curlsTopic starter

Ok guys, several of you seemed to like the idea of an open thread like this, to share and chew over whatever takes your fancy.  Let's just keep it friendly and respectful and please bear in mind Souza's rules about who/what we can discuss.

So ... I'll kick things off.

Prompted by Do's comments I think we should be willing to view scenarios that may not sit easily with our own personal long held hoax beliefs.

So, I'd like to discuss Murray. He has always been pivotal to my belief in the hoax. I could be pushed into going along with the idea that MJ ended up dependent on drugs and even that he'd resorted to anaesthesia to get some semblance of sleep. I could even accept a horrible accident while his doctor was nearby ... but this doctor - Dr Conrad Murray??

Dr Conrad Murray, who has a non-existent or at best sketchy past (I need to refresh my memory on this again).  Conrad Murray who shares his name with an episode of 'The Court of Last Resort'.  An apparently intelligent doctor who writes strange letters to patients, makes documentaries and videos for the world, speaks to tabloids, does interviews and sings on TV, yet doesn't speak up for himself in court. And he can walk around being photographed by NPG while we never hear of, or see, angry fans, or anyone for that matter, challenging him or even recognising him. A man who sounds like MJ (in what he talks about, not his voice!).  I cannot believe this man is a doctor, hell ... I can barely believe he exists at all! That's the bottom line.

So, the question I have to ask myself is, do all these things = death hoax, or is there another explanation for his 'strangeness'?  Is it possible he's just a crazy doctor trying any way he can to cover his ass?

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thank you Curls,

Yeah Conrad sure is a very strange caracther,is  it not said that MJ insisted Conrad to be his Doctor or am confused because of the triall Katherine vs AEG and it was AEG who just said that MJ wanted him? To make their story plausible?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
― Michael Jackson

mattie

I have the same feelings about Murray.
Can we try to find more about him,or did we already tried it all?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curlsTopic starter

@Shy, yeah, and wasn't it also reported that MJ made a point of saying he trusted Murray with his life?

@Mattie, I agree, I'd find it useful to do a bit more digging/refresh my memory.  Wasn't there something about his car (?) being owned by his sister who owned a circus company?  Or did I just dream that up?!

Need sleep now, hope to find some time to delve a bit tomorrow.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

blankie

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • It's all for L.O.V.E.
Sometimes I think that Murray  is a metaphor, A CLUE of Michael  about himself :a man who was wrongfully convicted ( Michael is alive, so Murray is innocent and Michael has always suffered for the  injustice, the lies  and the rumors about him) . But a man who has returned to being free ( and Michael finally now is so).  :icon_rolleyes:

Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 04:03:18 AM by blankie
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
LOVE YOU MORE

suspicious mind

hummm murray is physically free yes but is still trapped by his circumstances . still struggling to prove his innocence so that he can go back to the thing that is his passion his way of being productive.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

I do believe you can find the info you were talking about to mattie in this following blog:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
― Michael Jackson

curlsTopic starter

^^^ That's a great start Shy, thanks!

And there are loads of threads here for me to check out: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 05:46:47 AM by curls
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RK

I came  across  this tonight and it lists legal troubles that our Dr Murray went through. I was thinking if we could check the court cases that this book listed, we may be able to at least establish if the Dr is a doctor.
Murray had first come to the attention of Nevada authorities back in 2002, when
a child support case out of California’s Santa Clara County that followed the doctor
through three states finally caught up with him in Las Vegas. By spring 2009,
when he received the call inviting him to work as Michael Jackson’s physician,
Murray was under siege from a phalanx of creditors. Capital One bank had won a
default judgment against Murray in October 2008, and in March 2009, HICA
Education Loan Corporation was awarded a $71,332 judgment against the doctor
for his failing to repay student loans that dated back to his days in Nashville.
Separate lawsuits filed by Citicorp Vendor Finance and Popular Leasing USA had
ended with judgments against Murray totaling $363,722, and the doctor was still
facing court claims lodged in Las Vegas by Digirad Imaging Solutions and
Siemans Financial Services that demanded another $366,541 for unpaid debts
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curlsTopic starter

I've spent far too long reading/watching stuff about Murray today!

Wondering how, and if, I go about checking the validity or otherwise of the investigation done years ago regarding his alternative background/name/if he's a doctor etc, without becoming obsessed (again!)!  Or is it simple and I need go no further than this article for the truth about his background:

The debts you mentioned RK, are included in this article.
Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 01:31:59 PM by curls
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Do

This is an excerpt from You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Early Life and Medical Training

Conrad Robert Murray was born on February 19, 1953, in St. Andrews, Grenada. The man who would become embroiled in the controversy surrounding the death of the "King of Pop" in June 2009 did not come from money. With his mother Milta spending most of her time in Trinidad and Tobago in search of better paying work, Murray lived with his maternal grandparents, two Grenadian farmers. His fractured family life was compounded by the total absence of his father, Rawle Andrews, a Houston area physician who, up until his death in 2001, focused his career on offering medical services to the poor. Conrad didn't meet his dad until he was 25.

At the age of seven, Murray relocated to Trinidad and Tobago to live with his mother, where he became a citizen and finished high school. Like Milta, Murray was determined to make a better life for himself, demonstrating at an early age a propensity to work hard. After high school he volunteered as an elementary school teacher in Trinidad, an experience he followed with work as a customs clerk and an insurance underwriter in order to pay for his college education. Murray also wasn't afraid to take advantage of an opportunity. At the age of 19 he bought his first house, then later sold it for a decent profit to support his university tuition in the United States.

In 1980, two years after first visiting Houston and getting a chance to introduce himself to his father, Conrad Murray returned to Texas to enroll at Texas Southern University, where in just three years he graduated magna cum laude with a degree in pre-medicine and biological sciences. From there, Murray followed in his father's footsteps and attended the primarily African-American Meharry Medical College in Nashville, Tennessee.

Upon graduating Maharre, Murray enrolled for additional training at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota and then completed his residency at Loma Linda University Medical Center in California. Other training stints followed; he studied at the University of Arizona on a Cardiology Fellowship, and landed back in California, where he eventually worked as the associate director for the interventional cardiology fellowship-training program at Sharp Memorial Hospital in San Diego.

Practicing Medicine in Las Vegas

In 1999, Dr. Murray left California for a second time and struck out on his own, opening up a private practice in Las Vegas. Locating his office just east of the strip, Murray—again taking a cue from his father—aimed to serve not just the city's wealthy, but its underserved as well. In 2006, Murray expanded his scope and returned to the city where his father had made a name for himself to open the Acres Homes Heart and Vascular Institute.

"We have been so lucky to have Dr. Murray and that clinic in this community," Houston patient Ruby Mosley told People magazine. "There are many, many patients that thank God this man was here for them."

Those who've had financial dealings with the doctor, however, might feel otherwise. Unpaid debts, lawsuits, and tax liens have followed Dr. Murray's life. More than $400,000 in court judgments alone were issued against his Las Vegas practice, and in December 2008 Dr. Murray, who has an unknown number of children, was ordered to cough up $3,700 in unpaid child support.

(Again the debt issues)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind."
Bertrand Russel

Do

Could this be true, would she say something like that? (published 26th November 2013)

Michael Jackson's ex-wife predicts Conrad Murray will be shot dead in 18 months

MICHAEL Jackson’s ex-wife Debbie Rowe urged his fans to kill death doctor Conrad Murray, saying: “I’d buy the bullet".

She lashed out after the disgraced medic questioned Jacko’s relationship with her in a recent interview.

Murray, who was jailed for involuntary silence after he was released from prison last month.

He said: “Michael told me he never slept with Debbie Rowe. We joked that neither of us would want to have sex with her.”

But Rowe, mum of two of Jackson’s children, hit back yesterday and told aUS website Murray would be dead in 18 months.

She fumed: “A Jackson fan will shoot him dead, and I’d buy the bullet. I wouldn’t shoot him but I’d buy the bullet.”

Debbie even said she would buy a “hollow-point” expanding shell to make his death more painful.

Responding to his sex slur, she added: “If I had a dog as ugly as him I’d shave its ass, make it walk backwards and put a wig on it.

“It takes two to f*** and there’s not enough alcohol in the world.”

Murray, 60, has also insisted Jackson killed himself by overdosing on a private stash of drugs.

But Rowe dismissed those claims, saying: “It’s so disgusting, he’s trashing the dead. The jury sure didn’t buy his story.”

The former nurse, 54, met the King of Pop at a skin treatment centre and they married in 1996.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind."
Bertrand Russel

curlsTopic starter

LOL, well let's see what May 2015 brings shall we?!!  I remember reading this at the time, but bear in mind the Daily Star is pure tabloid rubbish.

I'm glad you're posting here Do. With your leanings towards MJ being dead, I'm interested in how you view Murray.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

yes it's tabloid trash, but somehow i could see Debbie talking like that, she has a big mouth, for what i saw from her she always protected MJ.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
― Michael Jackson

Do

Well Curls, I have to admit that man is a true mystery to me! I can't remember for the life of me seeing any murderer getting so much attention and airtime (and hate) as Murray. Indeed strange that he seems never to get attacked by angry fans, yet he is totally all over the place. Is it possible that he is part of an alternate hoax (I mean that he is 'contracted' to play his part in the 'Michael-hoax', after letting Michael die by accident or on purpose? And so is he perhaps working for the 'enemy'?). Again, I don't have a clue!

@Shy, LOL, I am totally seeing Debbie speaking like that. I can't remember reading it before, and ofcourse we don't know if she ever said it. But it sounded like her!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Bertrand Russel

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal