RKTopic starter

Zaldy sued by Travis Payne and partner
July 14, 2014, 10:51:31 PM
I just stumbled across this news story and thought it was worth posting as it involves Zaldy and Travis Payne and it is all about money, This Is It and all that came after it.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Michael Jackson’s N.Y. Pinoy designer sued by 2 partners
MONDAY, 14 JULY 2014 13:41 WRITTEN BY ADMINISTRATOR

Zaldy (above) has styled some of the biggest names in Hollywood like Jennifer Lopez, Mick Jagger, Britney Spears and Lady Gaga.

A New York City-based Filipino stylist and costume designer, who worked on the stage wardrobe of Michael Jackson’s ill-fated 2009 “This Is It” concert, is being sued by his two business partners charging that the designer owes them as much as $480,000 in commissions.

Style guru Zaldy, who has also worked with Mick Jagger, Jennifer Lopez, the Rolling Stones and Gwen Stefani, wrongfully cut the two creative artists out of more than $280,000 in proceeds from work done for the late King of Pop’s wardrobe, the complainants claim in court.

Zaldy, a former model whose real name is Nestor Goco, was contracted to design costumes for Jackson’s world tour, though the singer died on June 25, 2009 of an overdose of propofol and benzodiazepine, according to a 2009 profile in W magazine.

Zaldy was subsequently paid to allow his designs to be included in an ongoing worldwide tour of Jackson memorabilia and other shows authorized by the Jackson estate, including the “Immortal World Tour” and Cirque du Soleil’s “Michael Jackson ONE,” a Las Vegas stage production inspired by his hits.

The complainants, Zaldy’s former associates Christopher Demers and Travis Payne, claim in New York County Supreme Court in a case filed June 26 — a day after the pop superstar’s fifth death anniversary — that they signed a four-year contract of artist management agreement with Zaldy on July 10, 2009, related to any and all business ventures “regarding the artist known as Michael Jackson and all entities relating to same or his estate.”

Demers and Payne claim they agreed to serve as Zaldy’s managers from July 2009 to secure work with Jackson’s estate in exchange for a 20 percent cut of profits.

They say they fulfilled their obligations to Zaldy, but that the designer has stonewalled every time they sought payment for their services.

Zaldy “has not only failed and refused to pay any sums due under the agreement, but also failed and refused to provide information concerning his MJ-related income that is required to calculate the precise sum due,” says the lawsuit.

Zaldy also created a Swarovski crystal blanket for Jackson’s coffin.

Demers and Payne estimate that Zaldy — a Parsons and FIT-trained designer who has also made clothes for Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, Keith Richards, Mary J. Blige and other big stars — has earned at least $1.4 million from his Jackson-related work since 2009, and that the amount could be as high as $2.4 million.

As a result, they say, they are owed at least $280,000, “and perhaps upwards of $480,000.”

The plaintiffs seek an accounting, money earned and costs.

Demers has worked as a brand consultant for stars like Justin Timberlake and Jay-Z.

michael.jackson.2

The late Michael Jackson is seen wearing the stunning jacket created by Zaldy for Jackson’s “This Is It” concert.  (Getty Images)

The Emmy-nominated Payne was the choreographer for “This is It” and first gained fame as a dancer for Janet Jackson’s Rhythm Nation tour in 1989.

He’s also performed with Madonna, Ricky Martin and Prince.

The two are represented by David Trachtenberg, with Trachtenberg Rodes & Friedberg LLP.

Zaldy did not respond to requests for comment.

Born in the Philippines, Zaldy was costume designer of Lady Gaga’s The Monster Ball Tour at Madison Square Garden, and Britney Spears’ The Femme Fatale Tour, both in 2011.

Before becoming a designer, he walked runways for Vivienne Westwood, Thierry Mugler and Jean Paul Gaultier.

He also served as consultant to Donna Karan, RuPaul, Shiseido and MAC.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay...is it just me or is this some very weird wording going on in this story here......
all business ventures “regarding the artist known as Michael Jackson and all entities relating to same or his estate.”

Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 11:00:26 PM by RK
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

Re: Zaldy sued by Travis Payne and partner
July 15, 2014, 11:26:51 AM
It stood out for me too RK, but I think it's just legal phrasing.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

July 22, 2014, 09:47:54 AM
this has all been one very big pie hasn't it . :LolLolLolLol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

July 23, 2014, 07:46:02 AM
Does this mean TRavis and partner did lobby for Zaldy? is it that otherwise Zaldy wouldnt get the assignment/contract for all of these shows? or am i wrong about this.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
― Michael Jackson

suspicious mind

July 23, 2014, 09:41:09 AM
Does this mean TRavis and partner did lobby for Zaldy? is it that otherwise Zaldy wouldnt get the assignment/contract for all of these shows? or am i wrong about this.

hi there . can you refresh me a little on the specifics of your comment ? i do remember something about michael not wanting him but his longtime people bush and the other one. so there was word somewhere that was travis who pushed for this?

you know when you think about it his wardrobe was historically very simple and the time it would have taken to change into all of these costumes, not to mention the cost, who's pocket was that coming out of aeg's or michael's ?
Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 09:52:32 AM by suspicious mind
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

July 23, 2014, 05:13:06 PM

hi there . can you refresh me a little on the specifics of your comment ? i do remember something about michael not wanting him but his longtime people bush and the other one. so there was word somewhere that was travis who pushed for this?

you know when you think about it his wardrobe was historically very simple and the time it would have taken to change into all of these costumes, not to mention the cost, who's pocket was that coming out of aeg's or michael's ?

Hey Hello Suspicious :),

i don't know, i can't remember reading that Travis was the one who get ZAldy into the picture, but it seems very plausible concerning the article, somehow if i read the article this comes to my mind, like they all benefit and have sec. income behind MJ's back. And i Never knew Travis was an Agent for other people. I thought he was an choreographer and dancer.

Yes the time was to short, i am not sure but i think AEG was paying for the costumes.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
― Michael Jackson

July 23, 2014, 05:22:37 PM

Hey Hello Suspicious :),

i don't know, i can't remember reading that Travis was the one who get ZAldy into the picture, but it seems very plausible concerning the article, somehow if i read the article this comes to my mind, like they all benefit and have sec. income behind MJ's back. And i Never knew Travis was an Agent for other people. I thought he was an choreographer and dancer.

Yes the time was to short, i am not sure but i think AEG was paying for the costumes.

i picture this in my head, and question if i am way wrong, but i see it like this, Travis and partner approached Zaldy and say if you give me 20% fee , i will make you work for MJ's tour.  So they agreed at first but Zaldy backed out now, and thats why Travis and partner are now suing Zaldy.

Isnt it strange Travis got 20%? Because of Zaldy working for MJ and Aeg, imo that 20% must be for them getting Zaldy working for TII and other tours. Because they already were in and have the best opportunitys to get Zaldy in also.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
― Michael Jackson

RKTopic starter

July 23, 2014, 06:06:39 PM
I came across a blog somewhere the other day that was saying that Travis was getting payment from one of the other dancers on a previous tour because he had gotten the dancer the job on MJ's tour. Not sure if it was the Dangerous tour mentioned or History.  It basically said that when pay day arrived for all the crew, that the dancer in question had to hand over a sizable chunk of his wage to Travis for getting him the gig.
 I found it odd as I had just read this about the Zaldy court case at the time.
Maybe I am naive, but is this normal behaviour ? Or is it the done thing in 'the business' to always be on the take for any thing you can get?
I also can't locate where I read this at the moment, but will edit the post if I do manage to find it.

And @Suspicious.....I'm not too sure about a pie, seems more like a feeding frenzy to me.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

July 23, 2014, 06:59:43 PM
see now this is the feeling that i get as to some of the stuff that sullivan guys book was making known , just how much of this kind of stuff was around him. i know everyone got really turned off by the pre adolescent / pre sexual stuff and wouldn't give it the time of day but ya have to wonder.

i tell you what seems like if you were ever gonna be in that business you would be better off to never be a "star" just supporting. otherwise it could be a hell you could never emerge from alive.  :-X
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

July 24, 2014, 02:30:15 AM
i foud this article from another hoaxforum, i am sorry i havent read it fully myself.....yet, usy at this moment with work.

I saw that AEG paid Travis.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
― Michael Jackson

July 24, 2014, 03:28:17 AM

i have taken the sentences out of the  article; the full link is below, i think for a start its important to know who got paid by whom to get the full picture.           
"Payne, who was called to the stand by AEG, said that the singer often missed rehearsals and that when he did show up, he never ran through an entire show.
[gfont=Finger Paint][gfont=Finger Paint]Payne, who had worked with Jackson in the past, said he was usually hired by MJJ Productions and that the concerts represented the first time Jackson didn’t have full control.

He testified that there was a delay in his contract with AEG because the salary was not in line with his standard charges, but that things worked out after he had a conversation with Jackson. Payne also said he believed AEG was paying Murray’s salary, not Jackson.
[/gfont]

[gfont=Finger Paint]Payne, who was an associate producer on the “This Is It” documentary, said the footage of Jackson had not been retouched or altered.[/gfont]
[/gfont]

Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 03:39:27 AM by ShyBleuEyes
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
― Michael Jackson

July 24, 2014, 03:44:38 AM
see now this is the feeling that i get as to some of the stuff that sullivan guys book was making known , just how much of this kind of stuff was around him. i know everyone got really turned off by the pre adolescent / pre sexual stuff and wouldn't give it the time of day but ya have to wonder.

i tell you what seems like if you were ever gonna be in that business you would be better off to never be a "star" just supporting. otherwise it could be a hell you could never emerge from alive.  :-X

Yes there's more Behind this, it feels some kind of dirty, we knew that already, but it looks like its  extent the more we get to dig into this imo , Suspicious, theres so much info, we havent touched i believe.
That Sullivan did you read his book?

@ RK, i am curious about that article, i hope you find it again
Feeding Frenzy: i had to translate that, wow ,these are the appropiate words for this debacle.
Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 03:52:03 AM by ShyBleuEyes
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
― Michael Jackson

suspicious mind

July 24, 2014, 09:22:31 AM

Yes there's more Behind this, it feels some kind of dirty, we knew that already, but it looks like its  extent the more we get to dig into this imo , Suspicious, theres so much info, we havent touched i believe.
That Sullivan did you read his book?

@ RK, i am curious about that article, i hope you find it again
Feeding Frenzy: i had to translate that, wow ,these are the appropiate words for this debacle.
i have not read the sullivan book but that is the idea i get about it as to why tom mesereau was supporting this book.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RKTopic starter

July 24, 2014, 09:54:20 AM
Oh my goodness guys...I am on to the last chapter of this book . I have done nothing much else but read for 2 days now. I had down loaded this as a pdf file a while ago and had never had the time to read it. And when I did start, I haven't been able to stop.
It is a very coherent account and looks to be an accurate time line of events from post 2005 trial>>and on.
This book has contained more info on Thome Thome and Peter Lopez than I have come across any where else previously.
Tho it is not for the faint hearted as it can paint MJ to be manipulative at times as well as  having a drug problem and Sullivan  doesn't hold back on the Jackson  family either.
This book is loaded and packs a bang.
Would anyone else be interested if I posted relevant bits of the transcript and we discuss  and dissect it, such as Peter Lopez and his involvement, through to Leonard Rowe or how Dileo worked his way back into the fold?
I have answered my own question from my last post if  being on the take is normal in this business. From the pages of this book,  the answer is a resounding YES.

I'm going to take the liberty to be off topic with this last part and include this paragraph from the book.......
In 2002, Michael was willing to pay 1.4 billion for Marvel, which was the asking price, then the financing fell apart when Sony refused to let Jackson use the ATV catalog as collateral. Sony was constantly blocking his projects. They wanted to have complete control over him and today Marvel is worth 4 billion.....Deiter Weisner

Poor MJ. He really wanted to play Spiderman  and included that when he  pitched it to Stan Lee  at that time as well. 

Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 10:08:39 AM by RK
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

July 24, 2014, 05:06:09 PM
Thank u RK, to be honest i have missed the announcement of the sullivan book, i like to read that book.
I will search in my local book store.
it doesnt suprise me if MJ could be manipulative, you must be Though and strong to survive in show business to get what you want, and he knew best,  That's why i still can't believe he would die like that,although sometimes doubts does arise to me.
Is the title of the book "Untouchable".?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
― Michael Jackson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal