Question About "This Is It" Song
October 06, 2010, 09:38:34 PM
May I ask a simple question....something that has always bothered me:
We have been told on numerous occasions there is much more footage from the rehearsal, correct? More than the 2+ hours we have seen in the movie/DVD.  We have also been told they ran through the ENTIRE song set at least a couple of times.  (Oranthini talked about this I think).....ok, if they ran through all the songs, wouldn't they have Michael singing the title song: This Is It ????
I have never SEEN him sing this song.  I have no doubt that who we hear is Michael.  However, I would think with all the hull-a-baloo with This Is It.....he'd be singing it in the film...or at the very least some snippet in the credits.
Why haven't we seen Michael ever sing This Is It?  Or have I missed something....is there a video of it?
Thanks very much!

Blessings Always!
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Question About "This Is It" Song
October 06, 2010, 09:54:47 PM
As far as I know, the story is that the song was recorded a long time ago and they just happened to stumble upon it after Michael's "death" and chose to use it for the film and CD. I don't really buy that story, it had to have been planned in some way. But that's all I've heard about it thus far.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

October 06, 2010, 10:36:33 PM
Quote from: "jacilovesmichael"
As far as I know, the story is that the song was recorded a long time ago and they just happened to stumble upon it after Michael's "death" and chose to use it for the film and CD. I don't really buy that story, it had to have been planned in some way. But that's all I've heard about it thus far.

Yes, that is what I remember too. They found the song either on a computer or in a box while going through Michael's music and decided it would be perfect. They said that they didn't know Michael co-wrote it with Paul Anka. Paul Anka received royalties for his part in writing the song. He has also been singing it in some of his small concerts.

Question - how is it that Michael always has to pay someone when he uses a song with a co-writer yet we never heard that Michael is being paid by Anka for the use of the song. Isn't it the same thing but in reverse? It's never made sense to me.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

suspicious mind

October 06, 2010, 10:40:57 PM
just one more part of the whole thing that seems whacked.what i really love is how when the media thought michael wrote it he had a messiah complex. when they found out it was anka too nothin'
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
October 06, 2010, 11:54:35 PM
For those who haven't seen this yet......but yes, excellent question wishingstar..

[youtube:pvlb7fqf]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-L1JjLOwwI&p=75827704727F212F&playnext=1&index=21[/youtube:pvlb7fqf]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

October 07, 2010, 12:31:43 AM
That sure sounded to me to be a more recent recording of MJ singing than the on-line version of MJ singing it. Just the way Paul introduced him sounded like he was right there maybe back stage. I know this has been discussed before.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
October 07, 2010, 12:57:43 AM
That sure sounded to me to be a more recent recording of MJ singing than the on-line version of MJ singing it. Just the way Paul introduced him sounded like he was right there maybe back stage. I know this has been discussed before.

I agree.. ;)  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

October 07, 2010, 04:12:45 AM
so, do they say Michael recorded a song titled "This Is It" decades ago, and in 2009 he announced a concert tour named exactly the same "This Is It" and didn't include his old song "this is it" in it, and after his "death" they stumbled upon the decades old song just like that and decided to use it in the movie and call it "this is it"?????????? i just confused myself.  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
[/b]

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
October 07, 2010, 05:05:25 AM
Guess what?   I found another more recent version with Paul Anka explaining what happenned about this song ....have a listen to this...

[youtube:bqfgme9l]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VHPV8ReIfY&NR=1[/youtube:bqfgme9l]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

October 07, 2010, 11:00:40 AM
You guys are all so great....thank you so much!

I am just not believing they happened to find this song in a drawer!  Not when the O2 was presented with the THIS IS IT concert title.  
I have the CD.  Some interesting information on the song is listed in the booklet.  On both listings for the song it says: Michael Jackson and The Jacksons/written by Michael J. Jackson
Questions:
No mention of Paul Anka.......?
Background vocals by The Jacksons......does not say Jackson 5........?
Produced by Michael Jackson, John McClain and Mervyn Warren
Written by Michael J. Jackson...did he
They were both recorded at Marvin's Room in Hollywood.  The recording studio was  started by Marvin Gaye and now owned by John McClain....here is their site:
Also a new article today about John McClain....Papa Joe not happy McClain is an estate executor.

So......I am having a hard time believing this song to be a coincidence.......btw, don't forget the gematria match:  113 = This Is It = propofol  (I know,  :roll: )

Thanks for posting those videos......they were great.
All your work and thoughts are greatly appreciated!  
I know we have all that we need to beLIEve.....I just like the hunt and reasoning of things.  It is truly a living crossword puzzle....of sorts!

Blessings Always!!
LOVE,
Wishingstar
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

October 07, 2010, 11:50:26 AM
Quote from: "farhatmjj"
so, do they say Michael recorded a song titled "This Is It" decades ago, and in 2009 he announced a concert tour named exactly the same "This Is It" and didn't include his old song "this is it" in it, and after his "death" they stumbled upon the decades old song just like that and decided to use it in the movie and call it "this is it"?????????? i just confused myself.  :lol:

Haha, yep! That's basically what they want us to believe. It's such BS!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What you have just witnessed could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn’t. It’s the beginning.

October 08, 2010, 02:23:39 PM
Quote from: "2good2btrue"
Guess what?   I found another more recent version with Paul Anka explaining what happenned about this song ....have a listen to this...

[youtube:2n925t7i]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VHPV8ReIfY&NR=1[/youtube:2n925t7i]

I hadn't seen this version before.  To me Michael sounds completely different than what I have heard before on the DVD and the CD as well as in the other video with Paul Anka.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Serenitys_Dream

October 08, 2010, 02:33:45 PM
[youtube:2x3oq3mv]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeREaFLuY2M[/youtube:2x3oq3mv]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

October 08, 2010, 02:38:12 PM
Quote from: "youngatheart"
Quote from: "2good2btrue"

[youtube:3u0ssajw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VHPV8ReIfY&NR=1[/youtube:3u0ssajw]

I hadn't seen this version before.  To me Michael sounds completely different than what I have heard before on the DVD and the CD as well as in the other video with Paul Anka.

Thanks for posting. First of all, you're right, the recordings sound different. There are only 2 explanations for this. Either they recorded and mastered more than one track of this song back in the 80's or whatever and he just chose to use a different version, or Mike recorded another of his own whether it's live or prerecorded. They are definitely different. Not so different that everyone will notice, but I definitely can notice. I'm a singer and I just pick up on those things.

Also, the story he told sounded very fictional. So, they both had the song just tucked away in their bedroom drawers...??? lol, that doesn't seem realistic. I don't know. This is so strange.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

October 08, 2010, 02:46:02 PM
Just thinking about this some more...

What if Mike DID leave the song for someone to find. If he was planning to hoax his death, he would know that This Is It would be made into a film, that would have been the plan. So maybe he left the song for them to find KNOWING that they would use it, because, DUH...it's called "This Is It".

So maybe the song was always meant to be apart of This Is It. It could have in fact been an old song, but perhaps the entire This Is It project was named after the song, like that's where he got the idea. OR he planned all of this long ago and wanted to write a song with the same title of this entire project so that this could take place later.

Hmmm....  :?:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal