hugs to you for taking the time to explain. There seemed to be such a grey area for me that didn't quite seem right. My confusion was in understanding how  MJ can do any personal recording while contracted to SONY and them not being able  to claim it  for distribution. I was under the impression that if the project had his name and listed him as primary singer/songwriter  i.e. a MJ project and not just a collaboration then it was considered SONY distribution property. Thanks again for the clarification.

I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall when this news leaked to the SONY people. It makes sense now. MJ stated that he wrote hundreds of songs yet SONY only acknowedged  60 or so in the vault when they signed the new deal. I, like so many others, wondered what happened to the rest of his music.

--- Quote from: "tabloidburn" ---
--- Quote from: "GirlSaturday" ---I am missing this one and I don't see how SONY is left out... :?:

--- End quote ---

i do know a little about music contracting (i was married to a musician, worked in the field and was an active musician myself before having kids), so my take is this:

any material that mike recorded outside of sony is to be regarded as 'free' and they won't be able to put their hands on it. the contract between mike and sony ended with his 'death' and the release of the tii-boxset, which is all he had to produce for them to fullfill HIS contract. and i am pretty sure that the new contract can only apply to anything mike did as a sony artist and the unreleased material of that time.  
the new deal with the estate can only regard material that the estate officially inherited and adminsiters in mike's name. that does NOT apply for anything mike ever did in collaboration with other people/ outside of sony. that very probably means that he signed over the rights to that material to the collaborating party, in this case the cascio family. i think this is possible, since mike already owns the rights to his recordings himself. sony can only publish what they can get their hands on, they cannot claim rights to something they are not entitled to, meaning someone other than mike or the estate. i think this is a very tiny legal loophole that mike saw and used to his advantage. outthinking...that's what it is!
and being the detailed and thorough man that he is, mike made sure that 2007 material could be released under a different label and with no way for sony to get their hands on it. preparation is everything... :mrgreen:

this is also just another genius strike, because once this new album comes out, nobody is gonna buy another 'number ones'/'greatest hits' or whatever compilation from sony. and if my gut feeling is right, 'the best is yet to come'. with mike writing up to hundreds of songs for each album, there is very probably tons of new material that sony will never see. their stuff is gonna lay rotting on the shelves while mike is throwing out a new album each year on a different label... :lol:

we'll just have to see how this new material is gonna be packaged... :mrgreen:
--- End quote ---

paula-c:
Thank You For Explaining tabloidburn, Indeed this man is a genius, we the fans will take charge of Sony, will buy Michael's new music :mrgreen:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version